Rams activate Cody Davis from IR

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/30/rams-activate-cody-davis-from-ir/

Rams activate Cody Davis from IR
Posted by Charean Williams on December 30, 2017, 12:27 AM EST
859954014-e1514611643497.jpg

Getty Images

The Rams made it official Friday, activating safety Cody Davis from injured reserve and placing outside linebacker Matt Longacre on injured reserve.Davis appeared in six games for the Rams, making 19 tackles, an interception and three pass breakups. He injured his quadriceps against the Jaguars, and the Rams placed him on injured reserve November 3 after the injury lingered.

Davis will work into the secondary in Los Angeles’ sub-packages and will resume his role as a core special teams player.“Excited and happy for all of the success that this team has gotten accomplished,” Davis said, via the team’s website. “But sitting on the sidelines, you’re just itching to get back out there, so it feels great to be out practicing with my teammates.”

Longacre has a back injury that kept him out of the Rams’ 27-23 victory over Tennessee on Sunday. He played in 14 games this season.The third-year pro made 23 tackles and 5.5 sacks, forced a fumble and recovered a fumble.

With the recent placements of defensive players on the Injured Reserve i.e. DB Marqui Christain, DB Kayvon Webster & Matt Lonagcre .We have been discussing Cody Davis possible return this past week see thread below:

http://www.ramsondemand.com/threads/rams-place-marqui-christian-on-ir.52949/

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8897/cody-davis

Rams activated S Cody Davis from injured reserve.
Davis provides a boost to the Rams' defense heading into the playoffs. He was Pro Football Focus' No. 14-ranked safety in coverage out of 77 qualifiers prior to his injury. The Rams placed LB Matt Longacre on injured reserve to make room for Davis. Dec 30 - 9:24 A

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Put me in the Cody Davis Fan Club, guy is smart, fast and can play deep middle. Ohh, he kills on ST's as well. I hope he's healed up, because speed is a big element of his game, he covers KR and PR as well as anyone in the league, consistently one of the first guys downfield to cover.
I'm dealing with a little quad injury myself and it's the slowest healing soft tissue injury of my life so far. Listen to your body young guys and stretch! I'm 34 and wasn't even going hard. Now I just need Reggie Scott for a rehab program lol.

jap

Legend
Isn't Cody our practice time INT king? Nice to have him back to join the post-season hustle. Time to introduce Jimmy G. to Pick-6 country!

Ram65

Legend
This week is a nice luxury so he can knock the rust off before the playoffs!

Agreed, he will need to knock off the rust. Solid player that makes most plays. As a STer and subpackage player he is very valuable to the Rams. He is ready if a safety goes down. He is steady more than flashy.