Rams 53 Man Roster 2022 / Official Cut Down Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Funk > Ragas IMO

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ah well, here goes nothing ...

My guesses:

QB Stafford, Wolford
RB Akers, Henderson Jr, K. Williams, Funk
WR Kupp, Robinson II, Jefferson, Atwell, Skowronek, McCutcheon, Powell
TE Higbee, Hopkins, Harris
LT Noteboom, A Jackson
LG Edwards, Anchrum Jr.
C Brian Allen, J Snyder
RG Shelton
RT Havenstein, Arcuri

DE A'Shawn Robinson, Jonah Williams
NT Gaines, Copeland
DT Donald, Hoecht
Edge Floyd, Garrett
ILB E Jones
MLB Wagner, Rozeboom
OLB Hollins, T Lewis, K Thomas
CB1 Ramsey, Rochell
CB2 Hill, Durant
NB D. Long Jr, Kendrick
SS Fuller, Rapp
FS Scott, Yeast II, Burgess

K Gay
P Dixon
LS Orzech

Suspended: Bobby Brown III
PUP: Quentin Lake
NFI: Travin Howard
IR: Logan Bruss, JJ Koski, Daniel Hardy

Bubble players - Perkins, Gervase, Brown IV, Ragas, Kolone, Brewer, Evans, Whitley, Hummel

I would add analysis, but I honestly don't think I would be adding anything to the discussion that hasn't already been said. This is just to get my guesses down on 'paper' prior to cut downs.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Ah well, here goes nothing ...

My guesses:

QB Stafford, Wolford
RB Akers, Henderson Jr, K. Williams, Funk
WR Kupp, Robinson II, Jefferson, Atwell, Skowronek, McCutcheon, Powell
TE Higbee, Hopkins, Harris
LT Noteboom, A Jackson
LG Edwards, Anchrum Jr.
C Brian Allen, J Snyder
RG Shelton
RT Havenstein, Arcuri

DE A'Shawn Robinson, Jonah Williams
NT Gaines, Copeland
DT Donald, Hoecht
Edge Floyd, Garrett
ILB E Jones
MLB Wagner, Rozeboom
OLB Hollins, T Lewis, K Thomas
CB1 Ramsey, Rochell
CB2 Hill, Durant
NB D. Long Jr, Kendrick
SS Fuller, Rapp
FS Scott, Yeast II, Burgess

K Gay
P Dixon
LS Orzech

Suspended: Bobby Brown III
PUP: Quentin Lake
NFI: Travin Howard
IR: Logan Bruss, JJ Koski, Daniel Hardy

Bubble players - Perkins, Gervase, Brown IV, Ragas, Kolone, Brewer, Evans, Whitley, Hummel

I would add analysis, but I honestly don't think I would be adding anything to the discussion that hasn't already been said. This is just to get my guesses down on 'paper' prior to cut downs.

My one change would be to let Burgess hit the wire to bring in Roger Carter as our TE4. jmo.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
My one change would be to let Burgess hit the wire to bring in Roger Carter as our TE4. jmo.
I would agree with that too, though I would try to sneak Kologne onto the roster too.

fearsomefour

Legend
I'll be bewildered if Perkins survives the 53 man roster. I'm just not sure what McVay sees in the kid...
I think he has improved.
Hardly the ideal QB to run his O, but, the Rams aren't going to get that guy without investing something.
The Rams do not appear interested in investing in a back up QB.
I ike things about both Wolford and Perkins.
That said, I have no opinion about either one being able to succeed for more than a short fill in stint.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Updated thread title to make this our official cutdown thread. (y)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
When do they need to be at 53? Is that today?

Yes, today. 4pm ET.

When are NFL roster cuts 2022?

53-man roster deadline

Date: Tuesday, Aug. 30
Time: 4 p.m. ET

By Tuesday, Aug. 30, every NFL team must reduce its roster to no more than 53 players. During the preseason, teams may hold up to 90 players, and in three separate phases, must cut down to the 53 players they'll carry during the regular season.

In addition to the 53-man roster, NFL practice squads will start to come into focus after that point. Teams are allowed to hold 16 players (within certain qualifications) on their practice squad (more on practice squads below).

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I am thinking RB and OG are on a radar as we make cuts.

RB likely a released player. OG by trade, if we make one.

With all of our success with late round draft picks, and UDFA’s, we have not been as successful on cutdown day;

Rams final 53-man roster: Will McVay add any players cut by other teams​

The end is near! NFL training camps officially close tomorrow with final cuts being due by 1 p.m. PST. Trimming those 32 rosters puts 800+ players available for waiver claims and gets scouting staffs into overdrive, poring over the candidates and trying to fill roster needs. Will the Los Angeles Rams try to repurpose another teams castoffs into roster treasure?

The short answer is both yes and no. Yes, because history shows that during the Les Snead/Sean McVay regime the Rams will add at least one player. And no, the same time frame does not show any real value has been added.

With all the Rams success since 2017, they have been way down the list when putting in waiver claims. This year will be no different, L.A. will be 32nd in line for a chance at players. At this late point in the game, it a reach for a niche player. The Rams might be better served to wait for practice squads to be set and poach a promising aspirant.

How have the Rams fared on final cut pickups?

Since Sean McVay took over in 2017, L.A. has only added a total of nine players following, or nearly so, the final cut down. As a group, they have not panned out, with mostly special teams (ST) and practice squad (PS) to their credit. Here they are and the teams they came from.

Guard Jared Hocker—Seattle Seahawks

Only lasted one month before being terminated from the PS.

Safety/linebacker Antoine Brooks—Pittsburgh Steelers

Was active in eight games, gaining 139 ST snaps. He was re-signed to a 2022 Reserve/futures contract, but cut before OTAs.

Running back Buddy Howell—Houston Texans

Mostly used on special teams, but he did get five offensive carries and two kickoff returns. Howell was in on 162 ST snaps.

Running back Raymond Calais—Tampa Bay Buccaneers

While not an official final cut, Calais is an example of poaching off another teams practice squad. He was released by the Bucs, cleared waivers, and then the Rams grabbed him. As such, he had to be added to L.A.’s active roster. He was injured for the the year in the 2021 preseason and has already been released in 2022.

Edge Jachai Polite—Seattle Seahawks

Another non-official final cut, but close and interesting just the same. In mid-September, the then-Oakland Raiders poached off ball linebacker Dakota Allen from the Rams practice squad. L.A. replaced him with Polite, a recent Seahawk cut.

Guard Evan Boehm—Arizona Cardinals

Boehm had started five games for the Cards in 2017, putting 588 offensive snaps under his belt. He seemed like a good addition after the Rams 2019 offensive line woes. In October, he was poached off L.A.’s PS by the Indianapolis Colts and saw action with for starts and 11 overall games with Indy.

Center Aaron Neary—Philadelphia Eagles

Spent 2017 on practice squad until game 16 with the San Francisco 49ers, and got the start when coach Sean McVay decided to sit his starters. Released in the Rams final 2018 cuts and picked up by Cleveland Browns, who released him a couple of days later. Was re-signed by L.A. In 2019, Neary was given a four game suspension for substance abuse, but played in preseason games, and broke an ankle. The Rams released him from the suspended list with an injury settlement.

Defensive tackle Quinton Jefferson—Seattle Seahawks

The Rams got their and put him on the practice squad. In early October, the Seattle reacquired Jefferson by poaching him of the PS.

Center/tackle J.J. Dielman—Cincinnati Bengals

Only lasted 10 days with the Rams before being cut.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Yeah, Perk to PS if not outright waived. Honestly, if he is playing for us, we are in a BAD way.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

The Rams’ moves have begun, and we’ll be tracking all of their cuts here until they’re down to just 53 players.

S Dan Isom (waived)​

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I think he has improved.
Hardly the ideal QB to run his O, but, the Rams aren't going to get that guy without investing something.
The Rams do not appear interested in investing in a back up QB.
I ike things about both Wolford and Perkins.
That said, I have no opinion about either one being able to succeed for more than a short fill in stint.
I think it's more of me having an issue with our backup QB system in general. I mean why not pick a guy late in the draft? There's plenty of them out there and you just might strike gold. Rather than stay with the status quo of two QB's who you know wouldn't really win you any games. Lets be real here... If Perkins goes in, he might get you a couple of first downs with his feet, no doubt about that. But that dude has the arm of a high school QB. Those ducks are just waiting to be picked off. And in reality after a couple of games he would turn into a pick 6 machine during the regular season. And the Wolf??? We've seen him in action annnnnd, Goff with a broken finger is better.

I think at the moment the Rams should be shopping for the QB of the future, pick a young guy with potential and have him study Matty Statty for a few years to see how he develops. It's really one of my only gripes about McSnead

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Strange they don’t usually announce them one at a time do they?

Psycho_X

Legend
Through league sources could mean anything... most reporters have people inside organizations, if not players themselves, who'll send them tips. I'm sure just leaks happening but Rams will probably do a total list release at once.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They certainly don't, but that doesn't mean the players don't let folks know when they come out of Coach's office. Per league source could be an agent that is clued in on client activities, or the player themselves reaching out to a media contact for some reason. Just my thoughts - no actual facts behind my case. :)

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

WR Jacob Harris (waived)​

Harris was a fourth-round pick by the Rams last year, making this move a pretty big surprise. He’s a crazy-athletic player who can line up at tight end and wide receiver. Harris should be a strong practice squad candidate.