Rams 2013 NFL Draft/Offseason Overview: 3 Keys Via 101ESPN

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ShaneG

Starter
(First piece for 101ESPN... Glad to be back. I want to thank everyone for their kind words as I was dealing with family tragedy and the great support X and many, many of you have shown me over the last year or two. Happy new year to each of you and hope you enjoy the read.)

By Shane Gray

With a 7-8-1 record, the St. Louis Rams completed their most successful season since a 2004 campaign that culminated in a trip to the NFC playoffs.

This season’s slate saw the NFL’s youngest roster close out the league’s third toughest schedule in an impressive fashion — winning three of its’ final four road contests and four of its’ final six overall.

Make no mistake, we witnessed the beginnings of a full-fledged Rams renaissance, a renaissance that should — sooner rather than later — see St. Louis and Super Bowl contender penned synonymously for the first time since the greatest show on turf era.

The renaissance began when Stan Kroenke opened his pocketbook and gave Chief Operating Officer Kevin Demoff the go-ahead to aggressively pursue head coach Jeff Fisher, one of the league’s elite leaders. Subsequently, Kroenke then coughed up additional cash to provide Fisher the freedom to solicit a trusted collection of coaches that ultimately armed St. Louis with one of the league’s more highly regarded staffs.

Of course, the addition of general manager Les Snead and his trade of the No. 2 pick — a move that only the historic Hershel Walker and Ricky Williams deals can compare to in regard to draft related swaps — provided the Rams with a plethora of premium picks from 2012 to 2014, setting the organization up with an exceptional opportunity to maximize their revival long-term.

Looking beyond the past offseason and into the upcoming one, I see the following items as key for continued ascension in St. Louis:

http://101sports.com/category/misc-blog ... -Overview/

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Re: Rams 2013 NFL Draft/Offseason Overview: 3 Keys Via 101ES

Well, well, well. Look who got called up to the bigs!

Good job, Shane!

ShaneG

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

X said:

Good job, Shane!

Thanks, X! You have been a great friend of me and tremendous supporter. I greatly appreciate you and your friendship. I am very grateful. I hope 2013 is by far your best yet, as well as ramsondemand.com. Thanks once again, X!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Well done!

The article is great, but I got to give an A+ to the Tilted Kilt girls on the link! :sly:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Wow dude, congrats on getting to do a dream job!

ShaneG

Starter

CGI_Ram said:
Well done!

The article is great, but I got to give an A+ to the Tilted Kilt girls on the link! :sly:

Thank you very much... and well, yeah... those girls get the best grade there... no doubt :)

ShaneG

Starter

Angry Ram said:
Wow dude, congrats on getting to do a dream job!

Thank you so much and have enjoyed interacting with you. It is getting there and I am thankful.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

ShaneG said:
X said:

Good job, Shane!

Thanks, X! You have been a great friend of me and tremendous supporter. I greatly appreciate you and your friendship. I am very grateful. I hope 2013 is by far your best yet, as well as ramsondemand.com. Thanks once again, X!
Thanks dude. You've done a great job sticking to your guns and have never given up on your craft. This is just the first step in what appears to be a great career, and you owe it all to your dedication. I've listened to your podcasts a few times too. Any chance you'll be doing that with 101 sometime in the future?

ShaneG

Starter

X said:
ShaneG said:
X said:

Good job, Shane!

Thanks dude. You've done a great job sticking to your guns and have never given up on your craft. This is just the first step in what appears to be a great career, and you owe it all to your dedication. I've listened to your podcasts a few times too. Any chance you'll be doing that with 101 sometime in the future?

Thanks a ton, X. I appreciate all the support you have shown and this terrific outlet. I have worked very hard and will continue to do that. Thanks for listening. Am thinking of cranking those back up as well. As for your question, have talked a little about that but not sure that is coming quite yet but hopefully it will.

bluecoconuts

Legend

Congrats on the job man, that's awesome. Good article too, looking forward to reading more from you.

ShaneG

Starter

bluecoconuts said:
Congrats on the job man, that's awesome. Good article too, looking forward to reading more from you.

Thank you so much for taking time to send those kind words. I am very grateful. Good to be back in touch as well. Hope '13 is your best yet, bro.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo

As a simple man may say its good to have you back on ROD in addition to pursuing your dream if you will bud. :clap:

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh

ShaneG said:
(First piece for 101ESPN... Glad to be back. I want to thank everyone for their kind words as I was dealing with family tragedy and the great support X and many, many of you have shown me over the last year or two. Happy new year to each of you and hope you enjoy the read.)
Sorry to hear about your family tragedy.... somehow I missed that even though I try to read your Twitter feed. And a big congrats on getting the opportunity to publish for 101ESPN... hope to see you get more exposure, as it's well deserved.

I haven't finished reading through the article, but I saw your reference to the "Rams 18.7 average [points] ranked just 23rd in the league". Are these only Offense-produced points or team-produced points? If only offense, do you happen to know avg-team points and the team's ranking for that?

Thanks.

ShaneG

Starter

BatteringRambo said:
As a simple man may say its good to have you back on ROD in addition to pursuing your dream if you will bud. :clap:

Thank you, BatteringRambo. Really appreciate that very, very much. Hope '13 is the best year yet for you. Thanks again.