Ram Thoughts From the East Coast

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram65

Legend
Free Agency is off and silly money as always is being handed out. I think our Rams have been pretty responsible thus far. Hard not to be excited about the additions of Marcus Peters and Aqib Talib. The addition of NRC is huge also. You add the best slot corner with 2 of the top outside corners and yes, you have the best set of corners in the NFL. Not afraid to come out and say it. Also when you consider 58% of defenses played are sub packages, makes the NRC even that more valuable. Sully is back on a nice deal also. So now what? What moves do they make? I would like to see them add a TE. Ebron would be worth a look, maybe Martellus Bennett for a year? After losing Sammy, TE seems like a logical and cheaper way to shore up the receiving core. I like what I seen from Everett but is he ready for a full load? Even so, the Rams need another piece. Higbee is not the answer IMO. So the question remains are they going for it or what? This leads me to Aaron Donald.

Free agency is even more sillier money wise than ever. I like the thinking on NRC being valuable because of sub packages. However, him and Sullivan got much higher deals than most everyone thought. Teams stacking money could hurt the entire makeup of the league. We all love the horns but, it is nice to have the same players on the Rams year in and year out. Not of fan of Ebron but, another TE could help.

This leads me to even more questions. If you had to choose 1 of the following 3, who would you choose? Aaron Donald, Jared Goff or Todd Gurley? There is no way all 3 will be signed by the Rams, unless one of them takes a super team friendly deal and even then Im not sure its possible. The Rams need to decide who they are keeping. Not my preference but my guess is Donald will be odd man out. Dont disregard Suh coming in for a visit. If he does signs multi year, my guess is we have 1 year left with Donald. Suh would be more than half the cost of Donald. Not saying this is what I want, but the Rams have to make some extremely tough decisions in the coming years.

I'm not going to say it is impossible to keep the big three. I have been saying it's not going to be easy. Demoff has to stagger cap hits to have a chance at making it work. Playing with numbers I came up with 23 Million is appox. 13% of this years cap. Somehow Demoff and the Rams have come up with a formula for the % they want to pay each year to the big three. The problems lie in predicting both future cap amounts and payments. I'm sure Demoff has some kind of program. If they were paying the big three 33 % of todays cap it would be around 58.5 Mil ...25 M for Goff....22 M for Donald and 11.5 M for Gurley. Think about that.