Ram player Most likely to be a head coach

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Which current players do you think could one day be a head coach?

I’d say that the most talented guys, like Aaron Donald and Jalen Ramsey, are unlikely, as they would have trouble dealing with less talented players.

I’d say the three who come to mind are Cooper Kupp, Andrew Whitworth and Robert Woods.

Thoughts?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Which current players do you think could one day be a head coach?

I’d say that the most talented guys, like Aaron Donald and Jalen Ramsey, are unlikely, as they would have trouble dealing with less talented players.

I’d say the three who come to mind are Cooper Kupp, Andrew Whitworth and Robert Woods.

Thoughts?
I disagree with you about Aaron Donald. I've seen him doing private workouts with guys wanting to learn from him who were obviously less talented than he. Some of which never saw an NFL snap. But generally, I would say you are right about superstars rarely becoming coaches,,,

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@Loyal never coaching
happy molly shannon GIF by Laff

Not sure, I would bet a few talented coaches come out of this current team. Guys who live football 24/7 always seem to find their way into coaching. The WR duo as you mentioned are candidates. I bring up Ramsey helping everyone…DBs, WRs, and other Defense Units. Guys who spend time coaching up fellow players tend to take the next step(IMO).

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@Loyal never coaching
happy molly shannon GIF by Laff

Not sure, I would bet a few talented coaches come out of this current team. Guys who live football 24/7 always seem to find their way into coaching. The WR duo as you mentioned are candidates. I bring up Ramsey helping everyone…DBs, WRs, and other Defense Units. Guys who spend time coaching up fellow players tend to take the next step(IMO).
You know it! *flexes

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I'd like to see Whitworth working with our oline after he retires. Maybe not a major coaching role, but something.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Whit strikes me as an instant-OL Coach type hire the moment he retires. Not sure if he'd end up being an Andy Reid type though, figure he'll probably stay with the OL because it's what he seems to love.

Kupp meanwhile strikes me as a gifted type mind who McVay will hire and put into his coaching pipeline. His passing game grasp makes me think he's probably the most likely head coach among the offensive guys.

Defensively I'd go with Fuller. Just seems like a smart type who would go into coaching.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Taylor Rapp, Micah Kaiser, and Troy Reeder. Strong safeties and linebackers usually are the positions that have more representation in coaching.

dang

Legend
Without a doubt the ultimate team player. Mr We not Me…former Ram great…Marcus Peters!!!

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is that a head coach in the NFL, or are we talking about the high school and collegate levels? I think most player/super stars do not become head coaches becasue they do not need the money, and if they want to stay in the game, they can commentate on the NFL or any level. A lot of the stars are into branding not coaching.