Ram Injuries coming out of this loss, heading onto Seattle

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
So besides loosing our away game played in our home stadium to the Eagles....the big news all over the NFL world is on Carson Wentz injury the Rams have some to contend with also but hard to find out anything on.

What our starting CB situation now that we lost our #2 starting CB for the season with a torn Achilles . I also understand that starting corner suffered a head injured & is now secured in the Concussion protocol Rams facility lock-down cell. This is one scary issue heading into our biggest game of the season.

Then the offense lost our top Goff security head enforcer starter Andrew Whitworth LT to a Ankle injury. I also have read that our other starting RT Rob Havenstein sustained a injury also but not sure what type of injury it was.

Were there other other injuries that I have not included? To go with the ongoing injuries the Rams went into the Eagle game with Starting LB'ers Barwin,Ogletree, Barron, WR Woods,DB Safety Joyner.

Last edited:

fearsomefour

Legend
Whitworth and Hav finished the game. I'm sure both will be ready to go.
Ogletree played the whole game as did Barron.
Tru is key.
Barwin, Joyner, Woods??
Hopefully good news soon.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ogletree played the whole game as did Barron.
Tru is key.
Barwin, Joyner, Woods??
Hopefully good news soon.
Agree if Trumaine is not cleared guess we will see our Nickle 3rd corner 5-8/ 175 Lb NRC & our 4th corner 5-11/ 178 pound Troy Hill as starters with Peterson as our only other corner. One would suspect that Rams will have to sign a Corner because they do not have one on the PS. Ex Ram Hatfield was battling a hip injured before his release. Lucky for Wade both JJ III & Joyner have excellent coverage skills doe starting safeties.

Did you have the ability to notice the difference in performance of play of top reserve OT Darrell Williams @ LT for Andrew then to RT for Rob? Joyner & Woods have been battling a bad shoulders, Barwin has fracture arm & bad knee for awhile now.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Woods was borderline yesterday...bet he plays in Seattle.

NRC may be small but that little SOB rolls his sack out there in a wheelbarrow. He is a tackler!

Joyner would be good to have back

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
If he severed his head, then I'm going out on a limb and saying he won't play next week. That's usually a pretty serious injury ...

Yep I would think that too but I fixed it to Suffered instead:D

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
@BonifayRam did you not watch the whole game? This is the second post where you said Whit was out the entire game with an ankle. Both of which you were corrected by others saying Whit came back in. You ok buddy?

I think Tru will be back. Concussions usually only last about 3 or 4 days and I don't think he's been terribly susceptible to them.
Losing Webster will hurt, he's been a decent cover corner at the 2 spot. But I think Hill will fill in nicely, maybe this is where he shows he belongs in the NFL. Just hope our guys stay healthy the rest of the way because we don't have much more room for any injuries in our secondary.

Last edited:

fearsomefour

Legend
Agree if Trumaine is not cleared guess we will see our Nickle 3rd corner 5-8/ 175 Lb NRC & our 4th corner 5-11/ 178 pound Troy Hill as starters with Peterson as our only other corner. One would suspect that Rams will have to sign a Corner because they do not have one on the PS. Ex Ram Hatfield was battling a hip injured before his release. Lucky for Wade both JJ III & Joyner have excellent coverage skills doe starting safeties.

Did you have the ability to notice the difference in performance of play of top reserve OT Darrell Williams @ LT for Andrew then to RT for Rob? Joyner & Woods have been battling a bad shoulders, Barwin has fracture arm & bad knee for awhile now.
Williams was solid at LT and gave up a strip to Long at RT in very limited snaps there.
Didn't really get a hand on Long at RT. He was not given help at LT but held up fine. Didn't see a ton of snaps but clearly more
comfortable at LT.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Those ankles are weird things.
Sometimes when the injury is fresh you can still get around on it with taping.
Other times they can really stiffen up on you during the week.

Let's hope they are minor enough that they both come back for the big game.

I'm guessing a week of rest will be good for Ogletree's elbow too.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Yep I would think that too but I fixed it to Suffered instead:D
I use the voice reader on my phone and I always have to double-check everything.
It's funny because it'll just do random pronouns.

It loves to substitute them even if they don't sound even close.
It's almost like a virus they put in these damn things but this is the third Samsung Galaxy I've had that does that.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Needs woods back , he opens up alot of big plays . He is an under rated blocker down field as well .

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thankfully Seattle doesn't have a lot of big WRs.

I would imagine NRC would play outside along with Hill. Joyner would play NCB and Countess would play at safety. Peterson would be the backup, but yea, seems like we need one more CB if TruJo can't go.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
@BonifayRam did you not watch the whole game? This is the second post where you said Whit was out the entire game with an ankle. Both of which you were corrected by others saying Whit came back in. You ok buddy?

I think Tru will be back. Concussions usually only last about 3 or 4 days and I don't think he's been terribly susceptible to them.
Losing Webster will hurt, he's been a decent cover corner at the 2 spot. But I think Hill will fill in nicely, maybe this is where he shows he belongs in the NFL. Just hope our guys stay healthy the rest of the way because we don't have much more room for any injuries in our secondary.

OK let me help you out #1 Question did Andrew Whitworth suffer a injury to his ankle? #2-Did he depart the field for a period of time? #3-Where in either of my posts on did I say that he went out an entire game? Are YOU OK buddy? ;)

OK let me help you out with the factual answers to these questions:
#1 the correct answer is Yes Whitworth did have an injury.
#2-Correct answer is Yes he did depart the field.
#3-In this above post that you have brought up I never posted what you said I posted. Why throw out such false crap like that @ me ? Do we have a problem then push the ignore button & relieve yourself. You made that allegation not me .

Finally In yesterday evenings post by me on Andrew Whitworth contained a "Quote" News Alert from NBC's Sports Rotoworld (Example of False News). Go read it again & you will see under their quote...I added a few words....."what did I miss"?

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I use the voice reader on my phone and I always have to double-check everything.
It's funny because it'll just do random pronouns.

It loves to substitute them even if they don't sound even close.
It's almost like a virus they put in these damn things but this is the third Samsung Galaxy I've had that does that.
I have a Samsung Galaxy too:shocking:

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
OK let me help you out #1 Question did Andrew Whitworth suffer a injury to his ankle? #2-Did he depart the field for a period of time? #3-Where in either of my posts on did I say that he went out an entire game? Are YOU OK buddy? ;)

OK let me help you out with the factual answers to these questions:
#1 the correct answer is Yes Whitworth did have an injury.
#2-Correct answer is Yes he did depart the field.
#3-In this above post that you have brought up I never posted what you said I posted. Why throw out such false crap like that @ me ? Do we have a problem then push the ignore button & relieve yourself. You made that allegation not me .

Finally In yesterday evenings post on Andrew Whitworth contained a "Quote" News Alert from NBC's Sports Rotoworld. Go read it again & you will see under their quote...I added a few words....."what did I miss"?

boohoo bro boohoo. I was just giving you a bad time no need to get all touchy about it. Who said i wanted to block you? Why are you getting so bent about it? Do i need to put everything in that damn blue font every time i'm being sarcastic about something? Gosh. I went ahead and fixed my post for you!

NuK5Q8u.jpg

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg

If Tru doesn't play, I don't think we will be lost in the secondary. Remember, Seattle's receivers are pretty small. Baldwin (5'10" 189 lbs,) Lockett (5'10" 182 lbs) and Richardson (6'0" 175 lbs) aren't exactly big receivers. Quick yes, but I think we will match-up okay. Yes we are thin, and not sure if we can get someone signed quickly to provide some depth for the game Sunday. It sure would be nice to get Cody Davis back. Has anyone heard of his possible return?

Given how much success Philly had yesterday with their tight-ends, I would imagine we will get a big dose of Jimmy Graham and Luke Wilson. If we shut down the tight-ends, it will reduce a bunch of stress with the rest of the secondary.

Also, Tru has difficulty covering smaller, faster receivers due to his size. However, when he can get physical with them they have a hard time getting separation.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Where do the Squawks stand on their injuries from yesterday? They had some very important folk go down. Wagner, Wright.....

RedRam

Pro Bowler
If he severed his head, then I'm going out on a limb and saying he won't play next week. That's usually a pretty serious injury ...
Well, if he does manage to overcome that injury and play, he'll be far less likely to take a "too much mouth" penalty!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
@BonifayRam I think the Rams defense is better with Joyner moving into the slot whenever the nickel is out there, and giving NRC a shot at the #2 CB slot. NRC has some serious ball instincts, and I think that balance of players would be better than Hill getting significant time.

Not sure what the deal is with Cody Davis, but if we can get him back in conjunction with the above it would be a huge deal.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Tru doesn't play, I don't think we will be lost in the secondary. Remember, Seattle's receivers are pretty small. Baldwin (5'10" 189 lbs,) Lockett (5'10" 182 lbs) and Richardson (6'0" 175 lbs) aren't exactly big receivers. Quick yes, but I think we will match-up okay. Yes we are thin, and not sure if we can get someone signed quickly to provide some depth for the game Sunday. It sure would be nice to get Cody Davis back. Has anyone heard of his possible return?

Given how much success Philly had yesterday with their tight-ends, I would imagine we will get a big dose of Jimmy Graham and Luke Wilson. If we shut down the tight-ends, it will reduce a bunch of stress with the rest of the secondary.

Also, Tru has difficulty covering smaller, faster receivers due to his size. However, when he can get physical with them they have a hard time getting separation.
SEA is all about Wilson to me.

Contain him and you have a very good shot at beating them.

Once he starts running around, he makes the receivers look better than they are... or he gets the yardage himself.

Contain Wilson... easier said than done.