Rally Cat nabbed!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bnw

Pro Bowler
Come on DeWitt put up Rally Cat's bail!

598e2b40a7904.image.jpg

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_d2af6767-e6ac-5f3d-b83c-14333167bc51.html

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
He's positively adorable. He looks like a kitten version of my old Maine Coon, only with amber eyes instead of green, like mine.

I honestly hope that one of the Cardinals players adopt him.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
He's positively adorable. He looks like a kitten version of my old Maine Coon, only with amber eyes instead of green, like mine.

I honestly hope that one of the Cardinals players adopt him.

Don't they change as the cat becomes an adult.

I know every cat I owned did except one.

If the Cardinals win the World Series I wonder if he will get on the ring like the Rally Squirrel.

I'm not a baseball fan but this was a great thing to do.

Adding the squirrel to the ring was awesome!!!

e60302c16825f021dd862b3061d13669.jpg

He's retired now, living comfortably as a squirrel of leisure. Or a pimp. I can't tell from this recent pic.

rally-squirrel-moves-to-Ballwin.jpeg

Memento

Name
Jemma
Don't they change as the cat becomes an adult.

I know every cat I owned did except one.

If the Cardinals win the World Series I wonder if he will get on the ring like the Rally Squirrel.

I'm not a baseball fan but this was a great thing to do.

Adding the squirrel to the ring was awesome!!!

e60302c16825f021dd862b3061d13669.jpg

Yep, cats do change. Phoenix was such a lovable coward, scared of his own shadow, probably because the basement where he spent his kittenhood was a loud place. I miss the guy already; he died last January.

Hopefully the Rally cat gets his image on a ring this year! :D

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yep, cats do change. Phoenix was such a lovable coward, scared of his own shadow, probably because the basement where he spent his kittenhood was a loud place. I miss the guy already; he died last January.

Hopefully the Rally cat gets his image on a ring this year! :D

I've been around cats my entire life.

They are fantastic animals.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I've been around cats my entire life.

They are fantastic animals.

They are amazing creatures. Time for me to tell a story that you won't believe:

My mom had a Russian blue cat by the name of Mist. He survived getting hit by a car when he was two and survived cancer when he was seventeen. I knew him all my childhood. He was probably the nicest cat you'll ever see. He tolerated me as a little kid, which most cats probably wouldn't have done. He was an excellent hunter; my parents had no problems with mice when Mist was around.

When he was twenty-one (and I was ten at the time) it was his time to go. We were moving to a new house, and he had to be put to sleep because his cancer was coming back. My mom had a tough time with it. We buried his ashes somewhere, I don't know where exactly, but this next part is the one you won't believe.

My mom heard a cat mewing, and she was spooked. She woke up my dad saying that there's a cat in the basement, and that she wanted him to check it out with her. She woke me up with her scream. And I'm wondering what's going on, so I head downstairs, and saw a painfully-thin cat who looked exactly like Mist. Russian blue, down to the eye color. This cat was mewing for food, it had probably been starving from the journey, and we had no idea how any cat could've gotten into our basement. So, we went to get food, and I tell my brother in the morning that we had a cat.

We sent up flyers for a lost cat, all the way up to three-hundred miles away from us, and nobody answered. So we went into the vet to check on the cat...and we find out that she was a girl. And pregnant.

We named her Misty in honor of my mom's cat. She gives birth to two kittens: Valkyrie (a Russian blue like her mom) and Phoenix (a huge Maine Coon with the same green eyes as his mom). We gave Valkyrie away, which is something that I wish we hadn't done. We kept Phoenix, and...well, that's the story.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
They are amazing creatures. Time for me to tell a story that you won't believe:

My mom had a Russian blue cat by the name of Mist. He survived getting hit by a car when he was two and survived cancer when he was seventeen. I knew him all my childhood. He was probably the nicest cat you'll ever see. He tolerated me as a little kid, which most cats probably wouldn't have done. He was an excellent hunter; my parents had no problems with mice when Mist was around.

When he was twenty-one (and I was ten at the time) it was his time to go. We were moving to a new house, and he had to be put to sleep because his cancer was coming back. My mom had a tough time with it. We buried his ashes somewhere, I don't know where exactly, but this next part is the one you won't believe.

My mom heard a cat mewing, and she was spooked. She woke up my dad saying that there's a cat in the basement, and that she wanted him to check it out with her. She woke me up with her scream. And I'm wondering what's going on, so I head downstairs, and saw a painfully-thin cat who looked exactly like Mist. Russian blue, down to the eye color. This cat was mewing for food, it had probably been starving from the journey, and we had no idea how any cat could've gotten into our basement. So, we went to get food, and I tell my brother in the morning that we had a cat.

We sent up flyers for a lost cat, all the way up to three-hundred miles away from us, and nobody answered. So we went into the vet to check on the cat...and we find out that she was a girl. And pregnant.

We named her Misty in honor of my mom's cat. She gives birth to two kittens: Valkyrie (a Russian blue like her mom) and Phoenix (a huge Maine Coon with the same green eyes as his mom). We gave Valkyrie away, which is something that I wish we hadn't done. We kept Phoenix, and...well, that's the story.

Sometimes life is impossible to explain isn't it..........I miss having a cat, in the condo I rent I'm not allowed, but someday I'll have another.

bnw

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm not a cat person....always had a dog (3 at present) plus I am very allergic to cats. Well that saved me from cats until last year when I returned from a fishing trip to find a cat running through the house. Now we have two cats. Thankfully both have been relegated to the outside or the garage in winter. Both are great mousers though they kill and stash to rot way too many birds. I stay away from the cats as much as I can but for some twisted cat logic they really really like me. I drive home and they are running to meet me with their rubbing up against my legs and always being where my next foot fall will be. For the past month I've been trying to dissuade them as much as I can since they rubbed poison ivy all over my lower legs but they won't have any of it.