Raise 'em Up, and Knock 'em Down

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why not compare Reynolds with Bruce while you’re at it? Why not compare him to Brian Quick, Kenny Britt etc...?

It seems your confidence level and McVay’s confidence in Reynolds is on opposite ends of the spectrum
Reynolds is getting more plays called for him as games go on
He’s gonna be a big factor come the playoffs.
He has had some great catches this season.
Oh and I made a mistake by saying Josh Reynolds was a 3rd
He was a 4th round pick - the dude is playing EXCELLENT for a 2nd year WR

GO RAMS
Because Reynolds didn't replace Bruce. You don't compare him to Brian Quick and Kenny Briit because the other variables are not the same (IE, they played on horrible teams with bad QB's, and Reynolds was in place of Cooper Kupp's position with Jared Goff throwing to him, after watching how great Kupp's played since he's been in the NFL).

Reynolds has made some good plays, but he is a downgrade from Kupp and almost makes the 11 personnel look, impossible to do. jmho.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
By and large, you had a confidence in Kupp to get first downs when we had to have them, and I have no such confidence in Reynolds. Kupp was a first down machine, and maybe its not fair to compare Reynolds with Kupp, but it is what it is.
Nope, not fair.

They’re two different guys, two different players.

Reynolds is more of an X and Kupp is a slot...I know you know that

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Reynolds is getting more plays called for him as games go on
He’s gonna be a big factor come the playoffs.
He has had some great catches this season.

Big factor in the playoffs? Doubtful. He's come a long way this season, from a guy who I personally doubted would ever amount to anything in this offense. Right now he's a solid piece, which is good, but not more than that.

Everett on the other hand can force certain matchups with potential to get open quickly and make big plays. And he's not done developing either.

Neither of those dudes make this offense as good as Kupp. But it's pretty clear how things are trending now and that's not going to change in the playoffs. IMO the big story of the playoffs for this offense--if things go well for us--will be Everett.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nope, not fair.

They’re two different guys, two different players.

Reynolds is more of an X and Kupp is a slot...I know you know that
I am talking about the role of getting first downs on 3rd and long, not necessarily slot, X, etc...McVay attempted to use Reynolds as the go-to guy for that. Whether Goff became a suddenly bad passer or Reynolds ran routes that Goff couldn't predict, passes were off. Also, Kupp had awareness in situations where Goff was getting pressured, to come back for the ball, which Reynolds isn't doing so well. Other times, Reynolds doesn't have an awareness where the 1st down marker is. Robert Woods is starting to somewhat fill that role that Kupp had in becoming a reliable first down option when Goff is getting killed....But in 11 personnel, Reynolds, Woods, and Cooks is downgrade from Kupp, Woods, and Cooks, which is hard to deny.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Reynolds is a second year WR and 3rd round pick
I don’t know of a 2nd year Ram WR in History who has done better with his opportunities than Reynolds. Dude stepped up for Kupp
What’s with this “failure” tag
Was it that TD pass he missed vs the iggles? That was a blatant PI
Not understanding it at all
Reynolds’ development is spectacular - he’s been playing better than Everett who is just now catching on

I like Reynolds a lot

yeah, i worded it incorrectly because i like being frugal with words. the failure of the 11 personnel offense because reynolds is in there instead of kupp.

his development might be spectacular but his game right now is below average. so many wasted td and 1st down opportunities for the offense because he was sloppy in technique and wasn't aggressive in wanting to catch the ball. he's not good enough to be lackadaisical about catching the ball.

sure everett is still making mistakes but the offense looks better with him in there more often than trying to give reynolds a full time role.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Big factor in the playoffs? Doubtful. He's come a long way this season, from a guy who I personally doubted would ever amount to anything in this offense. Right now he's a solid piece, which is good, but not more than that.

Everett on the other hand can force certain matchups with potential to get open quickly and make big plays. And he's not done developing either.

Neither of those dudes make this offense as good as Kupp. But it's pretty clear how things are trending now and that's not going to change in the playoffs. IMO the big story of the playoffs for this offense--if things go well for us--will be Everett.

Kupp is out. Wishing he was back only hurts my brain

But you’re right - neither is as good obviously

I agree on Everett - especially needed now that Kupp is gonna miss his second playoffs for us in a row - we gotta move beyond wishing Kupp wasn’t so injury-prone.

And Reynolds is turning out to be a solid piece is absolutely true - he’s a great backup for all 3 WR spots - and that’s the job he’s doing now. I really believe McVay has big things in mind for him. Just look at Reynolds’ increasing targets and you can see the confidence the staff has in him.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
If you look at the last 2 road games against the Bears and cards, our defense only gave up 22 points. And the 2 tds were off trick plays never seen in the league before. A play where 3 bears defensive players were in the backfield and the pass went to the tackle, and Fitzgerald s first career td pass. Not bad for any road team.

I watched the eagles game again and it didn't look horrific as it did the first time. We were up at halftime, and if Goff connected with Everett, on what collinsworth called a gimmie, then we are playing for a FG on the last drive against a highly motivated world champ team.

I see the rams beating the niners easily this weekend, without Gurley, and then bitch slapping which ever team comes to L.A. with our main man Todd

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree on Everett - especially needed now that Kupp is gonna miss his second playoffs for us in a row - we gotta move beyond wishing Kupp wasn’t so injury-prone.

Kupp played in the play-off game. He caught a td pass. Him and woods were the only receivers that showed up that game. Watkins and higbee :rant:.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I am talking about the role of getting first downs on 3rd and long, not necessarily slot, X, etc...McVay attempted to use Reynolds as the go-to guy for that

Not as sure of that.

Reynolds is running the X routes not the shallow crossers like Kupp did from the slot.

Seems like Woods runs more of the crossers.

Now, should the X routes be the ball control, move the chains “go to”?
Maybe not.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If you look at the last 2 road games against the Bears and cards, our defense only gave up 22 points. And the 2 tds were off trick plays never seen in the league before. A play where 3 bears defensive players were in the backfield and the pass went to the tackle, and Fitzgerald s first career td pass. Not bad for any road team.

Valid point wolf. It's funny how many of us have been going on about how important the defense down the stretch and into the playoffs is, and here they've been playing pretty well and yet that's been overlooked for the most part due to the offense's struggles.

So yeah them closing out the season with a strong game vs a very well orchestrated 9er offense would be great.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not as sure of that.

Reynolds is running the X routes not the shallow crossers like Kupp did from the slot.

Seems like Woods runs more of the crossers.

Now, should the X routes be the ball control, move the chains “go to”?
Maybe not.

Now think of all those misses Reynolds had and think what the result would have been if woods was catching them.

Liberator

Pro Bowler
American sports media is all narrative driven. It's (rarely) what they really believe it's the story they chase.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Reynolds is a second year WR and 3rd round pick
I don’t know of a 2nd year Ram WR in History who has done better with his opportunities than Reynolds. Dude stepped up for Kupp
What’s with this “failure” tag
Was it that TD pass he missed vs the iggles? That was a blatant PI
Not understanding it at all
Reynolds’ development is spectacular - he’s been playing better than Everett who is just now catching on

I like Reynolds a lot
So, funny story... Kupp is a second year third round Rams WR.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Kupp played in the play-off game. He caught a td pass. Him and woods were the only receivers that showed up that game. Watkins and higbee :rant:.

Even Kupp dropped a couple. The only receiver that could be counted on was Woods. I felt like the receivers were completely unprepared for the ramped up physicality of the playoff game. Goff came out slow, which wasn't helped by the 2 quick turn overs, but he started to dial in. Problem was the receivers never did. They got knocked off their game. If the Rams learned anything from that game, It should be to come prepared to play through and dish out the physicality and intenseness of Playoff football.