Radway cut

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
from stlramz
ST. LOUIS – The St. Louis Rams waived 11 players Monday, the team announced.

The list includes: K/P Brett Baer, WR Demetrius Fields, WR Andrew Helmick, LS Jorgen Hus, QB Tim Jenkins, DT Al Lapuaho, LB Joseph Lebeau, TE Colby Prince, WR Raymond Radway and CB Robert Steeples. In addition, OL Graham Pocic was waived/injured.t

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
albe got you by about 17 minutes.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
DR RAM said:
albe got you by about 17 minutes.

Yeah. Missed that.

Glad Radway is cut. He's a stiff.

Speeps

Starter
This may signal us keeping only 5 WR's on the game day roster, unless they really like Nick Johnson, which is a possibility. Wasn't Johnson on our practice roster last season? He drops to many catch-able balls for my liking.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Neither one of them were targeted in the Bronco game but Veltung had a very nice punt return of 13 yards.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Yeah, I'm starting to think Cook is the "6th WR". We might be keeping more TE's than expected.

Unless, Veltung steals a spot. He seems like the only one left? I don't think Nick Johnson has done enough.

F. Mulder

Starter
If you read between the lines of Jim Thomas' chats, he seems to like Johnson. That may be his personal opinion or he may have heard some inside stuff. Personally, I like Veltung. To me he is the perfect "6th" Wr in that he offers skills very different than the other five. I think WRs like Johnson are a dime a dozen.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
F. Mulder said:
If you read between the lines of Jim Thomas' chats, he seems to like Johnson. That may be his personal opinion or he may have heard some inside stuff. Personally, I like Veltung. To me he is the perfect "6th" Wr in that he offers skills very different than the other five. I think WRs like Johnson are a dime a dozen.

I've interpreted the same with Jim Thomas. According to him; the Rams like Nick Johnson.

At this point; I'd rather keep Veltung if we go with 6. And... I think we should... but I think we might go 5.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
albefree69 said:
Neither one of them were targeted in the Bronco game but Veltung had a very nice punt return of 13 yards.

So you're saying you like him better than our other PR guy? :zomg1: :eloco:

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Thordaddy putting all his eggs in one basket:

And if Tavon get injured who steps in?

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
albefree69 said:
Thordaddy putting all his eggs in one basket:

And if Tavon get injured who steps in?
SUMBUDDY GOOD ENUFF TA MAKE THE TEAM

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Thordaddy thinking Veltung isn't one of our top 53:

If he makes the team then ipso facto that would be him wouldn't it? :lol:

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
albefree69 said:
Thordaddy thinking Veltung isn't one of our top 53:

If he makes the team then ipso facto that would be him wouldn't it? :lol:

Not a lock it would be, even had he made the team he might be the third guy, but he wasn't good enough at anything nor in combination so facto certitudous Fisher has a guy he regards as the suitable backup PR if in deed it is only one might be two or three.
What you saw in Veltung was a nice lil return but face it , Denver was pretty bad on special teams Sat.

NO KO return yards :boing:
A blocked FG
Allowed about 150 yards in PR
If they hadn't blocked a punt the ST coach could be flipping burgers.

Whadaya think about our coach letting that kid KO, FG AND PUNT, think he wasn't letting the kid try to catch on somewhere else?

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Thordaddy teaching me a new language:
Not a lock it would be, even had he made the team he might be the third guy, but he wasn't good enough at anything nor in combination so facto certitudous Fisher has a guy he regards as the suitable backup PR if in deed it is only one might be two or three.
Possibly but who else have they been trying out? CoachO or Jim would know but I think that being a return man was one of Veltung's strong points. If he makes the team I think it will be, in large part, because of that ability.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
albefree69 said:
Possibly but who else have they been trying out? CoachO or Jim would know but I think that being a return man was one of Veltung's strong points. If he makes the team I think it will be, in large part, because of that ability.
Got to be him or Johnson, if we keep 6. Johnson had a couple PR's this preseason. One was a 9 yarder that I remember.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
albefree69 said:
See I think that's the whole picture, who has been doing it in practice the most?

Don't misinterpret ,my main point was to give you something to prattle about,I liked what I saw in Veltung as well, and I don't think Tavon will be our PR guy on all punts anyway,he's gonna get a lot of reps on offense as well and I think the second string PR guy may get some action just to have TA fresher.

I'd like to see Bailey get some looks at PR ,when you need a guy your sure will field it clean I think there'd be few better.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I thought the whole Radway as a WR kind of comical. No way he ever makes it this league with his hands.
What I did like about him was how he returned kicks, he caught the ball and ran as fast as he could up the field. That's how it should be done, no dancing around crap just grab and go.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Yamahopper added:
I thought the whole Radway as a WR kind of comical. No way he ever makes it this league with his hands.
What I did like about him was how he returned kicks, he caught the ball and ran as fast as he could up the field. That's how it should be done, no dancing around crap just grab and go.

Yeah but we all liked his measureables. It would sure be nice to have a WR as tall and as fast as he was. Especially in the red zone. With Radway and Cook on the field everyone would be looking up and Tavon would be invisible. :lol: