Quick...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

diggity

Rookie
Has anyone heard anything on if Sunday was his "in" game? Are the RAMS finally going to use him as a receiver or continue to treat him with Kid gloves for a play or two here and there.
Has all the tools, and he should be used a lot more than this very limited play. If he's not "getting" the O, he's got to be told to get off his butt. The RAMS need him. Doesn't have to light it up, but...he can sure help if he gets it together.
GO RAMS!!!!!!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I think I remember reading that he was only in for 7 plays on Sunday.

It wouldn't be wise to play him ahead of someone who he hasn't beat-out yet. The players who are going to give us the best chance to win need to be in the game.

I understand the want to get him playing time,,, but it can't be at the expense of the team. The WR position in the NFL is one that almost always takes multiple years to fully develop ... if there was a way to speed up the process , it would have already been employed. I wish there was a shortcut too.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Agree with Selassie. If he can't win the job in practice, he should be kept limited. Loved what we saw on that td though. Talk about beating press coverage, haha. He abused the db, then used his size/strength to get into the EZ. Hope that is a glimpse of what is to come. Its gotta be good for his confidence at the very least.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
I am not a Gibson hater, but I only remember him standing out in three plays Sunday and two of them were bad. I think it's time to make a conscious effort to get Quick more touches.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I agree he should have to beat out everyone else. He's already more productive than Steve Smith though.

And that play was a thing of beauty.

The DB tried cutting off the inside route and came up for the jam and met the most dominant stiff arm he's ever met lol.

That play was all Quick. He has moments when you're facepalming, then he shows flashes of what Fish sees in him.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
SaneRamsFan said:
I am not a Gibson hater, but I only remember him standing out in three plays Sunday and two of them were bad. I think it's time to make a conscious effort to get Quick more touches.

I guess I am what you would call a Gibby apologist. Still, I think it might be time to switch rolls between BQuick and Gibby. Bring Gibby in for those 7 plays and have BQ take more of a share. I still think Gibby is better at this point but I can see BQ passing him up pretty.... wait for it.... QUICKLY! Ha! I crack me up... Get it? Quickly? Man! I need more coffee or something. Gonna be a long day if that is my excuse for humor. :shock:

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
Yea I'm not bashing Gibson-he's a good guy and worked hard and has talent, but still I have maintained for a long time if he is one of our starters (and to me that means the coaches think the best we have) than both our wr core and our offense has a problem. Gibson #3or #4 receiver. It takes time to develope wr and Quick was at a disadvantage small school no coaching-but it's hard as hell as a fan to be patient. Glad the coaches do a better job at that than me!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
SaneRamsFan said:
Yea I'm not bashing Gibson-he's a good guy and worked hard and has talent, but still I have maintained for a long time if he is one of our starters (and to me that means the coaches think the best we have) than both our wr core and our offense has a problem. Gibson #3or #4 receiver. It takes time to develope wr and Quick was at a disadvantage small school no coaching-but it's hard as hell as a fan to be patient. Glad the coaches do a better job at that than me!

Yep. I like Gibby. But as our #1? Not good.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
For what it's worth Fisher said that Quick should have played more vs the 49ers. IMO he has finally broken into the rotation.

His role will likely continue to be small, but will grow throughout the remander of the season.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
That one fantastic play gives me more comfort that he can be THE guy we've been waiting for...but you have to temper that, it is only ONE play.

Gibson should not be an every week starter. But he DOES have value. The notion many people at Ram Stalk state that Gibson wouldn't make another NFL team is horse-hockey. He is a perfect rotational or depth guy. He's the type of WR that is good for 3rd down. He isn't a big YAC guy but he can get where you need him and make a grab.

Assuming Quick develops...Quick and Amendola can be the starters in 2 WR sets...Amendola shifting to the slot on 3 WR sets with Givens coming in on the outside. I could take or leave Pettis. Sometimes he looks like the same kind of player as Gibson to me, sometimes he just looks like mediocrity. I think Pettis is worth hanging on to unless you have a definite better prospect. Steve Smith has greatly disappointed me. I don't see how he could be back next season. It sure wouldn't surprise me to see the Rams try and find another YAC receiver in the draft somewhere...perhaps someone that can play the slot as well as the outside, with speed.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
A dozen snaps for Quick would make me happy at this point. I like all our WRs now except as stated, Smith hasn't make an impact on the field. Maybe he has helped on the practice field and in the locker room though. I'd look for the Rams to draft a WR in the middle rounds next year to try and replace Smith. Amendola can be the locker room guy!