Quick

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Did anyone see where it looked like B-Quick was lobbying the coaches to put him in? Good to see from the rookie and a nice catch today. I'm going to bet that we start seeing more of him. He looks like a beast.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Agree, He has a physic beyond most receivers...He is a big dude....They really do need to find his niche in plays and utilize him more often....

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Yes, eager to see him more involved. I think you can see it Thursday night. :wewt:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think he's going to make some plays - and soon.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'd like to see a lot more of him, but I don't think he's going to light it up this year. Evidently he was the least ready for NFL receiver taken in the first few rounds. Maybe even in the draft. He was drafted solely on potential, and he has a ton of it. That's kinda why I think he'll just be in here or there for a few plays for the next several games.

I'm not gonna list the reason why he'd be pushed into a starting role either.

And all that said, all he has to do is show more than Gibson. Gibson, love him or hate him, is the freaking bar all other receivers have to hurdle before they can start and he won't go away quietly. Gibby was primed to have a good game until he had a mental lapse early in the game. Supposed to cut and kept on going. I'd love to find out if that was an option-read play both he and Bradford had to diagnose at the same time, or if he just flat out ran the wrong route.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Yeah I think after the bye he will be getting enough time to get a good idea of the potential he does have. I expect Givens to step it up in a big way after the bye too.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I bet that we're going to be seeing a lot more of Quick as he learns more and more of the playbook. It's going to take a while for him to learn the gameplan because he's so raw; you could even make a case that he's not even scratching the surface of what he can do, seeing as he didn't have a position coach in college. When Ray Sherman coaches him up like he did with Miles Austin...look out.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Memento said:
I bet that we're going to be seeing a lot more of Quick as he learns more and more of the playbook. It's going to take a while for him to learn the gameplan because he's so raw; you could even make a case that he's not even scratching the surface of what he can do, seeing as he didn't have a position coach in college. When Ray Sherman coaches him up like he did with Miles Austin...look out.
I pretty much totally agree here. That catch he made on a slant pattern, was a perfect example of what someone with his size, body control, and speed could do. In a year or two he'll be in the slot on a play where the opposing D tries to blitz, he'll do a quick slant and take it 80 yards (just like TO used to do).

The one thing that Quick could bring immediately (I'm guessing here because of his size) is blocking ability. I know the Rams don't want to telegraph that it's a run every time, but I would think he'd be a better blocker than any other WR we have. For a team that wants to establish the run first, that's a pretty good asset.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

happy for the rams to bring him up as slowly as they feel necessary. we can all see what kind of a monster he has the potential to be.

i'm loving givens. he's inching ever closer to that 60+ yard td catch. i thought he had it today when bradford hit him in stride. surprised the db managed to pull him down.

i'm guessing givens finally gets his td this thursday night. a rookie qb abused the card's secondary in their house. givens should easily be wide open for a couple of strikes.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
kurtfaulk said:

happy for the rams to bring him up as slowly as they feel necessary. we can all see what kind of a monster he has the potential to be.

i'm loving givens. he's inching ever closer to that 60+ yard td catch. i thought he had it today when bradford hit him in stride. surprised the db managed to pull him down.

i'm guessing givens finally gets his td this thursday night. a rookie qb abused the card's secondary in their house. givens should easily be wide open for a couple of strikes.

Im happy to see Givens becoming a more involved in our offense. He has a skill set that no one else on this squad does.

Also, IDK if its just because Im rooting for him to succeed, but I thought BQ flashed a bit yesterday in the litte action he saw. He looked, to me, like a physically superior WR.

I havent seen anyone mention Bradfords throw on the 53 yard pass to Givens. Wow. That was a great throw. It could not have been thrown better and it was 45 yards down field. Bradford didnt have his A game yesterday, but that throw was impeccable.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
libertadrocks said:
kurtfaulk said:

Im happy to see Givens becoming a more involved in our offense. He has a skill set that no one else on this squad does.

Also, IDK if its just because Im rooting for him to succeed, but I thought BQ flashed a bit yesterday in the litte action he saw. He looked, to me, like a physically superior WR.

I havent seen anyone mention Bradfords throw on the 53 yard pass to Givens. Wow. That was a great throw. It could not have been thrown better and it was 45 yards down field. Bradford didnt have his A game yesterday, but that throw was impeccable.
Just an inch away from another big gainer to Givens too. That's a pro bowl secondary though, so all things considered, it could have been worse. 3 big plays over 20 yards if I'm not mistaken.

Sent via Tapatalk2.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
X said:
libertadrocks said:
kurtfaulk said:

Just an inch away from another big gainer to Givens too. That's a pro bowl secondary though, so all things considered, it could have been worse. 3 big plays over 20 yards if I'm not mistaken.

Sent via Tapatalk2.

Something like that, and I don't think our D let them have any plays over 20 yds. Pretty impressive.