Quick needs to be on the field 90% of the time

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

lockdnram21

Legend
Quick needs to be on the field most of the time. he needs to get the reps so he can get the mental mistakes and drops out his system before next season. i honestly fill they should have went to him more today. seems like he gets open so easily. hes almost there i can feel it

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
They're using him more, so that means he's grasping it better. Good sign.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
THANK YOU!

I was thinking of starting a similar thread.

The stats for today are not in yet... but 24 snaps against Seattle? Come on man! Why did we spend the 33rd pick on this guy if we are not going to play him?

Today; in limited targets, he delivered.

Time to stop this silly WR rotation and scheme to the players. You hear me Fisher?

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
He's a strange case. He gets open sometimes and other times he looks like he runs a 4.7...not sure if its a confidence thing or if his number isn't called then he's not at 100% effort.

Seems like he plays faster when he's the primary receiver.

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
THANK YOU!

I was thinking of starting a similar thread.

The stats for today are not in yet... but 24 snaps against Seattle? Come on man! Why did we spend the 33rd pick on this guy if we are not going to play him?

i think the reason his reps got cut last week was because of the td drop vs panthers.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
i think the reason his reps got cut last week was because of the td drop vs panthers.

Maybe, but he's never been a starter and given a game's worth of reps.

Obviously they don't think he's ready, but damn.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
There has many instances this season where Quick momentarily made me want to drown kittens...

On the other hand, how long did it take Dez and VJ to break out? Hmmm... I don't know anymore. Clemons playing so amazingly well makes things easy to judge.

I guess next year will be telling. Sad w can't get the answers this year...

Last edited by a moderator:

jjab360

Legend
There has many instances this season where Quick momentarily made me want to drown kittens...

On the other hand, how long did it take Dez and VJ to break out? Hmmm... I don't know anymore. Clemens playing so amazingly well makes things easy to judge.
Dez and VJ didn't get much PT, but had flashes of dominance from the very beginning. Quick has way more negative flashes than positive ones.

I don't see him becoming anything.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Dez and VJ didn't get much PT, but had flashes of dominance from the very beginning. Quick has way more negative flashes than positive ones.

Man I hope you're wrong lol.

It's easy to see if a guy has the physical tools, but the player's football IQ is what seperates him. I honestly dont think Quick really "gets it." Cook gets it but has football ADHD...

lockdnram21

Legend

i disagree last year he didnt really get a chance to play. this season when hes played he made plays. hes had a couple key drops and mental errors but hes still probaly our best receiver. i know thats not saying much. but he gets open so easy. be patient hes coming around

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

VJ was not good early. I was talking to a Chargers fan about that recently(discussion had nothing to do with Quick though). VJ dropped passes left and right and was a terrible route runner coming out. It took time for him to develop.

jjab360

Legend
i disagree last year he didnt really get a chance to play. this season when hes played he made plays. hes had a couple key drops and mental errors but hes still probaly our best receiver. i know thats not saying much. but he gets open so easy. be patient hes coming around
I'm plenty patient but he just doesn't have any physicality to his game, which is the main reason you draft a big receiver. He gets outmuscled for the ball, pushed around on his route, and doesn't break tackles. Add in the drops and mental errors and I just don't see it.

I hope I'm wrong too, for the record.

lockdnram21

Legend

i favor Quick because he gets open the easiest.he should take Cook reps

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I agree, We need to know if he can be consistently productive. Quick is the only wideout on our roster that can play in the mold of todays big physical speedy receivers.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
They're using him more, so that means he's grasping it better. Good sign.
I know he still has his ups and downs, but I really think Quick is starting to get it. I said it last year, and I'll say it again this year. Because he was so inexperienced coming out of college, I took his rookie year really to be a redshirt year and this season to be like his rookie year. I think next year he blows up. Everyone talks about how hard he works, with his athletic ability I think he will become a very good WR, starting next year.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I haven't given up on Quick by any means, but I wouldn't put many eggs in his basket. I would still draft a WR high next year if there's a great one available. The Rams still need playmakers on offense. And playmaking WRs go early and often.

Even if Quick becomes like VJackson, how great would it be to have a guy like Watkins on the other side and Austin in the slot? That would be a big time receiving corps.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
I agree Max. But I don't think we should reach for another Quick-like WR with a lot of unproven ability. Also, that Stedman Bailey catch and drive was pretty impressive. He could be an upgraded Pettis, a clutch 3rd down guy.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Has Chris Givens been earning his reps?

If we don't have enough reps to go around... I'm suggesting Quick could steal some from Givens.