Quick Day 3 of Free Agency Mock ... 3 Trades

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Trade Tru Johnson and our #141 draft (4'th rd) pick for Cleveland's # 33 (2'nd round) & the rights to Josh Johnson
Trade down our # 37 pick (2'nd round) for Houston's # 57 (2'nd round & # 89 (3'rd rd)
Trade both our 6'th round picks for New Englands #163 (5'th)

Following TruJo trade, Rams have approx. $33.mil in CAP minus $5.mil to sign rookie class = $28.mil. available

5 free agents :

OLB - Lorenzo Alexander & Connor Barwin
CB - Morris Claiborne
C - Nick Mangold
K - Re-sign Zuerlein

Cut :

Westbrooks

Draft :

1) N/A
2a) From Cleveland - CB - Gareon Conley, OhSt.
2b) DE - Tanoh Kapassagnon, Vil
3a) TE - Jake Butt, Mi.
3b) From Houston - C - Pat Elflein, OhSt.
4a) CB - Cordrea Tankersley, Clem
4b) traded to Cleveland
5a) OLB - Garrett Sickels, PennSt.
5b) From New England - DT/NT - Dalvin Tomlinson, Ala.
6a) Traded to New England
6b) From Miami (Hayes) - Traded to New England
7a) Traded to Miami (Hayes)
7b) DE - Darius English, S.Car.

Offense :

OL (25) :

LT - Whitworth, D.Williams, Saffold, GRob
LG - Saffold, Brown, Wichmann
C - Mangold, Elflein, Wichmann
RG - Robinson, Brown
RT - Havenstein, Donnal

RB's :

Gurley, M.Brown, Green

TE's :

Higbee, Harkey, Hemmingway, Butt

WR's :

Gordon, Woods, Austin, Cooper, Spruce, Thomas

QB's :

Goff, Mannion

Defense (25) :

DL :

Donald, Brockers, Easley, Kpassagnon, English (Fox)

OLB'ers :

Quinn, Alexander, Barwin, Sickels (Fox)

ILB'ers :

Ogletree, Forrest, Hager, Grigsby, Fox (Barron)

CB's :

Claiborne, Conley, Tankersley, Gaines, Joyner, Jordon

SS :

Barron, Randolph (Alexander)

FS :

Alexander, Jenkins, Davis (Joyner)

Special Teams (3) :

P - Hekker
K - Zuerlein
LS - McQuaide

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Usually not a fan of trades, however, I do believe TruJo will be dealt so WTH? Not a fan of Morris Claiborne to me seemed to get beat quite often and I guess it is time for me to pipe in about Ohio State Center Pat Elflein...I watched his whole career at Ohio State and I'm a tad concerned about his quickness at the next level. He does not have great feet, but his work ethic is second to none and he's great in the locker room too plus great in the run game.

I like Jon Toth better, but with Pat Elflein, he's a plug and play day one he's so good at times you forget he's even there until there is a big run play.and IMHO, this breakdown is the best of Elflein.

And BTW you need to add a WR to your draft IMHO.

BOTTOM LINE
Elflein is a smart, tireless worker with a winning background and experience at all three interior offensive line spots. While his feet are just average, his core strength and wrestling background could make him a favorite of teams looking for more strength at the center position. Elflein will have occasional issues in pass protection, but his strength as a run blocker and ability to play with excellent hands and plus body control should make him one of the first interior linemen to come off the draft board.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/pat-elflein?id=2557879
PElflein.jpg

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I probably should have included that I only really want Mangold on a 1 year contract. If Groy is picked up, we may be able to do without a drafted Center altogether. Wichmann or possibly even Brown may just get the cross-training necessary to keep the back-up in house.
I figured Gordon & Woods would be adequate enough along with our young guys from last year, but if Center is removed from the draft - insert WR.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I probably should have included that I only really want Mangold on a 1 year contract. If Groy is picked up, we may be able to do without a drafted Center altogether. Wichmann or possibly even Brown may just get the cross-training necessary to keep the back-up in house.
I figured Gordon & Woods would be adequate enough along with our young guys from last year, but if Center is removed from the draft - insert WR.

Gordon isn't even eligible to play yet. What happens if he gets suspended again?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Gordon isn't even eligible to play yet. What happens if he gets suspended again?

What do you mean, ... again ?

Just add a performance clause that they lose a 4'th the following year if Gordon falls apart in 2017.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What do you mean, ... again ?

We all know about Gordon's history of suspensions. He hasn't played a regular season game in years. What happens if he gets suspended again? You're not drafting a WR because you're counting on Gordon. How do you square that with his inability to actually get on the field? IMO, it's like not drafting an OL because you believe Rodger Saffold will stay healthy for all 16 games.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
We all know about Gordon's history of suspensions. He hasn't played a regular season game in years. What happens if he gets suspended again? You're not drafting a WR because you're counting on Gordon. How do you square that with his inability to actually get on the field? IMO, it's like not drafting an OL because you believe Rodger Saffold will stay healthy for all 16 games.
Look above, guess I edited my post before you had a chance to read it.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Look above, guess I edited my post before you had a chance to read it.

That doesn't help us. You are not adding any other WR except Gordon. What do we do at WR if he gets suspended again? Would you be content with the WR corp that we currently have sans Gordon?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
That doesn't help us. You are not adding any other WR except Gordon. What do we do at WR if he gets suspended again? Would you be content with the WR corp that we currently have sans Gordon?

LOL, OK, preparing for catastrophe already. Look 3 posts down from the OP, you will see my answer to @den-the-coach. If Groy is signed, and I believe there is a better than even chance on that, we don't draft a Center and that slot opens up for a WR. After posting this mock, free agent OLB Lorenzo Alexander was signed to another team, so that's another gap which needs addressing.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
LOL, OK, preparing for catastrophe already. Look 3 posts down from the OP, you will see my answer to @den-the-coach. If Groy is signed, and I believe there is a better than even chance on that, we don't draft a Center and that slot opens up for a WR. After posting this mock, free agent OLB Lorenzo Alexander was signed to another team, so that's another gap which needs addressing.

Yea. I am absolutely preparing for catastrophe considering Gordon's total inability to stay on the field. Do you not remember us having this same debate last year?

The point I'm making is that we shouldn't treat Gordon as a lock to play. He's far from that. The guy might play again in the NFL, but he also might not.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yea. I am absolutely preparing for catastrophe considering Gordon's total inability to stay on the field. Do you not remember us having this same debate last year?

The point I'm making is that we shouldn't treat Gordon as a lock to play. He's far from that. The guy might play again in the NFL, but he also might not.
Whoever takes the flyer on Gordon needs to almost expect he will slip up.