Quick 3 Round Mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memphis Ram

Legend
DAY ONE

1) Todd Gurley, RB, Georiga
Todd-Gurley.jpg

DAY TWO

2) Rams trade this selection to the Raiders for QB Derek Carr
(after the Raiders use the #1 overall selection on either Winston or Mariota.)
espnapi_dm_140901_nfl_raiders_carr_wmain.jpg

3) Tre’ Jackson, G, Florida State
6_648407.JPG

Quick Thoughts:
- Stacy is decent. Mason is good. Gurley could be special. This team needs more special players and Gurley could very well be the BPA at the Rams selection. Stacy and/or Cunningham can be dealt.

- There is no doubt that the Raiders are going to clean house this off-season. And new GMs/HC typically want there guy at QB. Carr is going to really have to shine for them to stick with him.

- Sam Bradford stays on a restructured contract and competes with Carr for the starting gig.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I like the Carr trade.

Not seeing a need to even think RB, particularly early. We are deep and solid at this position, and... Mason might even be special.

Athos

Legend
Gurley / Mason would be a ridiculous run tandem.

Not convinced OAK doesn't like Carr. They may end up trading down and doing their best to surround him with actual talent.

Their O-Line is mediocre.
Their RBs are abysmal. (559 total rushing yards and 2 TDs. Holy fuck, now that I'm looking at it, that's scary bad. And their best WR is 30 year old James Jones. Not elite).

I can almost guarantee OAK isn't drafting a QB with all those horrible parts. I actually see them drafting Gurley, Cooper, Gordon, White, Strong, or a stud O-Line like Peat.

Memphis Ram

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I like the Carr trade.

Not seeing a need to even think RB, particularly early. We are deep and solid at this position, and... Mason might even be special.

Rams don't need a RB anymore than they needed at DT (Donald) last year. IMO, they are better off going with the special talent than a mere hole filler.

Gurley / Mason would be a ridiculous run tandem.

Not convinced OAK doesn't like Carr. They may end up trading down and doing their best to surround him with actual talent.

Their O-Line is mediocre.
Their RBs are abysmal. (559 total rushing yards and 2 TDs. Holy freak, now that I'm looking at it, that's scary bad. And their best WR is 30 year old James Jones. Not elite).

I can almost guarantee OAK isn't drafting a QB with all those horrible parts. I actually see them drafting Gurley, Cooper, Gordon, White, Strong, or a stud O-Line like Peat.

I'm not convinced that the opinions of the current GM or coach will mean anything on draft day as I expect that both will be elsewhere. Here, I'm guessing that we will be looking at another personnel guy selecting a Cam Newton just one year after his team used a 2nd rounder on Jimmy Clausen.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I would absolutely trade our second pick for Carr.

Gurley is interesting. I'm on their fence.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams don't need a RB anymore than they needed at DT (Donald) last year. IMO, they are better off going with the special talent than a mere hole filler.

Can't disagree with that logic.

However, not a fan of the Tre Jackson pick. He's been ineffective this year.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
Not that I wouldn't love to see Derek Carr in horns, but If I'm Oakland I'm hoping somebody falls head over heels in love with one of the QBs and wants to come up and get him.

They've already got a good young QB, they need to put pieces around him instead of starting over.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Not that I wouldn't love to see Derek Carr in horns, but If I'm Oakland I'm hoping somebody falls head over heels in love with one of the QBs and wants to come up and get him.

They've already got a good young QB, they need to put pieces around him instead of starting over.

As much as I would be thrilled to see the Rams get Carr I just don't think the Raiders will be trading him (A Bird in the Hand is Worth Two in the Bush!) and even if they do I don't think they would settle for a 2nd round pick unless there were some extra players and/or picks added to this trade.

Memphis Ram

Legend

A good young QB is nice. But, if one believes that Winston or Mariota can be a great young QB, you go with that guy. Of course, I'm one who would have taken Luck and dealt Bradford had the opportunity arisen a few years back.

Anyway, minus the trade here's my 2nd rounder:

Denzel Perryman, LB, Miami
Denzel-Perryman.jpeg

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
A good young QB is nice. But, if one believes that Winston or Mariota can be a great young QB, you go with that guy. Of course, I'm one who would have taken Luck and dealt Bradford had the opportunity arisen a few years back.

I think that Carr will eventually be an upper echelon QB, and I don't know that I'd take Winston or Mariota instead of him at this point.
A beefed up line and a playmaker like Todd Gurley or Amari Cooper (after a trade down from no.1 overall) will put him even further along that much faster.

Can you imagine if the Rams had ended up with Luck?
He's been so good that he probably could have even overcome Schottenheimer and still been an ascending star.

fearsomefour

Legend
I like the second and third parts of that scenario. Doubt Oakland parts with Carr but it is fun to speculate. Unless something changes I would like to go LB with that 1st round pick.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I think that Carr will eventually be an upper echelon QB, and I don't know that I'd take Winston or Mariota instead of him at this point.
A beefed up line and a playmaker like Todd Gurley or Amari Cooper (after a trade down from no.1 overall) will put him even further along that much faster.

Can you imagine if the Rams had ended up with Luck?
He's been so good that he probably could have even overcome Schottenheimer and still been an ascending star.

I'm going to watch a few of his games on NFL Rewind, but you seem to have a much higher opinion of Carr than some the Raiders fans I've read discuss him on message boards.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
I'm going to watch a few of his games on NFL Rewind, but you seem to have a much higher opinion of Carr than some the Raiders fans I've read discuss him on message boards.

Keep in mind that Raiders fans are coming from a place of extreme bitterness stemming from being Raiders fans.

The Raiders have a lot of things that are working against them winning, I don't believe that Derek Carr is one of them.

That being said, it is just my opinion.

radjohns

UDFA
Before Saturday I was on board with Gurley in the first, but the knee injury changed that. If they lose Barksdale to FA, I'm all for a RT if one is worthy of being picked at that point.