Questions about todays game...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I was stuck at work fixing other people's problems and I missed the whole thing. I'm curious about some things I haven't been able to pick up from other threads.

First, was Quinn still quiet, was Bailey and or Tavon involved?

Also, was G. Williams Defense looking any better?
Oh yeah, is holding the Rams pass rushers still a non penalty?

Thanks for the info!

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Quinn had a few moments actually. He got quite a bit of pressure, nothing amazing or anything but he beat Jason Peters a few times and got hurries in. And he had a big TFL in the run game. Wasn't a huge day but he wasn't shut out.

Bailey and Tavon were involved. Tavon had a big catch and run for a 1st down on one of the later drives that helped us almost comeback. Don't remember if Bailey caught a pass or not, but he was targeted at one point on a deep pass that he had a chance to catch.

Defense looked better today in my opinion, but still bad. Needs a lot of improvement.

Yes, holding is still a non penalty. They tackled Quinn a few times.

It's been a few hours since the game, so I might be wrong on some things and details are getting fuzzier as the minutes go by, but this is what I remember and for the most part it should be right.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Yeah. Quinn was active there was pressure, but Rams cannot seal the deal and get the QB on his butt.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks fellas!

I'll take all the information I can get!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Bailey caught at least one pass. Was targeted a few times as well.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah. Quinn was active there was pressure, but Rams cannot seal the deal and get the QB on his butt.
I could be wrong, but it appears to me that opposing OC's are really gameplanning for our pass rush by getting the ball out quicker, using more motion, moving the pocket, running more, and leaving guys in to block. Much more than last year, IMO.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I could be wrong, but it appears to me that opposing OC's are really gameplanning for our pass rush by getting the ball out quicker, using more motion, moving the pocket, running more, and leaving guys in to block. Much more than last year, IMO.
Youre wrong

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Youre wrong
I know in the MINN game, they had the ball out real quick all game, and used a lot of misdirection.
Tampa kept a bunch of guys in to block for most of the game.
Dallas? I don't think they did anything special, but they have a good O-line.
This game it looked like the run game set up the play-action because it was successful.

That doesn't cover a multitude of sins, however. Because we still should have at least a half-dozen sacks by now. You have to wonder how much Chris Long being out hurts this team. Not that he was a sack master or anything, but he certainly had to be accounted for.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know in the MINN game, they had the ball out real quick all game, and used a lot of misdirection.
This game it looked like the run game set up the play-action because it was successful.

That doesn't cover a multitude of sins, however. Because we still should have at least a half-dozen sacks by now. You have to wonder how much Chris Long being out hurts this team. Not that he was a sack master or anything, but he certainly had to be accounted for.
I completely agree. was just messing with you lol

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

Having Chris Long out definitely hurts, because he made a lot of noise that didn't show up in the stat sheet but did have adverse affect on the opposing team's offense.

Still, I don't think it should be this bad. William Hayes is a more than capable backup, he could start for a lot of teams in this league.

LooNaTik83

Question? Maybe a Chris Long is a vital aspect of this Rams defense.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I completely agree. was just messing with you lol
giphy.gif

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Also, how was J. Long, Barksdale and Saffold today?

I know Wells and Joseph struggled....

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Long did not have a good game. The first fumble was on him getting beat to the inside....then he had a chance to fall on the ball.....and failed miserably. The ball rolled away from him and Philly fell on it in the end zone. Barksdale was solid. He had some good plays and some that didn't work out. But I don't think he should be blamed for the outcome. Safford did alright.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug

I don't.
As in, "Anybody missing Chris Long yet?"
Wait until JL (aka, fan wise, Mr. Invisible,) gets hurt.

In the immortal words of Joni Mitchell - you don't know what you got till it's gone.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
The (18 year) generation gap strikes yet again
Plus not having kids. There was a time, (60's and 70's), when I was Mr. Music. Now, the last new band I remember was "Pearl Jam".
Kinda' sad, really.