Question about Safety

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Ok here is my question or something I thought about last night.

With the cuts at safety I'm wondering if they are going to bring back mikel. We have 3 healthy safety's and two injured ones one hasn't seen the field yet and the other one is allways hurt. I like stew but man he can't stay healthy. If we do bring back mikel how does that change the starting lineup and who plays what? Do we cut both injured safetys? Just a thought I had. Maybe I'm thinking to much.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I don't see it happening. Here's the latest news on him;

Free agent SS Quintin Mikell said he's been "receiving some calls."

Mikell, 33 next month, asked his agent "not to mention any team names until something is concrete." His market has been relatively quiet since being cut by the Rams in March. Mikell was reportedly talking with the Panthers last month. Nothing came of it. He's a strong blitzer and run defender, but can't cover. Aug 29 - 2:05 PM

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Good box safety, but that's not what a Fisher safety is limited to. He's gotta be more versatile than that, and as much as I love Mikell, he just doesn't fit the mold anymore.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Obviously I am thinking to much :boing: I like mikel too but hope he doesn't come back. I just don't get keeping two injured safety's. Fisher must have a plan unless they aren't as injured as we think.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Good God, I hope they don't. He didn't give up any touchdowns, but gave up more 3rd down conversions than any other safety in the NFL.

F. Mulder

Starter
Don't think any way QM comes back and think that out of the two current vet Safeties (Stewart and Giardano) at least one will be gone soon. I don't see two vets as backup Safeties on this team. One yes, but not two.

A55VA6

Legend
Stick with what we have. McLeod and McDonald are promising, Daniels has been mostly impressive, and a healthy Stewart isn't half bad.