QB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Neither Nix or Penix will drop to the second and third round. They probably will go in the top 10. IMO McCarthy will probably go somewhere in the top 15. I'd rather have Pratt than Rattler, because I think he's a better fit and has a lot of potential if he has the drive and work ethic to improve himself.
Zero chance they go in top 10. I'd bet it also.
I'm on the Milton bandwagon but not until after the first round.
Welllllll after the first round. Dude is about the most inaccurate QB in the draft.
Only QB I would take at 19 that should be there is Pennix. I think Pennix is going to be the QB prize of this draft as it is. Dont want anything to do with Nix or McCarthy, feel like backups not starters at the NFL.

Other option: Sign Wentz if the price is right.
Cheaper options: Mac Jones, hearing NE wants a 5th. Not a huge fan but smart and could be a good fit for a McVay style of offense. Arm strength could be a concern.
Zac Wilson: All the tools, could McVay get in his head?

Overall, QB would not be a focus for me at this point. Still think we have a 3 year window at this position. First option would be resigning Wentz though.
Big pass to Pennix in the 1st round and I'm a big fan of his. For one, he will be 24+ before the season even begins. We really don't need to have an older prospect sitting for several years behind Staff. 2nd, he has a pretty long injury history along with wonky mechanics. I'd certainly have to consider him in the 2nd however, but, in the 1st we need a day 1 contributing starter.

I like the Mac Jones idea. He was very promising as a rookie but the cheats never gave him any talent. Possibly the worst WR core in the league for a few years running with almost no weapons and a bad OL. Jones would certainly be better here and a capable back up that only costs a 5th. I'd be all over that.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I like Mac Jones as an idea but not sure how the contract looks/trade specs or if those are prohibitive.

Guy has talent, was put in a terrible situation. Does sound like he may also have some attitude issues but honestly, I think I'd lose my sh*t on Bilechuck myself.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
If you’re playing the Cheatriots, it doesn’t matter what play you call. They’ll be given a call in their favour anyway.

Wisconsinram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mike
They could draft a QB this year but I'd prefer a QB in the first round for talent and 5 years of control. This ain't the year to do that IMHO. They've said they want a "vet #2" and though they could easily draft a #3, why carry that many? Roster spots are valuable. And besides, we just signed casualty insurance for Stafford for 48 mil. Next year? Drew Allard? Riley Leonard? They're both big, 6'5" and both accurate. Two things McVay's #1's have in common. Stafford is under contract through 2026. We want to waste 3 years on a 4 or 5 year deal? Or 2 years on a 5 year deal?
Para, I always appreciate your posts. In this case, though, the Packers say "hello." There is nothing wrong with a high-level qb learning and watching for 3 years if you "hit on the pick." QB is easily the most important position in professional sports. This year's draft has as many high-end qb's that we've seen in over a decade. I am fully on board in McSnead choose to groom our future with a 1st or 2nd round QB in this draft that they believe it. Checks all the boxes....adequate back-up and someone they believe in for the future...with no pressure to perform right away. I think it's the right way to go about it.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Big pass to Pennix in the 1st round and I'm a big fan of his. For one, he will be 24+ before the season even begins. We really don't need to have an older prospect sitting for several years behind Staff. 2nd, he has a pretty long injury history along with wonky mechanics. I'd certainly have to consider him in the 2nd however, but, in the 1st we need a day 1 contributing starter.
I think age is overplayed with pocket QBs. Penix is a pocket QB. So the only real problem with the guy is his injuries. And potentially they're a big problem. But we don't get to see that stuff.

QBs who play in the pocket, though, just generally speaking, have the best chance to have a long career. Particularly the ones who have strong arms. Because some of the iffy ones flame out as their youth starts fading if they were already forcing the ball on the tougher throws.

Rams may see Penix as a 5th rounder. Who knows. But I don't think age will be a major factor in where they slot him because your projections will have him in the pocket and the question is medically whether he's sound there. Also a ton of other shit is more important like how well he chalkboards with the Rams, I think they have very high standards on the mental side of things. But all that aside if he's cleared medically I can't imagine him being on the board long, regardless of the fact some teams will love him and others won't.