QB Salaries: Does elite QB salary ultimately hurt the team?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
So, I saw this article on foxsports;

<a class="postlink" href="http://msn.foxsports.com/lacesout/infographic-aaron-rodgers-tops-qb-salary-list/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://msn.foxsports.com/lacesout/infog ... lary-list/</a>

NFL_Salary_Infographic_final_v2_2013042618551242_0_0.JPG

There’s inflation and then there is what is going on in the NFL: a financial frenzy.

Aaron Rodgers’ contract extension with the Green Bay Packers on Friday got us to thinking about the sweet rides some of the top paid quarterbacks will be enjoying with their deals.

Rodgers tops the scale at $22,000,000 per. That pushes him past Joe Flacco of the Baltimore Ravens, who was atop the list for a New York minute.

As for Tom Brady and Ben Roethlisberger, they are nowhere near the top of their craft – financially. Brady and Roethlisberger combine for the 7-11 exacta on our list.

----

CGI's comments;

So you need an elite QB to be a consistent winner. But, how does that huge salary impact your ability to fill the roster?

and...

What is Matt Ryan worth?

Matthew Stafford?

When do we try to extend Sam Bradford to get the most reasonable salary and where does his salary fall on this list long term?

I am guessing Sammy will probably be in the $18-$20M range and it could be higher if we make a serious playoff run.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Re: QB Salaries: Does elite QB salary ultimately hurt the te

I'd say S Brad is worth about what he's being paid now. And we'll see him earn every penny of it this year too. I also expect them to restructure his contract (extend him) to make it more tolerable over the next several years. Of course all of that is predicated on Bradford making the most of this season, but I definitely don't see them moving on from him next year regardless.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan

Ben's not getting much love is he. I'd be upset about it if I didn't think he was a big douche bag.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan

POOP!

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan

DOUBLE POOP!!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

albefree69 said:
DOUBLE POOP!!

Padding your post count? Now THAT's a new angle.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan

RamFan503 underestimating me...again:
Padding your post count? Now THAT's a new angle.

Nah, been doing it for years. :ww: