QB is again the Rams' biggest offseason question

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Quarterback is again the Rams' biggest offseason question
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-ra...terback-again-rams-biggest-offseason-question

INDIANAPOLIS -- The Los Angeles Rams have plenty of work to get done this offseason, but for the second year in a row, the biggest question facing them is one that plagues many an NFL team: What will they do at quarterback?

On Wednesday, ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando offered that as the biggest offseason question for the Rams once again, pointing out that the Rams could swap out Nick Foles for another veteran, but also correctly saying that to eat Foles' salary the Rams would have to be certain they're getting an upgrade and there's no obvious upgrade they can get.

This is the biggest dilemma facing the Rams because they need both long- and short-term solutions at the game's most important position. Can they find both of those in one player? In a perfect world, yes. But that doesn't seem likely given what will be available in free agency or the trade market. And with the No. 15 overall pick, there'll be no quick fix available when they draft, either.

Which means the Rams will have to roll with what they have, get creative or hope that quarterbacks coach Chris Weinke can work some wonders with a potential prospect.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Upgrades in FA are shaky and marginal at best since Cousins won't be hitting the market. Bradford is the only upgrade likely to be there but he comes with injury risk and he remains a tease in terms of his production. Not to mention it is unlikely the Rams give him years he's gonna want.

Re: trades I have to think Snead inquires on McCarron and Rivers. McCarron would be cheaper and has a small sample size that insinuates he can play respectably at this level. Rivers would be great but Spanos hates us, you're talking much more cost to get him from SD and he's long in the tooth. I think McCarron would meet what Fish is looking for in that he'd get a young cost controlled QB that can start soon, but not sure what Cincy would demand, it would likely be one of those two round 2 picks.

Best option is probably drafting the guy they like, plain and simple. But Fish is in year 5, so it's hard to imagine him wanting to move up and it might be hard for him to accept the use of a round 1 pick too, hard to say and it depends on whether he is thinking long or short term.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I concur with @Merlin Rams tried the trade route and were not successful and they have had limited success in free agency, so I they truly like somebody they need to pull the trigger, however, not sure if that player will be ready to play in 2016.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Again... We have quarterback envy.

This just in... QBs don't grow on trees, they ain't easy to come by. You're either in the Haves or the Have Nots when it comes to QBs. Lots of teams are praying to get out of the Have Not catagory... it's the bigger of the 2 groups.