Purchasing NFL tickets single game in advance

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Any tips on the cheapest, most painless way to go about it?

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
If you take a close look at Stubhub and NFL ticket exchange you will see that when all the fees are added up for both sites the prices are the same. Now those tickets are season ticket holders who are cashing in on us single game purchasers and raising the prices above face value. That being said, I still buy mine from Stubhub as I want to get them early and not have to worry about a sell out if the teams are doing well.

RK3

Professional Lurker
Name
Russ
FWIW, NFL Ticket Exchange does not let sellers sell tickets for less than the face value of the ticket. Sellers also get hit with fees from the sale. That being said, when I sell some of my season tickets, I generally prefer to sell them on Ticket Exchange because (aside from the pricing limitation), IMO, it is more convenient for both the seller and the buyer. Because of the agreement with the NFL, Ticket Exchange already knows what my ticket numbers are so they can be transferred electronically without hassle. This also allows me to keep them available for sale until a few hours before game time. Unfortunately, the pricing policy doesn't allow me to do a last minute fire sale if they are difficult to get rid of.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
RK3 - Thanks for some clarification but I'm still a little confused about Ticket Exchange. You're stating that the tickets can't be sold for LESS than face value but what about more than face value? I understand all the fee stuff. And the last minute fire sale idea? You have to sell those at face value?

I just want to be a bit more educated on this since I am a single game buyer each year. Also, when looking at both Stubhub and Ticket Exchange I see seats in let's say the upper tier nose bleed section for $89. Move up or down a couple of rows or even move over a few seats and the prices vary substantially. Do you know why this is?

Let me know.

I'll see you all in San Diego November 23rd! I'll be in Plaza Sideline 3!!!

GO RAMS!

RK3

Professional Lurker
Name
Russ
RK3 - Thanks for some clarification but I'm still a little confused about Ticket Exchange. You're stating that the tickets can't be sold for LESS than face value but what about more than face value? I understand all the fee stuff. And the last minute fire sale idea? You have to sell those at face value?

I just want to be a bit more educated on this since I am a single game buyer each year. Also, when looking at both Stubhub and Ticket Exchange I see seats in let's say the upper tier nose bleed section for $89. Move up or down a couple of rows or even move over a few seats and the prices vary substantially. Do you know why this is?

Let me know.

I'll see you all in San Diego November 23rd! I'll be in Plaza Sideline 3!!!

GO RAMS!

You can get your tickets electronically on either StubHub or Ticket Exchange. But because Ticketmaster has the relationship with the NFL, the seller doesn't have to send the tickets anywhere. Ticket Exchange knows what ticket numbers each season ticket holder owns. When a season ticket holder sells their tickets on Ticket Exchange, the sellers original ticket numbers are cancelled and the buyer gets issued new ticket numbers on the tickets they print themselves. StubHub can also deliver the tickets electronically, but I believe it requires the seller to mail the tickets to Stubhub to do that. The other option is for the seller to mail/fedex the tickets to the buyer. They do make that easy (preprinted labels) but it still takes time and a little risk.

Regarding ticket pricing on Ticket Exchange, the seller sets the price but it can't be lower than face value...ever. So, while the electronic delivery of the tickets makes it easier to sell them up until 2 hours before kickoff, the pricing policy doesn't allow me to lower the price below face value to encourage anyone to buy them. StubHub doesn't have the same pricing restrictions as Ticket Exchange so you can get them for below face value.

I sell my tickets to a few of the games each season to keep my wife from getting on me about the expense. My selling strategy changes each season. In the past I've put most of them up for sale (never opening day) and I go to what doesn't sell. This year though, I'm going to pick the games I definitely want to go to first (i.e. the best of the matchups) and then put the remainder up for sale. That way, when the tickets don't sell (inevitably, they don't all sell) I can go to those games too because "Honey, they didn't sell. If I didn't go they would just go to waste!"

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
got a good friend in DC, gonna go down in December when we play the Redskins..

never been to a game, any advice on getting tickets? when should I start looking? best bang for the buck?