PSL Rights???

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I checked out Levi Stadium PSL costs last night. Just to get an idea.
The starting price was $2000. Then doubled to $4000.
Some were as high as $80,000

I would be surprised if Inglewood starts less than $3000

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I just find it extremely hard to believe the Rams wouldn't protect themselves from something like this happening. Most likely the language, in layman's terms, is something like "You are specifically and exclusively purchasing this seat in the EJD but for now we will seat you in this seat at Busch stadium." For the contract to be as vague as "wherever the Rams go, you will have exclusive rights to a seat there" is extremely hard to believe.
That's all I'm really saying. Does it suck if someone invested $4,500 in a PSL and now it is worthless? Certainly. But throw those dice if you feel lucky.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Actually, there is already a precedent for this. The Rams, when they initially moved did NOT play in the EJD, which was not ready for the beginning of the '95 season. The Rams didn't play in the EJD until November of '95 and the PSL rights TRANSFERRED from the temporary venue to the EJD. Moreover, the language in the PSL specifically states "All Future Games". No mention of venue is stated and because of the precedent of multiple venues, the precedent is set that the PSL stays with the team, not the venue.

Now, the question becomes how does Kroenke sever?

In no particular order...
- He can come up with something about how those PSLs while not venue specific are St. Louis specific thus making them worthless.
- He can assert that the PSLs are venue specific and force St. Louis PSL owners to sue him.
- He can refund the St. Louis PSLs.

Because the Rams are the first team to move that sold PSLs, any move that is taken won't just be at the whim of Kroenke, but the NFL League office and the League owners will all be informed and consenting because anything that happens with how the Rams deal with this will set a precedent for every other move for teams that have sold PSLs.

Anyone who thinks this is a small deal doesn't understand how much money is generated by PSLs.

That's not really precedent. We'll need a copy of the PSL contract to have any idea about this.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did Kroenke/Rams get the PSL money or did the CVC?

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
I'll go ahead and sell mine to opposing fans every week for cost price. As long as they agree to be loud and obnoxious.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And wasnt PSL sales included in the Riverfront Stadium proposal as public money?
Seems the Task force wasnt planning on honoring the current PSL, not sure why Kroenke should

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Did Kroenke/Rams get the PSL money or did the CVC?
I believe that actually went into Georgia's purse.... or ma44ybe one of her alleged 8 boyfriends' pocket. About 40% probably went to Stan after expenses.:fighting: