PS help...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
So my ps3 serves as my households main entertainment source. (Games/movies/netflix) The thing took a dump the other week and the problem is the motherboard is done for. I'm reading different things about repairing this and want to know if anyone out there has any experience with this at all. Any help is appreciated.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
So my ps3 serves as my households main entertainment source. (Games/movies/netflix) The thing took a dump the other week and the problem is the motherboard is done for. I'm reading different things about repairing this and want to know if anyone out there has any experience with this at all. Any help is appreciated.
That sucks.
There are some decent how-to videos on youtube. I've never had to do it fortunately.

Just out of curiosity, which PS3 do you have and how many years did it last before crapping out?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
You can get spare parts on eBay pretty cheap, and like @Mojo Ram said, there are plenty of YouTube videos on how to replace it.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
It might be easiest just to replace the whole thing. I got a used 160gb PS3 with 3 games thrown in for $125 + $32 or so shipping. Got it within a week.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's the SLIM version. not sure what model # though. I know there are different variations. I had it for about 4 years... I feel like it should have lasted me a bit longer though. Ehhh... I'll figure something out. Just needed some input. Thanks, fellas.

bluecoconuts

Legend
It's the SLIM version. not sure what model # though. I know there are different variations. I had it for about 4 years... I feel like it should have lasted me a bit longer though. Ehhh... I'll figure something out. Just needed some input. Thanks, fellas.

I've had mine about that long, works great to me. They're essentially computers, so a lot of different things can affect it. Heat, humidity, dust, etc... Hard to say honestly. Dust and heat can really do it, I don't know how many PS3's and Xbox's I saw guys go through during deployments... Seriously, in almost 3 years I saw over 20 of those things go down.