Prospect Watch 2013-2014: Amaro, Sims, Erving, Boyd

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ramsaddiction

Rookie
Name
Anthony
Reports and Videos for:

Jace Amaro, TE, Jr., 6’-5”, 257 lbs., Round 2-3
Charles Sims, RB, RS Sr., 6’-0”, 205 lbs., Round 2-3
Cameron Erving, OT, RS Jr., 6’-5”, 320 lbs., Round 1
Tajh Boyd, QB, RS Sr., 6’-1”, 225 lbs., Round 1

http://www.ramsaddiction.com/pw1314_8

iced

why is everyone trying to draft an OT in the first round? regardless of Saffold staying or leaving, Barksdale has shown he can handle the load.

Clearly we need interior help more than anything

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
iced said:
why is everyone trying to draft an OT in the first round? regardless of Saffold staying or leaving, Barksdale has shown he can handle the load.

^ this.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
iced said:

If you can take someone like Matthews or Lewan, you don't hesitate because of Barksdale. Aside from that, Barksdale is also in the final year of his contract (last year was a one year deal as well). I've heard good things about Antonio Richardson (Tennessee) and Erving too; Florida State has produced some very good linemen over the years.

There's also not a guard as good as Warford/Warmack, unless Xavier Su'a-Filo enters as a redshirt junior; Gabe Jackson and Cyril Richardson don't strike me as first round prospects at the moment.

Either way, there's a lot of options to choose from, and I expect Snisher to go with the one with the highest potential upside.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
X said:
iced said:

^ this.

Cyril Richardson anyone?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
ChrisW said:
X said:
iced said:

^ this.

Cyril Richardson anyone?
No thanks. I'm driving.

iced

Memento said:
iced said:

If you can take someone like Matthews or Lewan, you don't hesitate because of Barksdale. Aside from that, Barksdale is also in the final year of his contract (last year was a one year deal as well). I've heard good things about Antonio Richardson (Tennessee) and Erving too; Florida State has produced some very good linemen over the years.

There's also not a guard as good as Warford/Warmack, unless Xavier Su'a-Filo enters as a redshirt junior; Gabe Jackson and Cyril Richardson don't strike me as first round prospects at the moment.

Either way, there's a lot of options to choose from, and I expect Snisher to go with the one with the highest potential upside.

No way he's going to fall that low.

The Giants look like they desperately need to protect Eli and Clowney isn't going to fix their Defense ( not to mention his hype is falling )

I think the Skins will get another win or 2 and their pick will end up around 8-10, but hoping for top 5.

Still - Jake Long is here at LT for the Long term, I don't like the idea of drafting a RT with a Top 5 pick when you have the whole board out there. If he truly is bar none on the board (if he actually falls), then fine..But if it's even remotely close - I'd rather upgrade a position of weakness to a strength instead of solid/decent to a strength

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't think Fisher will pass on Jake Matthews if he is available. The Rams will still need A safety and a Defensive Tackle, plus at least on Guard, but preferably two. I hope they can get a good DT early in round 1.

Who ever we end up drafting we should trade down at least once.

Me I'd go CB, DT, OG and safety, if we can get a second second I'd target Seastrunk or Carey to complement Stacy.

iced

Elmgrovegnome said:
I don't think Fisher will pass on Jake Matthews if he is available. The Rams will still need A safety and a Defensive Tackle, plus at least on Guard, but preferably two. I hope they can get a good DT early in round 1.

because fisher's track record of drafting o-linemen in the first is very indicative of that...

oh wait that's never happened

I expect a Skill position or Dlineman, which is what fisher seems to like

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
You can get a heck of a guard in the third round if you do you scouting. I don't think guard is a first round need. This may be the year I hope we target a first round RB, but IDK. In my mind the Rams have almost no first round calibre "needs." Saftety? Yeah, we need one of those... I guess lol. I like TJ! He's a beast.

Oh wait!! I'd like another first round DT. Langford isn't doing it for me. He's good most of the time but Brockers far outshines him.

iced

mr.stlouis said:
You can get a heck of a guard in the third round if you do you scouting. I don't think guard is a first round need. This may be the year I hope we target a first round RB, but IDK. In my mind the Rams have almost no first round calibre "needs." Saftety? Yeah, we need one of those... I guess lol. I like TJ! He's a beast.

Oh wait!! I'd like another first round DT. Langford isn't doing it for me. He's good most of the time but Brockers far outshines him.

I agree - I wonder how the coaching staff feels about langford. Obviously you have to give him a break his first year, making the transition from the 3-4 DE to 4-3 DT (he wasn't bad but not great last year)... but he's still not doing it for me, especially for his contract.

My off season wish list (I don't know prospects right now, just positions): Both Guards, DT, Safety, NCB, #2 QB

Jury still out: RB, WR, DT depth