Pros and Cons of Extending Fisher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Wonder what you guys consider to be the pros and cons of extending Fisher's contract before the start of season 5 of the Snisher era? Most agree he will get a new deal soon but I wonder how that benefits the fans. In all likelihood Stan is serious about putting a winning team on the field by the time the new Inglewood megastadium opens in 2019 and perhaps is willing to endure more .500 seasons of mediocrity so long as coming opening day in Inglewood the Rams are no longer ranked near the bottom of the league's power rankings.

Would it be more beneficial to make Fisher sweat it out this year, putting pressure on him to accomplish something of merit---say, a playoff berth! Whatever contract he gets before the start of 2016 should be a short-term deal. And, no, he doesn't deserve a raise.

So what are the pros of doubling down on a coach who loses more than wins? I don't see any...This seems like another rebuilding year for the Rams as they once again punch a tcket on the Tomorrow Land Ride at Disney fantasy land.

Fisher and Stan----patient to a fault?

What say you? Extend him? or make him sweat?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
So what are the pros of doubling down on a coach who loses more than wins? I don't see any...This seems like another rebuilding year for the Rams as they once again punch a tcket on the Tomorrow Land Ride at Disney fantasy land.
I'm sensing a theme with you.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
The way I feel about it there is no pro to extending Fisher.Our defense is our strength but they can't play to their potential with Fisher's offense.How much better would this defense be without all the 3 and out and stalled drives.So if he stays and is unwilling to change his offensive philosophy were going nowhere and that's a big CON.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I hope it's an "E" Ticket Ride! (in the Oldday'sat Disneyland theygave out Ticket books, to go on the rides, 'E' Tickets allowed you to go on every ride Free!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I hope it's an "E" Ticket Ride! (in the Oldday'sat Disneyland theygave out Ticket books, to go on the rides, 'E' Tickets allowed you to go on every ride Free!
lol. Dating ourselves, are we?

As a kid (18, 19 yrs old), I would sit in front of the park with a friend and we'd let people who were going back home 'donate' their unused tickets to us. It was probably the most brilliant scheme we ever came up with. And it was always a score when we got those E tickets. This was Disney WORLD though. In Orlando.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
lol. Dating ourselves, are we?

As a kid (18, 19 yrs old), I would sit in front of the park with a friend and we'd let people who were going back home 'donate' their unused tickets to us. It was probably the most brilliant scheme we ever came up with. And it was always a score when we got those E tickets. This was Disney WORLD though. In Orlando.
My Dad took the whole family "8 kids + Mom & Dad to Disney land the year it first opened, I'm not sure but I think that was around 1956!
Yah! "E Tickets" they where the SCORE!!:mrburnsevil:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This one seems pretty easy to me.
#1 Pro- there is no con, There is no downside to an extension

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
My Dad took the whole family "8 kids + Mom & Dad to Disney land the year it first opened, I'm not sure but I think that was around 1956!
Yah! "E Tickets" they where the SCORE!!:mrburnsevil:

1955 to be exact. (y)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
This one seems pretty easy to me.
#1 Pro- there is no con, There is no downside to an extension
Yup. Kroenke could extend him today and fire him tomorrow. There are no salary cap implications with coaches salaries.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I don't see any cons to extending him. It adds continuity and stability. It also might make it easier to draw in potential free agents and staff owing to the allusion of security. Because that is all job security ever is for an NFL coach - an allusion. Even if the Rams extend Fisher they can still just fire him at any time. So, really, I don't care what we do. I just know I want him gone if he can't get this team over the hump soon. If he has 4 months or 4 years left on his contract if and when that happens, I couldn't care less.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Pros: We'll always have defensive talent under Fisher. Especially on the line. We'll usually have a talented running back. We won't likely go back to the dark days of 2 to 4 wins a season. We'll be competitive and a pain in the butt for some teams(Seahags). We'll likely always have an upper tier defense.

Cons: We may never be a playoff team. We might be stuck in a rut of 7 or 8 win seasons during his whole tenure. We may be that team that teases with impressive wins against tough teams but can't sustain anything. We'll probably be a lower tier offense with low tier receivers and a low tier quarterback. An offense that will always offset any good the defense does.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
Pro: We will probably always win at least 5 games per year
Con: We will probably never win more than 7 per year
Pro: We won't have to worry about paying for costly playoff tickets for our team
Con: We won't get to pay for costly playoff tickets for our team

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Who would all of the anti Fisher people like to replace him? I think it would have to be a guy that can keep the defense in tact and playing well. Would most of the guys be able to keep the defense as is, or would they start changing things right away?

I am asking because I really don't know who is a better option at the moment? It doesn't seem like there is a lot of candidates right now. I know some really liked Macadoo, but I don't want another first time head coach. I would have taken Hue Jackson but that ship has sailed. I would hate to see the work on Defense get wasted. So, if they bring in a guy like Todd Bowles is it really going to be much different?

I still want to give Fisher a chance to see it through. I hate that he ignored the QB issue. But if he drafts a good one this year and gets a few more weapons he could be looking at a run like he had in Tennessee once he had McNair. That was a better stretch than the Rams have seen in decades.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Who would all of the anti Fisher people like to replace him? I think it would have to be a guy that can keep the defense in tact and playing well. Would most of the guys be able to keep the defense as is, or would they start changing things right away?
I'm not an anti-Fisher guy; but if I were in a pinch, I'd hire Sean McDermott.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Pros - he has taken teams to 13 and 3 records before. One time with Freakin Collins and vince Young. Could be just around the corner.

Cons - may never get over 7 wins. You fall asleep when the offense is on the field.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'm not an anti-Fisher guy; but if I were in a pinch, I'd hire Sean McDermott.

It's a tough decision unless you have a coach in mind that you are pretty sure you can land, before firing your coach. The way the Rams did it after Marts was an example of how not to. But what do you expect when you have a dysfunctional front office where staff is allowed threaten to slash your head coaches throat, and the idiot GM backlogged all the contracts and put you in cap he'll. Result- nobody worth a Damon wants the job, and if they do the front office can't identify the good ones.