Proposed new stadium for Redskins includes moat

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/60-minutes-reveals-model-of-new-redskins-stadium/

On 60 Minutes this week, "starchitect" Bjarke Ingels reveals the model of the stadium where the Washington Redskins football team will be playing soon -- complete with a moat for tailgating kayakers. It's just one of Bjarke Ingels' innovative ideas under construction around the world, which he will discuss in an interview conducted by Morley Safer this Sunday on 60 Minutes.

"The stadium is designed as much for the tailgating, like the pre-game, as for the game itself," Ingels tells 60 Minutes. "Tailgating literally becomes a picnic in a park. It can actually make the stadium a more lively destination throughout the year without ruining the turf for the football game."

ingelsredskinsstadiumbug.jpg

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
These new stadium designs are getting really stupid

I must be old school.

Just give me a parking lot to tailgate, a good view of the field, and reasonably priced beer.

I don't need the rest of this crap.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm hoping that it is intelligently designed - i.e. that those bridges over the moat can easily handle the traffic - at least as fast as people can get into the stadium entrances, with a margin of error. Even then, unless the entrances are all by the bridge exits, you will end up with people walking unnecessary distances, out in the open, sometimes in extreme heat or bad weather.

All of this increasing the costs, without directly adding revenue.

Will they have lifeguards, for those who "accidentally" fall or are pushed into the moat?

Just seems like a purty idea, that doesn't actually make business sense.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I must be old school.

Just give me a parking lot to tailgate, a good view of the field, and reasonably priced beer.

I don't need the rest of this crap.
I dont mind all the technology and such but the designs and architecture of everyone one of these new stadiums in Minnesota, Atlanta, LA, and now Washington are just flat out ugly. None of these will end up being classic designs that will stand the test of time.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
As long as they properly equip the moats with crocodile. Not to ferociously kill drunk Foreskin fans, you understand. It just gives it that...authentic feel.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
As long as they properly equip the moats with crocodile. Not to ferociously kill drunk Foreskin fans, you understand. It just gives it that...authentic feel.

:LOL:

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Thing is -- FedEx Field isn't that old. It's newer than the EJD and was designed primarily for sports events. But it has ZERO character at all and getting in and out is an absolute bitch.

But after the Jones Mahal in Dallas and the forthcoming Stanadu in L.A., Dan Snyder's inner attention whore had to get in on the act. He had better be paying for the new stadium.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Thing is -- FedEx Field isn't that old. It's newer than the EJD and was designed primarily for sports events. But it has ZERO character at all and getting in and out is an absolute bitch.

But after the Jones Mahal in Dallas and the forthcoming Stanadu in L.A., Dan Snyder's inner attention whore had to get in on the act. He had better be paying for the new stadium.

I think Obama is paying for it, with his stash. :sneaky:

wmc540

Pro Bowler
I dont mind all the technology and such but the designs and architecture of everyone one of these new stadiums in Minnesota, Atlanta, LA, and now Washington are just flat out ugly. None of these will end up being classic designs that will stand the test of time.

LA's design is legit!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
All it takes is one game at the Coliseum and you know why. Even the original Coliseum in Rome had retractable awnings to provide shade for fans.

Getting scorched in the direct SoCal sunlight won't be too fun. I remember watching a Raider game at the Coliseum and it felt like we were pasta being boiled.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Are the bathroom doors/walls going to be made of glass too? Wow, that's something
Now if the field is made out of ice, that would re-define home field advantage

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
IRS stadium! Only going to cost 14.7 trillion.