Pro Football Talk: Is Los Angeles Rams' roster Super Bowl ready?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
They talk about the roster like they really know who's on it. But the assertions they make show they know zip about who is on the roster. They call the roster shallow. Being 3 deep at RB, & TE, 5 deep at WR, 4 deep at CB, 3 deep at safety, in the front 7 they have AD, Floyd, Lewis, Robinson & Gaines. Name one NFL team that doesn't have untested depth players. That is the nature of the cap system SO IT'S FREAKING NORMAL TO HAVE THOSE TYPES OF PLAYERS AMONG YOUR DEPTH so to act like it's an anomaly is a freaking lie. I quit listening to these idiots 10 years ago and they were bad then.

PFT is pathetic.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
They talk about the roster like they really know who's on it. But the assertions they make show they know zip about who is on the roster. They call the roster shallow. Being 3 deep at RB, & TE, 5 deep at WR, 4 deep at CB, 3 deep at safety, in the front 7 they have AD, Floyd, Lewis, Robinson & Gaines. Name one NFL team that doesn't have untested depth players. That is the nature of the cap system SO IT'S FREAKING NORMAL TO HAVE THOSE TYPES OF PLAYERS AMONG YOUR DEPTH so to act like it's an anomaly is a freaking lie. I quit listening to these idiots 10 years ago and they were bad then.

PFT is pathetic.
I get your gist about their roster knowledge or lack of it.

If you watched the entire video, it was more about Stafford's impact not how well they knew the Rams roster and who their best 1-53 might be. There are about 89 players on the roster today.

They didn't pretend to know their depth as die hard Rams fans.

They didn't make any predictions about who were the best 53 projected players.

The punch line of their discussion was about the addition of Matt Stafford and how he can improve the offense and how he will help McVay understand QB insight that Goff couldn't give him.

Call them idiots all you want. Your opinion is excepted on a message board.

I watched the entire video and got way more out of it than just 2 idiots popping off.

Maybe you should watch it again. Or maybe they make you puke so much you can't step out of the box and endure it.

To each his own.

To-each-his-own-1.jpg

Last edited:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
To each their own indeed, but Florio is a smug Ram hater and he can't even hide it.

Overall not a bad vid though. Simms is jacked. I do find it amusing when heads and other fans talk about "Yeah but what do they have besides Donald, Floyd & Ramsey on D?"
That's like saying other than a pretty face, nice personality & a great ass...she's just "okay." Lol.

IMO our depth across the roster is no worse than league average so i don't buy that as some sort of boom or bust scenario. Donald is critical as we saw in Green Bay & obviously Stafford. None of that is Earth shattering or exclusive to the Rams.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To each their own indeed, but Florio is a smug Ram hater and he can't even hide it.

Overall not a bad vid though. Simms is jacked. I do find it amusing when heads and other fans talk about "Yeah but what do they have besides Donald, Floyd & Ramsey on D?"
That's like saying other than a pretty face, nice personality & a great ass...she's just "okay." Lol.

IMO our depth across the roster is no worse than league average so i don't buy that as some sort of boom or bust scenario. Donald is critical as we saw in Green Bay & obviously Stafford. None of that is Earth shattering or exclusive to the Rams.
All the 'heads' are invested in the boom or bust narrative inre the Rams. *shrugs

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
All the 'heads' are invested in the boom or bust narrative inre the Rams. *shrugs
Yeah and the Rams' window is NOW....and it was NOW in '20, '19 and '18 etc. Our window will be NOW again next year i'm sure. They can't seem to wrap their heads around this being a well run organization.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah and the Rams' window is NOW....and it was NOW in '20, '19 and '18 etc. Our window will be NOW again next year i'm sure. They can't seem to wrap their heads around this being a well run organization.
I would agree with them if we were sacrificing 1st rounders for mediocre, end of career players looking for a paycheck, like guys Jeff Fisher cleared out in his first year. But no, we are picking guys in their prime or have several years of playing at a high level, left in their career. Getting Ramsey and Stafford were the best uses for those traded 1st rounder rookies. So what if day 0ne of the NFL Draft was boring for us. Zero *ucks given.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Top shelf response @Mojo Ram

The Rams depth on paper is top heavy but they are no different than the high majority of the other 32 NFL teams.

If one of their top 3 or 4 key starters go down for a long period of time, there is a good chance they would be in trouble in a postseason game.

Like you mentioned, the loss of Donald last season at the Packers. That was a brutal loss that no depth player on the Rams could band aid.

OF4yBDE3LQ-2.png

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It’s crazy but that can happen for any team. Just click bait for these morons. Plus did you hear, if you type Kathy Lee Crosby into your search engine nude photos pop,up?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The "window" takes are always funny. Remember when the Rams mortgaged their future for Goff? Things didn't work out but we won a lot of games with him so I think that trade was a net win for us.

Also Goff undoubtedly sweetened the deal that brought us Stafford. Otherwise that dude might be in SF right now. And even with those picks gone it sure looks to me like our "window" is still just as wide open as it was. Isn't that interesting. :horns::cool::horns:

MachS

Hall of Fame
We're on our way no doubt. As long as our D doesn't regress too much we should be competing for an NFC title no doubt.

Flint

Pro Bowler
I was surprised to hear that they had the opinion that the rams could’ve won the SB. The usual narrative about that game is that the Rams got outclassed by the Brady and the mighty Patriots.
As far as their analysis of the roster the rams are relying on younger developing guys who probably aren’t known to media guys who have to know something about every team in the league. So basically it’s all about Stafford.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I was surprised to hear that they had the opinion that the rams could’ve won the SB. The usual narrative about that game is that the Rams got outclassed by the Brady and the mighty Patriots.
As far as their analysis of the roster the rams are relying on younger developing guys who probably aren’t known to media guys who have to know something about every team in the league. So basically it’s all about Stafford.
What hurt about that game is our defense played their asses off. We were a few "made plays" by a few players away from breaking it open IMO. I'm still sick about it tbh.

But if we can win a couple back to back, well, I think I'll feel a lot better. :part:

Ram65

Legend
It's an easy comment to make that the trading away of first-round picks leads to a lack of depth. A lot of depth depends on other picks, free agent signings, and trades. The draft picks and the money had me questioning the Rams deal. It has worked out very well so far.

The Rams have made some good moves with free agents starting from Woods and Whit. Robinson should be a solid free-agent pickup to replace Brockers. They got inexpensive players like Corbett, Hollins and Deayon. As McVay says the young offensive lineman have gotten a lot of playing time which leads to having good depth. The Rams have lots of young talent in Gaines, Lewis and many others on defense that are ready when given a chance.

The Rams are a little top-heavy with AD and Ramsey but, most teams have players they can't afford to lose. Overall, I think the Rams depth has improved over the past few years. I'm excited about this rookie class that will contribute early on special teams and could get some PT.