PRO FOOTBALL NEWS: Julio Jones Breaks Both Legs In Car Accid

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

stewymark

A spokesperson for the Atlanta highway safety authority (HSA) has confirmed that Julio Jones has broken both of his legs in a traffic altercation. He has been transported via ambulance to a local Atlanta hospital for treatment, and the full extent of his injuries are not known at this time, however, both of his legs were visibly broken and not life threatening according to sources.

The accident involved a 2012 BMW driven by Julio Jones and a 76 year old female driver in a 2010 Audi. The driver of the Audi was issued a citation for failing to stop at a red light before striking the vehicle driven by Julio Jones at a high rate of speed.

Team spokespersons could not be reached for comment at this time.

Additional details and information will be updated as it becomes available. This story is still developing.

I feel bad for the kid.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Re: PRO FOOTBALL NEWS: Julio Jones Breaks Both Legs In Car A

stewymark said:
A spokesperson for the Atlanta highway safety authority (HSA) has confirmed that Julio Jones has broken both of his legs in a traffic altercation. He has been transported via ambulance to a local Atlanta hospital for treatment, and the full extent of his injuries are not known at this time, however, both of his legs were visibly broken and not life threatening according to sources.

The accident involved a 2012 BMW driven by Julio Jones and a 76 year old female driver in a 2010 Audi. The driver of the Audi was issued a citation for failing to stop at a red light before striking the vehicle driven by Julio Jones at a high rate of speed.

Team spokespersons could not be reached for comment at this time.

Additional details and information will be updated as it becomes available. This story is still developing.

I feel bad for the kid.

Oh man. That's terrible. Hope he mends fast.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan

Both legs! :nono: Gonna be tough coming back from that. Good luck to him. He's fun to watch and a humble guy from all accounts.

stewymark

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ignore bogus Julio Jones car-crash rumor

Posted by Mike Florio on September 15, 2012, 11:59 AM EDT

AP
There’s a bogus rumor making the rounds on the Internet that Falcons receiver Julio Jones broke both legs in a car accident on Friday night.

Key word: Bogus.

The Falcons alerted us to the rumor, and the team says that Jones is at practice and smiling and happy. (Not bad for a guy with two broken legs.)

We’ve since seen the report and it’s clearly a hoax. Don’t even waste your time searching for the link.

Bottom line? He’ll be on the field Monday night, and the Broncos defensive backs may feel like their own legs are broken as they try to keep up with him.

Sorry guys.....just saw this.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan

stewymark needlessly worried:
Sorry guys.....just saw this.

It was an interesting story while it lasted. :lol:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Fucking A-holes! Ain't the internet something at times? Glad it never happened though. Break a leg Julio. ;-}

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

RamFan503 said:
Fucking A-holes! Ain't the internet something at times? Glad it never happened though. Break a leg Julio. ;-}

Yeah sometimes the internet is like a crack pipe ,gotta put it down for a while and rediscover what's real :ww:

I was suspicious cuz there wasn't a link in that first post

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

This just in.

(ATLANTA) -- The person identified in the Julio Jones rumor has had both of his legs injured in a freak accident that can only be described as Karmic Revenge. Mike Hunt, an internet blogger and originator of the hoax perpetrated on the Atlanta Falcons receiver, was leaving his loft apartment in the Fulton Cotton Mill Lofts when an errant brick struck one kneecap and ricocheted off the other causing dual ACL injuries.

One bystander appeared to have witnessed the crime, but details were not entirely forthcoming. When asked if she could identify the perpetrator, her response was simply, "Ain't nobody got time f'dat." Authorities are now left with no leads at this time.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

Mike Hunt.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Selassie I said:
Mike Hunt.
Second cousin to Mike Hawk.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory

Well that was fun

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

Selassie I said:
Mike Hunt.

Yeah he is part of a two man comedy team with B-ball coach Dick Harter.

Mike is the straight man , after seeing the act folks have been heard to say "Mike Hunt just makes Dick Harter"

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame

If he did have 2 broken legs he would still be better than Mike Sims-Walker.

jap

Legend

Don't these Internet jokesters realize that April 1 has already gone by? :roll:

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim

Selassie I said:
Mike Hunt.
Reminds me.

I was involved in a community theatre group performing Man of La Mancha. Me, the director and another guy, who's name happened to be Mike, were finishing some set work. The director was working on the program and Mike told him he wanted his name to be listed as Mike Hunt. Now, keep in mind the play was being performed in the fellowship hall of a church, and that the director had been working long hours to get the play ready.

So, when the program came out with Mike Hunt playing the Innkeeper, all Mike could do was laugh. The director, by the way, never changed the program for the entire run.

True story.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Yamahopper said:
If he did have 2 broken legs he would still be better than Mike Sims-Walker.

:lmao: