Pro Football Focus ranks LT Joe Noteboom @ #162 of NFL UFA's

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Rams have 2 centers signed currently in Jeremiah Kolone & Drake Jackson. CS is a RFA whose 2022 tender will only be $850 K. The bottom line (at this time for me) is CS has been groomed for 3 yrs as a Ram to be the starting center in 2022. David Edwards has been the starting OG since his rookie season I see no reason to throw him out of the starting LG post in his 4th season. If they sign UFA LT Joe Noteboom then all they really have to do is find a starting RG.
I'm going to agree with Shelton as I do like him very much and if Allen is paid too much in free agency, I'm fine moving forward with Coleman Shelton.

I don't like the depth at Center from that point on with Kolone & Jackson. IMO, Drake Jackson will be part of the practice squad and will be a developmental center as to Kolone, I have not been a fan as he's underwhelming to post the least. Kolone does snap the ball well, but gets pushed back and IMO, does not hold up well at the point of attack. Kolone has been brought back & forth many times does have experience in the defunct AFF with the San Diego Fleet & Mike Martz, but not much else.

I expect a couple of draft choices for the offensive line and keep a look out for the versatile Offensive Lineman Luke Fortner of Kentucky with OC Liam Coen knowing him well. He was part of @jrry32 mock draft and I believe would be a good later round add to the Offensive Line.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm going to agree with Shelton as I do like him very much and if Allen is paid too much in free agency, I'm fine moving forward with Coleman Shelton.

I don't like the depth at Center from that point on with Kolone & Jackson. IMO, Drake Jackson will be part of the practice squad and will be a developmental center as to Kolone, I have not been a fan as he's underwhelming to post the least. Kolone does snap the ball well, but gets pushed back and IMO, does not hold up well at the point of attack. Kolone has been brought back & forth many times does have experience in the defunct AFF with the San Diego Fleet & Mike Martz, but not much else.

I expect a couple of draft choices for the offensive line and keep a look out for the versatile Offensive Lineman Luke Fortner of Kentucky with OC Liam Coen knowing him well. He was part of @jrry32 mock draft and I believe would be a good later round add to the Offensive Line.
I was going to say to keep an eye on Drake Jackson, as I liked him out of Kentucky. But it appears he's returning to the University of Kentucky to coach.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I was going to say to keep an eye on Drake Jackson, as I liked him out of Kentucky. But it appears he's returning to the University of Kentucky to coach.
Makes sense.

The Rams Team web-site is pretty-well updated; and, although Drake Jackson was reported as signed to a Futures Contract weeks ago, his name has not appeared on the Roster-page.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I have a feeling Brian Allen gets a contract offer we can’t match due to other team needs.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Brian Allen could follow his former OC to Minnesota to make some big money​

by John Buhler

Brian Allen, Los Angeles Rams

Brian Allen is the only guy on this list that has not made big money yet. The former fourth-round pick out of Michigan State has spent the last four years on the Rams offensive line. He has been part of several playoff teams and was a big reason why this past year’s team won the Super Bowl. However, he and guys like guard Austin Corbett are in fantastic positions to secure the bag finally.

Unlike the Rams, the Vikings have had their issues in the trenches. Minnesota had been a defensive-minded team under Zimmer, but the Vikings rarely had one of the better offensive lines in football during his tenure. If O’Connell wants to commence his Vikings run on the right foot, he must have guys he can count on along his front-five. Allen could be a key piece that follows him.

Though Allen and O’Connell only worked together for two years with the Rams, that might be enough time for Allen to entrust the prime of his career with O’Connell on a new team. While O’Connell is a former quarterback himself, he did coordinate the Rams offense the last two years. This was a unit that was balanced and could handle attrition better than most teams in the NFL.

The Rams could bring back him on a second contract, but Allen and Corbett will be very pricey.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
I have been pondering Coleman Shelton for a long while now. The more I see him on the field the better I like him.
View attachment 52642

Carberry did start him at both OC & LG plus utilized him a ton on ST's along with being in as the 6th OL on the outside of the OT after the "total collapse" :crap:of Bobby Evans in 2021 offseason. CS was able to make all the blocks but what stood out to me was his mobility & sticking the moving target. He has very short arms though for standards for most LG's. PFF has his overall rating of 57.7 :yawn:with 215 snaps with the offense in 2021.

I know that when the Rams went into the Cards Game on 12/15 CS's season grades were overall 62 with a run-blocking grade of 61.5 & pass-blocking grade of 58.9. Here are some other nuggets on Coleman Shelton below:

View attachment 52641
The above indicates CS was graded a 66.8 against the Jags. I also saw where CS did not do as well against the Vikings LG/C Coleman Shelton: 50.0 when we had 3 OL'ers being shifted around due to injuries.

In the first game of the playoff against the Cards center, CS was graded 62.0.

View: https://twitter.com/DaneCrane55/status/1470615709919035392?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1470615709919035392%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.turfshowtimes.com%2F2021%2F12%2F14%2F22834373%2Frams-cardinals-snap-counts-coleman-shelton

We do know that CS got a ton of snaps @ CENTER very early (OTA's/Training Camp/Preseason) in this 2021 Championship season when Brain Allen was not being utilized.

Might the Rams do the same with center UFA Brian Allen as they did with UFA Austin Blythe? I believe so. Rams had CS here in waiting when they let the Blythe situation a year ago take place. The Rams had no idea if Brian Allen was going to be close to healthy for the 2021 season. Early in 2021, we saw a ton of OC Jeremiah Kolone @ #2 center behind CS.

PFF has gone on record saying that they believe that Brian Allen will get Three years, $21.75 million $7.5 million a year contract. If that were to happen Snead might end up with an awarded 2023 4th or 5th rd compensatory pick.

Rams have 2 centers signed currently in Jeremiah Kolone & Drake Jackson. CS is a RFA whose 2022 tender will only be $850 K. The bottom line (at this time for me) is CS has been groomed for 3 yrs as a Ram to be the starting center in 2022. David Edwards has been the starting OG since his rookie season I see no reason to throw him out of the starting LG post in his 4th season. If they sign UFA LT Joe Noteboom then all they really have to do is find a starting RG.

Man, and I thought I had alot of time on my hands. Haha

But yeah, center has been one of the most intriguing and THE most concerning position for me the last 3 years. Could have solved it all last year but tutu happened.

I still feel they figure it out but I will bitch about it If they don't.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

Hmmm ... If Allen went to MN, would the Vikings want to move-on from Garrett Bradbury?

Apparently, Bradbury has been a big disappointment but he was so well-regarded coming out of college.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

by John Buhler

Brian Allen, Los Angeles Rams

Brian Allen is the only guy on this list that has not made big money yet. The former fourth-round pick out of Michigan State has spent the last four years on the Rams offensive line. He has been part of several playoff teams and was a big reason why this past year’s team won the Super Bowl. However, he and guys like guard Austin Corbett are in fantastic positions to secure the bag finally.

Unlike the Rams, the Vikings have had their issues in the trenches. Minnesota had been a defensive-minded team under Zimmer, but the Vikings rarely had one of the better offensive lines in football during his tenure. If O’Connell wants to commence his Vikings run on the right foot, he must have guys he can count on along his front-five. Allen could be a key piece that follows him.

Though Allen and O’Connell only worked together for two years with the Rams, that might be enough time for Allen to entrust the prime of his career with O’Connell on a new team. While O’Connell is a former quarterback himself, he did coordinate the Rams offense the last two years. This was a unit that was balanced and could handle attrition better than most teams in the NFL.

The Rams could bring back him on a second contract, but Allen and Corbett will be very pricey.
I hate reading these articles but have been a fan for years. These used the be the articles written about the Rams and players who usually didn't work out.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Will Brian Allen be a hot :fire1:commodity in free agency?

Ex-LA Rams coaches now abound in the NFL
By Venie Randy Soares Feb 27, 2022,

1646067357918.png

For Los Angeles Rams fans, none of their 2022 free agents are as polarizing as center Brian Allen. A fourth round draft pick out of Michigan State in 2018, Allen was heir-apparent to be the pivot point in Sean McVay's wide zone running offense. Now, after four seasons of highs-and-lows, he is negotiating his second NFL contact and is line for a big raise.

The branches of Sean McVay’s coaching tree, and with it, his offensive philosophy, are spread throughout the NFL. As such, starting-caliber center who has experience in calling and executing the wide zone running scheme may be in big demand during this years free agency process. Although Allen could fit into any one of the many teams that run some version of the wide zone, there are now NFL seven squads with direct contact to Rams and have up-close knowledge of his abilities.

View: https://twitter.com/i/status/1486865654799994881

Who has the inside track?

Zac Taylor-Cincinnati Bengals

It’s not news that the Bengals need offensive line help, particularly on the interior. Signing Allen would let Cincy grab a top guard prospect and keep Burrow upright.

Kevin O’Connell and Wes Phillips - Minnesota Vikings

Allen would offer experience and knowledge transitioning into the new scheme that the ex-Rams coaches will install. Former first-rounder Garrett Bradbury has underwhelmed.

Matt LaFluer- Green Bay Packers

A real long shot here, the Pack will have a deep line if everyone can come back from injuries.

Shane Waldron and Andy Dickerson - Seattle Seahawks

Hawks are transitioning from power to zone and Allen would be a nice fit. He would offer system stability and leadership. Both current Seahawk centers are free agents.

And to a lesser extent

Brandon Staley - San Diego Chargers

Not much need here after the Bolts ‘21 spending spree on C Corey Linsley and G Matt Fieler.

Ejiro Every and Dwayne Stukes - Denver Broncos

In 2021, Lloyd Cushenberry improved from dead last to middle of the pack in Pro Football Focus center ratings, but is not a real fit into the Bronc’s transition to wide zone.

Skip Peete - Dallas Cowboys

Allen doesn’t really fit into the Cowboy mold and when their line is not injured, it is one of the best in the NFL.

How did Brian Allen get to this point?

Like many Rams rookies in the Sean McVay regime, Allen was brought along slowly, using his rookie year to learn the pro game. His action as a rookie was limited to mopping up a few games and special teams snaps. He sniffed the field in Super Bowl LII for two plays.

He earned the starting center role in 2019 and held up until suffering a devastating knee injury in week nine versus the Pittsburg Steelers. He tore his MCL, meniscus, and fractured his tibia. The long, arduous rehab process was complicated by the broken bone that needed to be non-weight bearing for a month before he could even begin to walk.

2020 became a wasted year when Allen became the first NFL player to test positive for COVID-19. Being barred from the Rams training facility put off his knee rehab for another month and he would eventually be forced to sit out the whole season. It would end up being almost two years before Allen saw the field in an NFL game.

The Rams stayed committed to keeping the center position in house for 2021. They passed on upgrades through the draft, free agency, and let versatile Austin Blythe slip away. Perennial practice squaders Jamil Demby and Jeremiah Kolone got a look, as did undrafted free agents Cole Cabral, Jordan Meredith, and Coleman Shelton. Only Shelton was able to stick on the active roster.

As the preseason neared, it seemed that the Rams had decided to shift starting right guard Austin Corbett to the pivot and install Bobby Evans into the void at guard. Some combination of lackluster play by one, or both, of these moves propelled Brian Allen back into the starting role. He responded with a solid year, culminating with an alternate Pro Bowl berth and the ultimate prize, a Super Bowl ring.

View: https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1424870465349193729?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1424870465349193729%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.turfshowtimes.com%2F2022%2F2%2F27%2F22951645%2Fbrian-allen-rams-free-agents-2022-predictions

Money talks

Spotrac has assigned Allen a market value of $5.4 mil per year and that number could easily push higher if multiple teams vie for his services. Along with interest from ex-coaches, his name has been linked to the Steelers and Chicago Bears.

In 2021, Allen had a cap number just short of $1.1 mil. So he’s in line for a nice raise. Although his departure would leave a big hole on the Rams offensive line, it’s hard to make a case for the Rams getting involved in a bidding war. Just last year, the team would not re-sign Austin Blythe for $1 mil, who had movement skills and the ability to play two positions.

If the Rams decide to let Allen walk, who will be the replacement? Currently under contract, Jeremiah Kolone and Tremayne Anchrum are the only players who have cross-trained at the center position. Free agency doesn’t look like it will offer much value, at a less or equal salary, than Allen’s re-signing would provide. LA’s scouting department will certainly have scoured the list. And finally, expecting to get a plug-and-play center at the very end of the third round is not realistic.

Should the Rams aggressively pursue and re-sign Brian Allen at $5 mil per year?

Last edited:

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Honestly hope Allen gets a massive offer from someone. If he's leaving, I want him to leave with a huge contract so we get a comp pick at least. There are some solid center FA's out there that won't be much if any of a drop off IMO.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Joseph Noteboom’s 3 most-likely free agent destinations

Has Andrew Whitworth’s backup at left tackle done enough to warrant starter money on the free agent market?

By Kenneth Arthur@KennethArthuRS Mar 1, 2022
1646236176208.png

Even though there is a Super Bowl championship riding his tail in the rear view mirror, the residual effects of building part of that roster through the trade market—Matthew Stafford, Von Miller, and Sony Michel—will once again force Les Snead to be the best general manager in the league on day three of the NFL Draft. Not likely to make a selection in the top-96, the 2022 draft class will be Snead’s first without a pick in the top-two rounds since 2018.

And if he winds up with a class that resembles that one—Joseph Noteboom, Brian Allen, John Franklin-Myers, Micah Kiser, Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, Sebastian Joseph-Day, Travin Howard, Justin Lawler—the Los Angeles Rams may keep celebrating in the coming years.

Though you may be looking at that list and thinking, “But those aren’t superstars?!?!”, they are no less the backbone of any good team. Stafford, Miller, Odell Beckham Jr., Cooper Kupp and the like, these are knockout punches and finishing moves of a great fighter, and no great fighter exists without also having all the less heralded attributes in their repertoire, such as stamina, strong mental acuity, and a hell of a lot of tiny little jabs to the ribs.

Noteboom, Allen, and Howard were all part of those jabs and well-earned their own Super Bowl rings this year. Four years from being drafted, these players are also now free agents in 2022. With the exception of Franklin-Myers, who has already signed a four-year, $55 million contract extension with the New York Jets, Noteboom will be of the most interest to outside teams on the market should the Rams not re-sign him first.

What will he earn? And where will he go?

Re-sign with the Los Angeles Rams

Expecting the Rams to sign Noteboom ahead of free agency may be wishful thinking on the part of fans, and even Noteboom himself. It would really require that Sean McVay believes wholeheartedly in Noteboom as a starter and yet if that were to be true, why hasn’t Noteboom been starting?

It can’t simply be that he was blocked by better players. Not after four seasons to prove himself as either a starting tackle or guard who is too good to be kept on the bench for players making a lot more money against the salary cap over the last two years.

However, Noteboom and his agent are going to argue that he is a starting left tackle. Noteboom made seven starts in place of Andrew Whitworth in 2020 and there were few complaints about his ability to maintain status quo at that position for an eventual playoff team that reached the second round of the postseason. He found his way back onto the field in 2021, making a start at left tackle in a win over the Texans, then a start at right tackle in a win over the Cardinals.

Add in eight career starts at left guard and Noteboom has a resume that at worst makes him a valuable “super utility” player who is virtually guaranteed to make appearances over a 17-game season and with so many injuries always happening in the trenches.

But in pre-free agency negotiations, you always have a player’s agent arguing that his future will be the best case scenario and a team that is arguing why he absolutely won’t ever be his best case scenario, even though they do really want to keep that player. Ultimately, I can’t imagine many outcomes that result in Los Angeles announcing a contract for Joseph Noteboom prior to free agency because that would have to imply that either the Rams strongly believe in him as a left tackle OR that Noteboom doesn’t believe in himself as a left tackle and wasn’t interested in testing the market.

Why wouldn’t he be interested in testing the market though? Teams are so desperate for offensive line help that Noteboom should draw plenty of offers on the open market.

This still does not close the door on a return to the Rams. Noteboom could find out that he was not as highly sought after as he expected, a reality that centers Austin Blythe and Austin Reiter found themselves in a year ago. L.A. opted to let Blythe walk and despite position versatility and a good number of starts for a winning team, he continued to be a free agent well after most had expected him to find a home. Blythe eventually signed with the Chiefs (Reiter’s former team) and made four appearances with zero starts in 2021.

If we find out that teams only view Noteboom as a “super utility” backup player, he may prefer to stick with the only franchise and coaching staff that he’s known up to this point in his career. If the Rams see Noteboom as the heir apparent to Whitworth, then you’d think we’d already have seen the wheels turning on clearing out his contract and making way for the replacement. We’re not seeing that and Whitworth is even mulling a return for a 17th season.

My guess is that Noteboom does not re-sign with the Rams, but you rarely rule out the home team entirely.

Joseph Noteboom signs with the New England Patriots

Prior to 2021, Bill Belichick rarely made noise during free agency in his tenure with the Patriots. That changed after a losing season in 2020 and New England spent more money on outside free agents than any other team in the league. By a lot.

Don’t rule out a semi-repeat of that in 2022.

The Patriots don’t have a lot of 2022 cap space at the moment (roughly $5 million effective cap space) but there’s plenty of ways to free up money with releases, restructures, and renegotiations. When Nelson Agholor is set to count $15 million against the salary cap, you know that the accountants must be called in to fix something.

If there’s any position that Belichick does seem to appreciate, it’s offensive linemen with versatility. The Patriots have Isaiah Wynn at left tackle (and entering a contract year) but right tackle Trent Brown is set to be a free agent. Noteboom was a right tackle for one season at TCU and filled in for Rob Havenstein once last year.

Center/guard Ted Karras made 13 starts in 2021 and will also be a free agent.

Noteboom could come in and compete at either right tackle or left guard, but he could also give Belichick options at left tackle and right guard, or even as a sixth offensive lineman in certain packages. There’s a lot that Noteboom could potentially do if he’s okay with working “the Patriots way.”

And I guess, you know, okay with like cheating and whatnot.

Joseph Noteboom follows Kevin O’Connell to the Vikings

At the moment there are still a few roadblocks between Noteboom and a trip to the NFC North.

One is money, as the Vikings don’t have a ton of cap space and must figure out if they want to/are able to trade Kirk Cousins to a team desperate for a starting quarterback. If Minnesota can trade Cousins, they’ll save $35 million against the cap next year.

The other problem is whether or not Noteboom signs as a super utility, as a replacement for a current (decent) starter at left guard, or if he can become the Vikings’ next starting right guard. At the moment, Minnesota has 2021 first round pick Christian Darrisaw at left tackle and Brian O’Neill at right tackle—neither seem like they need to be replaced right now.

The starting left guard is Ezra Cleveland, a second round pick in 2020, and he was cited as an improved player with a potentially bright future after last season. The main issues are at center and right guard, with the latter being occupied by Olisaemeka Udoh last season, a player benched at one point for Mason Cole.

But the team also drafted guard Wyatt Davis in the third round in 2021 and they might not feel that a $10 million APY for a right guard is great business. On the other hand, Noteboom can be that guy who Kevin O’Connell doesn’t have to necessarily “teach” anything new to as he brings his philosophies to Minnesota and can serve as a mentor of sorts to the Vikings other offensive linemen.

If not the Vikings, then I’d take a long look at the Bears, Bengals, Texans, Jaguars, and Giants as suitors. Another sleeper team could be the Seahawks, as offensive coordinator Shane Waldron is also someone who has a history with Noteboom from his days with the Rams.

What will Noteboom make in free agency?

My expectations on a Joseph Noteboom contract can best be described as “George Fant.”

An undrafted free agent in 2016, Fant signed with the Seattle Seahawks as a major project because he had been a high school and college BASKETBALL player prior to the NFL. Fant was adamant that he didn’t want to play football despite pleas from so many people to use his massive frame to try out being an offensive lineman. He was finally convinced by Western Kentucky—and coincidentally (to this blog) trained to play tight end by Tyler Higbee—to try out football in 2015.

Once 250 lbs, Fant started bulking up and is now well over 300 lbs and he was literally making starts at left tackle for the Seahawks in 2016 despite having only begun his football career a couple years earlier. As you can guess, he was terrible.

But four years later, after playing in 32 games from 2018-2019 with 14 starts, Fant signed a free agent contract with the Jets in 2020: three years, $27 million. At the moment, New York is so keen on Fant as their left tackle that there are rumors that Mekhi Becton, a first round pick in 2020, could be moved to the right side or traded.

Noteboom enters free agency at a similar age (one year younger than when Fant hit free agency) and with a similar amount of NFL experience. There was a lot of risk in that $27 million contract for Fant but it did pay off. Noteboom has more experience and position versatility but maybe nowhere near the same ceiling as Fant.

I think a three-year, $30 million contract sounds reasonable, but it could definitely be significantly higher—or significantly lower—when all said and done. My baseline is right around there, however. That’s also something that Noteboom is much more likely to sign with a new team than it is something that he could get from the Rams.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm sure the Rams have a plan B, I don't see Boom signing with he Patriots or Vikings, he's from Piano Texas, so he likes the warm weather, now money talks, but IMO, I feel he'll be back and if not, the Rams will have another plan.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I'm sure the Rams have a plan B, I don't see Boom signing with he Patriots or Vikings, he's from Piano Texas, so he likes the warm weather, now money talks, but IMO, I feel he'll be back and if not, the Rams will have another plan.
This Ram 4 yr OL'er gives me the impression that he is comfortable with things he knows & is a very reserved person in the way he goes about things in general. You never see him seeking the press or running around getting his face in photos for face time.

It would not doubt me that Joe committed very early to be the replacement to Andrew Whitworth after the four yrs of investment between the two @ LT with the goal for him to replace him when AW retired.

I do believe Joseph Noteboom is looking for a long-term commitment to remaining here in sunny southern warm California. Having finally arrived for his first season as the starting LT where he knows he is most comfortable & the best place & position for him who will be turning 27 soon.

Joseph Noteboom remains my #1 :bullseye:in signing our own UFA's. This Org has a ton of assets tied up in Stafford & you must protect him. To go with UDFA Aalric Jackson @ LT who is still fresh off his rookie season only played in 4 of the 22 gms with only 26 snaps is one serious big gamble. On Alaric Jackson, it would be better to plan for him to be a primary starting OG prospect to fill an OG post due to Austin Corbett's departure.

Just my thoughts here.:bueller:

Ram65

Legend
Joe Noteboom has that quiet personality. Videos showed he doesn't say much. I am hoping that would give the Rams a one-up on other teams as he would not like the change of going to another team and having to fit into a new environment. I don't know what his market value is. He is young for a LT so maybe he gives the Rams a shot on a three-year deal. One can hope. Rams have to be ready with that plan B should he leave.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Joe Noteboom has that quiet personality. Videos showed he doesn't say much. I am hoping that would give the Rams a one-up on other teams as he would not like the change of going to another team and having to fit into a new environment. I don't know what his market value is. He is young for a LT so maybe he gives the Rams a shot on a three-year deal. One can hope. Rams have to be ready with that plan B should he leave.
Agreed. At first I thought that the Rams could have Whitworth as a plan B in case Noteboom leaves. But in reality I believe it is Whitworth who will be making his decision without regard to Boom. I believe some team will overpay for Noteboom's services and he will be gone, but only the Rams know what Noteboom's true value is to the team. However, even if Big Whit retires, I still hope the Rams ask him to consider playing IF Noteboom leaves. Left tackle is too important and whoever starts they still need depth (Jackson? Edwards?).

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Agreed. At first I thought that the Rams could have Whitworth as a plan B in case Noteboom leaves. But in reality I believe it is Whitworth who will be making his decision without regard to Boom. I believe some team will overpay for Noteboom's services and he will be gone, but only the Rams know what Noteboom's true value is to the team. However, even if Big Whit retires, I still hope the Rams ask him to consider playing IF Noteboom leaves. Left tackle is too important and whoever starts they still need depth (Jackson? Edwards?).
Yeah, I thought about this that he might be willing to come back as a mentor to Jackson for a yr if they cant get Noteboom done. Could be why he is waiting.