Pro Day Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I think building a foundation is important, but you need some guys with an edge to them to avoid having a team that is too soft.
As long as said guys run 4.4, and are big as hell....LOL....JK, but I feel ya.

Now, I'm gonna get into the meat of this....As I drive around my great city...I see sadness...poverty...just crazy stuff. LA...now Orange Co...aka...the OC. It seems there is a significant amount of the population that loves animals...yet can see homelessness, poor hospitals, poor schools...and turn a blind eye...
I love dogs too...have owned more than most. Sold a few too...and saw how they are treated by regular guys...animal shelters....and some weirdos...but, those are their dogs..not mine.

Seriously, I'm a big time dog lover, so this would be a tough one. I don't know the details, but yeah.

As many have mentioned, I'm an animal lover and would never want an animal beater on this team. For me, there's underlying issues in that. PASS
There are underlying issues in everything.

I just included you guys in here because you stated you love dogs...My main question, do you love dogs more than you love people? Specifically, would you rather...lets go extreme, would you rather Zamora NEVER work again....or just never work in the NFL?

Does your love of canines extend to other animals? Like cows...or pigs...or cats...or birds? How about insects? How about plants? Just curious....And another main point...is your love of animals, the same, more, or less for your fellow man? I mean...I'm sure you see homelessness...I'm sure you've seen children without guidance/direction running around doing who knows what...and, do you step in, with your love of your fellow man, and do something?

Last question...don't answer if you don't want to....don't answer any if it doesn't flip your boat...How do you feel about your country? Like do you like the Pres? You heard about the bombing...you agree?

I have an interesting perspective on dogs, I spoke about it in the introduce yourself....I love working dogs...I look at dogs differently than some. I hate someone beating a dog....Beating anything...I also disagree on the raising of dogs by some. I hate a owner that sits a dog up in the house....never going outside...I hate to see a dog that never gets to go to a park or beach...I don't think any dog likes isolation...they are social animals....It's why they were easy to domesticate...the wolf I mean.

On the other hand, I hate to see a dog do his business on my lawn....and the owner pick it up with plastic...I'm into micro-fecal matter could transfer from my lawn, to the bottom of my shoe, to my house...That's me...I hate hearing a constantly barking dog...especially at night...I hate seeing a dog on a choke collar...That's cruel to me...I also don't like the electric style zapper collars, and any form of trying to stop annoying behavior besides hard work & determination.

Am I weird? Maybe....I stopped stepping on spiders...and spraying bug spray just to kill any crawling thing years ago...

But one thing I can't understand...Is how some people NEVER wanna forgive others...Even if it was an accident. I'm pretty sure Zamora won't ever beat another dog again...I'm also pretty sure if he makes it in the NFL, he'll do more for some charity than most of the people that read this post. His story will also educate others, and in so doing, probably prevent another uninformed young dog owner to not beat his dog if he messes in the house.

Ram65

Legend
I am a dog guy. It's unfortunate that some people treat dogs inhumane. No excuses but, if he understands how wrong it is now I would draft him. This could e an isolated incident.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But one thing I can't understand...Is how some people NEVER wanna forgive others...Even if it was an accident. I'm pretty sure Zamora won't ever beat another dog again...I'm also pretty sure if he makes it in the NFL, he'll do more for some charity than most of the people that read this post. His story will also educate others, and in so doing, probably prevent another uninformed young dog owner to not beat his dog if he messes in the house
Well said

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
As long as said guys run 4.4, and are big as hell....LOL....JK, but I feel ya.

Now, I'm gonna get into the meat of this....As I drive around my great city...I see sadness...poverty...just crazy stuff. LA...now Orange Co...aka...the OC. It seems there is a significant amount of the population that loves animals...yet can see homelessness, poor hospitals, poor schools...and turn a blind eye...
I love dogs too...have owned more than most. Sold a few too...and saw how they are treated by regular guys...animal shelters....and some weirdos...but, those are their dogs..not mine.

There are underlying issues in everything.

I just included you guys in here because you stated you love dogs...My main question, do you love dogs more than you love people? Specifically, would you rather...lets go extreme, would you rather Zamora NEVER work again....or just never work in the NFL?

Does your love of canines extend to other animals? Like cows...or pigs...or cats...or birds? How about insects? How about plants? Just curious....And another main point...is your love of animals, the same, more, or less for your fellow man? I mean...I'm sure you see homelessness...I'm sure you've seen children without guidance/direction running around doing who knows what...and, do you step in, with your love of your fellow man, and do something?

Last question...don't answer if you don't want to....don't answer any if it doesn't flip your boat...How do you feel about your country? Like do you like the Pres? You heard about the bombing...you agree?

I have an interesting perspective on dogs, I spoke about it in the introduce yourself....I love working dogs...I look at dogs differently than some. I hate someone beating a dog....Beating anything...I also disagree on the raising of dogs by some. I hate a owner that sits a dog up in the house....never going outside...I hate to see a dog that never gets to go to a park or beach...I don't think any dog likes isolation...they are social animals....It's why they were easy to domesticate...the wolf I mean.

On the other hand, I hate to see a dog do his business on my lawn....and the owner pick it up with plastic...I'm into micro-fecal matter could transfer from my lawn, to the bottom of my shoe, to my house...That's me...I hate hearing a constantly barking dog...especially at night...I hate seeing a dog on a choke collar...That's cruel to me...I also don't like the electric style zapper collars, and any form of trying to stop annoying behavior besides hard work & determination.

Am I weird? Maybe....I stopped stepping on spiders...and spraying bug spray just to kill any crawling thing years ago...

But one thing I can't understand...Is how some people NEVER wanna forgive others...Even if it was an accident. I'm pretty sure Zamora won't ever beat another dog again...I'm also pretty sure if he makes it in the NFL, he'll do more for some charity than most of the people that read this post. His story will also educate others, and in so doing, probably prevent another uninformed young dog owner to not beat his dog if he messes in the house.
Zamora has a right to work, and I don't care what field if he can do the job. I wouldn't hire him. That is my preference, but if I knew the guy, if he showed remorse, if he NOW knows what he did was wrong, maybe he was raised that way, it could change my perspective. In my experience, people that do nasty things, are generally nasty people.

My dog is a working dog. He loves to play, loves to swim, and loves people. I do like him more than some people, for sure. I don't want to really get into the politics of all the things you have listed, but I help people in need, when I can. I stated earlier that I hope the guy changes. I detest domestic violence, and child abuse in about every form. I volunteered a large period of my life to coaching, and mentoring kids. Nobody is perfect, I certainly have flaws.

It's bad PR, the kind we don't need, and who's to say he will make it in the NFL anyhow? I don't know all the details, and how or if he has changed, but a guy like Mixon, what he did, and Hardy, if it was up to me, it's not, they wouldn't be anywhere near my team. There are things that can't be excused, and I'm not saying his case is that, but some of these guys, no thanks.

Ram Pat

Rookie
I prefer more of the four pillars than what Fisher ran. There aren't too many bad eggs on the Patriots and they are all hardworking team oriented players. The few that are jerks either get shipped out, cut or aren't invited back.

GSOT didn't have many assholes either. I think that character is a contributing factor to team success.
Or signing a extension $$, then going to prison on a double-murder charge

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Or signing a extension $$, then going to prison on a double-murder charge

Triple-murder, actually. One was of Odin Lloyd, in which he got life without parole. Then the double-murder charge.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
No way in hell do I want that icehole on my favorite team. I don't care if he becomes the best receiver in NFL history. I don't want to be forced to cheer for him.

Besides McVay's is changing the culture. Zamora doesn't fit with that plan.

May I ask what that Culture is? Do you know something we don't?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

We all saw what that culture was when many guys on the team quit last year before the end of the season.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Bringing in real pros-team players, letting Britt and Quick walk. Maybe you can call it a change to a winning culture. I don't think a dog beater would be a likely team first selfless type of player. That act is pretty callous and not the kind of action of a winner. It is as bad as domestic abuse in my book.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Bringing in real pros-team players, letting Britt and Quick walk. Maybe you can call it a change to a winning culture. I don't think a dog beater would be a likely team first selfless type of player. That act is pretty callous and not the kind of action of a winner. It is as bad as domestic abuse in my book.

In addition to Quick & Britt, they also let Kendricks & Cunningham walk. These 2 were always prepared and worked hard, were professional at their job. So, how would we know why? It could be anything from not being good enough for the new regime, not a scheme fit, bad attitude / locker room cancer. Now, I will agree with "change to a winning culture". That is more clearly defined.
I think it is presumptuous for us fans to say what we think the Teams new culture is when the Head Coach hasn't spoken specifically about it publicly. How do we know that the Rams haven't attempted to vet Zamora?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In addition to Quick & Britt, they also let Kendricks & Cunningham walk. These 2 were always prepared and worked hard, were professional at their job. So, how would we know why? It could be anything from not being good enough for the new regime, not a scheme fit, bad attitude / locker room cancer. Now, I will agree with "change to a winning culture". That is more clearly defined.
I think it is presumptuous for us fans to say what we think the Teams new culture is when the Head Coach hasn't spoken specifically about it publicly. How do we know that the Rams haven't attempted to vet Zamora?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/14/mcvay-rams-will-be-built-on-character/
http://www.espn.com/blog/los-angele...coach-rams-players-hope-to-change-the-culture

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter

Jrry32, thanks for posting the link of the PFT article. I was unaware of it's existence. With that being said, and after reading the article, it seems that they are looking more for character based on players having a professional, winning, team first attitude.

"“[W]e know that before we can become a consistent winner, we have to act like winners – and that starts with implementing a culture,” McCoy said. “So we want to set a culture, maintain a culture and then that’s going to allow us to achieve that sustained success. The similarities in what we believed we needed to implement in this organization — creating a culture of we, not me — are the things that really excited me about the opportunity to work with [COO] Kevin [Demoff] and [G.M.] Les [Snead].”

“[W]hat does a Ram look like, what do we want our tape to look like? A Ram, for us, they’re going to be mentally and physically tough players that are smart and love to compete. And our tape is our resume and we know that. But, in order to be able to put out that product that our fans deserve, that we want to see that’s going to give us a chance to compete and win games week-in and week-out, we’ve got to be committed to that process and that standard of performance. And that’s something that we will be doing.”

This last quote talks about a "standard of performance". So, I really don't see anything here that would make Elmgrove think that McVay would definitely NOT consider a player like Zamora.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jrry32, thanks for posting the link of the PFT article. I was unaware of it's existence. With that being said, and after reading the article, it seems that they are looking more for character based on players having a professional, winning, team first attitude.

"“[W]e know that before we can become a consistent winner, we have to act like winners – and that starts with implementing a culture,” McCoy said. “So we want to set a culture, maintain a culture and then that’s going to allow us to achieve that sustained success. The similarities in what we believed we needed to implement in this organization — creating a culture of we, not me — are the things that really excited me about the opportunity to work with [COO] Kevin [Demoff] and [G.M.] Les [Snead].”

“[W]hat does a Ram look like, what do we want our tape to look like? A Ram, for us, they’re going to be mentally and physically tough players that are smart and love to compete. And our tape is our resume and we know that. But, in order to be able to put out that product that our fans deserve, that we want to see that’s going to give us a chance to compete and win games week-in and week-out, we’ve got to be committed to that process and that standard of performance. And that’s something that we will be doing.”

This last quote talks about a "standard of performance". So, I really don't see anything here that would make Elmgrove think that McVay would definitely NOT consider a player like Zamora.

I don't think you can ever fully rule a player out. I would love the Rams to draft Zamora, but I don't see it happening. If you look at the FAs we've signed, they're more team captain high-effort players than anything (Whitworth, Barwin, Woods, etc.).

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Leonard Little was a repentant A-hole....As bad as I don't like DUI's, he didn't consciously kill someone. This A-hole, had so little humanity within him to abuse an animal that trusted him. I am not unbiased in this, because I raise dogs...Just fukk him in the azz with a crowbar....

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

I knew I heard or read it somewhere but couldn't remember where. Thanks @jrry32 for posting links.

8-12, how does McVay's say it any differently, without offending people like Fisher and Williams, and players Just read between the lines and it says that "this team was full of poor effort losers with me first attitudes. It is our plan to change that.".

Bad character guys are basically selfish people that act in the moment with regard for only what they want. That doesn't seem like it fits with what McVay's is trying to do. Kroenke wants the Rams to be Patriots west. I believe that would have been brought up to him at some point, and throwing out some malcontent trash along with a few guys that don't fit the scheme is a good start.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This isn't technically from Pro Days, but I still think it's pretty impressive (took this from another poster on a draft website):
10-yard splits
Sean Lee — 1.54
Anthony Barr — 1.57
Luke Kuechly — 1.57
Telvin Smith — 1.57
Bobby Wagner — 1.57
Jordan Willis — 1.57
Vic Beasley — 1.59
Tyus Bowser — 1.59
Haason Reddick — 1.59
T.J. Watt — 1.59
Lavonte David — 1.60
Von Miller – 1.62
Jamie Collins — 1.64
Thomas Davis — 1.64
Khalil Mack — 1.64
K.J. Wright — 1.66
Shaq Thompson — 1.69

Short shuttle
Thomas Davis — 4.01
Von Miller — 4.06
Shaq Thompson — 4.08
Luke Kuechly — 4.12
T.J. Watt — 4.13
Vic Beasley — 4.15

Sean Lee — 4.16
Khalil Mack — 4.18
Anthony Barr — 4.19
Lavonte David — 4.22
Bobby Wagner — 4.28
Jordan Willis — 4.28
Zach Cunningham — 4.29
Jamie Collins — 4.32
K.J. Wright — 4.35
Haason Reddick — 4.37
Telvin Smith — 4.57

Three cone
Von Miller — 6.70
Tyus Bowser — 6.75
T.J. Watt — 6.79
Anthony Barr — 6.82
Jordan Willis — 6.85
Sean Lee — 6.89
Vic Beasley — 6.91
Luke Kuechly — 6.92
Shaq Thompson — 6.99
Haason Reddick — 7.01
Zach Cunningham — 7.03
Telvin Smith — 7.04
Khalil Mack — 7.08
Jamie Collins — 7.10
Thomas Davis — 7.10
Bobby Wagner — 7.10
K.J. Wright — 7.21
Lavonte David — 7.28

Vertical jump
Jamie Collins — 41.5
Vic Beasley — 41
Khalil Mack — 40

Bobby Wagner — 39.5
Jordan Willis — 39
Luke Kuechly — 38
Tyus Bowser — 37.5
Sean Lee — 37.5
Von Miller — 37
T.J. Watt — 37

Lavonte David — 36.5
Thomas Davis — 36.5
Haason Reddick — 36.5
Zach Cunningham — 35
Anthony Barr — 34.5
K.J. Wright — 34
Shaq Thompson — 33.5
Telvin Smith — 31.5

Broad jump
Jamie Collins — 11-7
Haason Reddick — 11-1
Bobby Wagner — 11-0
Vic Beasley — 10-10
Khalil Mack — 10-8
T.J. Watt — 10-8

Tyus Bowser — 10-6
Von Miller — 10-6
Anthony Barr — 10-5
Zach Cunningham — 10-5
Jordan Willis — 10-5
Luke Kuechly — 10-3
Sean Lee — 10-0
K.J. Wright — 10-0
Lavonte David — 9-11
Telvin Smith — 9-11
Shaq Thompson — 9-9
Thomas Davis — 9-7

Size
Anthony Barr — 255
Jordan Willis — 255
T.J. Watt — 252
Khalil Mack — 251

Jamie Collins — 250
Tyus Bowser — 247
Vic Beasley — 246
Von Miller — 246

K.J. Wright — 246
Luke Kuechly — 242
Bobby Wagner — 241
Haason Reddick — 237
Sean Lee — 236
Zach Cunningham — 234
Lavonte David — 233
Thomas Davis — 230
Shaq Thompson — 228
Telvin Smith — 218

T.J. Watt's measurables are pretty damn amazing.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Leonard Little was a repentant A-hole....As bad as I don't like DUI's, he didn't consciously kill someone. This A-hole, had so little humanity within him to abuse an animal that trusted him. I am not unbiased in this, because I raise dogs...Just fukk him in the azz with a crowbar....
Repentant? Little did get behind the wheel again while under the influence, and only got off because of a technicality.
As for Zamora, I haven't seen the video so cant really pass judgment.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Saw this on reddit and didn't want to start it's own thread for it but somebody posted some of Sports Science's finding from their system.

Sports Science compares Texas A&M WR Josh Reynolds to DeVante Parker.

According to Sports Science, Deshaun Watson has the fastest release (.35) in the class. Equivalent to Aaron Rodgers.

According to Sports Science, John Ross and Dalvin Cook had the same 20-yard split in pads: 2.67.

Sports Science compares Dalvin Cook to Devonta Freeman.

According to Sports Science, Alvin Kamara has a max vert of 45. Would be the highest vert at the NBA Combine.

According to Sports Science, Washington WR John Ross compares to DeSean Jackson. Shocker.

According to Sports Science, Miami TE David Njoku has a max vert of 44.5. The second highest they've ever recorded.

Sports Science says that Kevin King as a higher max touch than Spurs' Kawhi Leonard.

Sports Science compares Washington CB Kevin King to Brandon Browner.

Sports Science compares Temple LB Haason Reddick to James Harrison. He has the highest grade of any 2017 player.

Sports Science compares Auburn DE/OLB Carl Lawson to Cliff Avril. Graded just below Tim Williams.

Sports Science compares Alabama DE/OLB Tim Williams to Bud Dupree.

According to Sports Science, Tre'Davious White compares to William Gay.

Dalvin "his combine says he's slow" Cook has the 2nd highest speed tested on Sports Science ever. ESPN's sports science measured Cook' top-end at 20.44 mph, 2nd highest they've ever tested.

Sports Science compares Jamaal Adams to Earl Thomas.

According to Sports Science, Miami TE David Njoku compares to Jimmy Graham.

According to Sports Science, Clemson WR Mike Williams compares to A.J. Green. Their metrics loved him.