Prisco's Latest Mock-- Rams Trade Up to #3 for Mariota

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Pete Prisco talks about his latest mock draft where he has the Rams trading up to #3 to get Mariota.

Watch Prisco Talk Rams Trade Up

===================

2015 NFL Mock Draft 5.0: Gregory stays at No. 5 despite positive test
By Pete Prisco
March 31, 2015 10:49 am ET
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...0-gregory-stays-at-no-5-despite-positive-test
As we head into April with Mock Draft No. 5, there aren't a lot of changes from last time. In fact, I still have Nebraska's Randy Gregory at No 5, despite his admission to testing positive for marijuana at the scouting combine. Hey, pass rushers are hard to find.
I am also keeping the Rams-Jaguars trade alive this time, with the Rams going up to No. 3 to select Oregon quarterback Marcus Mariota.
There are so many opinions on Mariota in the scouting community it's tough to spot him in any mock. He could go No. 2 or fall down the board. But in a quarterback-starved league, the likelihood is that he goes sooner rather than later.
1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Florida State QB Jameis Winston: The Bucs are putting in a lot of work on the kid. I believe he is their choice and only an off-field misstep would change it.
2. Tennessee Titans -- USC DE Leonard Williams: I don't believe they take the quarterback. So they settle for the best player in the draft to amp up the defense.
3. St. Louis Rams (From Jacksonville Jaguars): Oregon QB Marcus Mariota: I will keep this trade alive. It just makes sense. The Jaguars add more picks and the Rams get a shot at a franchise passer.
4. Oakland Raiders -- West Virginia WR Kevin White: His big-play ability would be a great addition to this offense. White fits the Raiders better than Amari Cooper.
5. Washington Redskins -- Nebraska OLB Randy Gregory: This outside pass rush needs a young player to be the elite edge player. Gregory admitted he tested positive for marijuana at the combine, so that's an issue. His talent is not.
6. New York Jets -- Florida OLB Dante Fowler Jr.: Their pass rush lacks a dynamic edge player. Fowler has a chance to be that guy.
7. Chicago Bears -- Alabama WR Amari Cooper: They've improved the defense with some recent bargain signings, which means they can focus on a receiver to pair with Alshon Jeffrey.
8. Atlanta Falcons -- Clemson OLB Vic Beasley: When you look at their defense, where's the great rusher? New coach Dan Quinn needs help.
9. New York Giants -- Iowa OL Brandon Scherff: I will stick with a lineman here, a guy who can play guard and tackle. I think he looks more like a guard.
10. Jacksonville Jaguars (From St. Louis Rams) -- Kentucky DE Alvin "Bud" Dupree: Here's another team that needs an edge rusher in the worst way, Dupree could learn from Chris Clemons for a year and then take the lead role.
11. Minnesota Vikings -- Alabama S Landon Collins: I continue to put him in this spot to pair with Harrison Smith. Taylor Mays, who they just signed, doesn't change that.
12. Cleveland Browns -- Louisville WR DeVante Parker: Even with acquisitions of Brian Hartline and Dwayne Bowe, they need more help. Parker would be a welcome addition.
13. New Orleans Saints -- Missouri OLB Shane Ray: I will keep Ray in this spot this week, although they are talking with Anthony Spencer. That wouldn't even change this for me.
14. Miami Dolphins -- Michigan State CB Trae Waynes: They add a corner to pair with Brent Grimes, who isn't a kid either. Waynes is a polished man-cover player.
15. San Francisco 49ers -- Washington CB Marcus Peters: They lost Chris Culliver in free agency, so adding a corner is a priority. Peters has had some character issues, but he's a talent.
16. Houston Texans -- Arizona State WR Jaelen Strong: They get a big-bodied receiver to take over for Andre Johnson. He is different from what they have in terms of size.
17. San Diego Chargers -- Oklahoma WR Dorial Green-Beckham: I will keep him here this week. They have to get some weapons for Philip Rivers. Maybe to keep the QB around?
18. Kansas City Chiefs -- Pittsburgh T T.J. Clemmings: Their line always seems to be in need of an upgrade. Clemmings has a ton of athletic ability.
19. Cleveland Browns -- Washington DT Danny Shelton: They have to get more stout in the middle of the defense. This kid can do that.
20. Philadelphia Eagles -- Virginia OLB Eli Harold: Last week, Chip Kelly said fixing the defense is the top priority. They have to get better coming off the edge.
Ronald Darby's draft stock is on the rise. (Getty Images) Ronald Darby's draft stock is on the rise. (Getty Images)
21. Cincinnati Bengals -- Florida State DT Eddie Goldman: It's time they get a big, young inside player to complement Geno Atkins. Goldman is a 310-pounder who can help against the run.
22. Pittsburgh Steelers -- Florida State CB Ronald Darby: Their corner situation is a mess, and a lot of scouts are really talking up this kid.
23. Detroit Lions -- LSU CB Jalen Collins: Rashean Mathis is back, but he is up in years. They need to get a young corner to groom.
24. Arizona Cardinals -- Wisconsin RB Melvin Gordon: You know Bruce Arians wants to run the ball better, and Gordon would be a great fit. Or would they take a chance on Todd Gurley?
25. Carolina Panthers -- Florida T D.J. Humphries: This is a kid who has a chance to be a special player if he pulls it all together. Cam Newton would love that.
26. Baltimore Ravens -- Central Florida WR Breshad Perriman: With Torrey Smith taking his deep speed to the 49ers, this is a kid with the speed to replace that ability to stretch the field.
27. Dallas Cowboys -- Texas DT Malcom Brown: With Greg Hardy added outside, Brown would be a great fit inside.
28. Denver Broncos -- Stanford T Andrus Peat: John Elway takes a player from his school to help fix the line. Peat played left tackle for the Cardinal, but I think he could go to the right side.
29. Indianapolis Colts -- Oklahoma DT Jordan Phillips: He would go a long way to helping to fix the run-game issues.
30. Green Bay Packers -- Wake Forest CB Kevin Johnson: They lost two corners in free agency, so adding one makes sense. Johnson is a kid scouts have started to say will go in the first round.
31. New Orleans Saints (From Seattle Seahawks) -- Minnesota TE Maxx Williams: I will keep him in this spot. It makes too much sense with the big hole at tight end with the trade of Jimmy Graham.
32. New England Patriots -- Florida State G Cameron Erving: He can play guard and center and we know how the Patriots love that versatility.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
3. St. Louis Rams (From Jacksonville Jaguars): Oregon QB Marcus Mariota: I will keep this trade alive. It just makes sense. The Jaguars add more picks and the Rams get a shot at a franchise passer.
I think the cost of trading up 7 spots would be prohibitive. And with our O-Line needs I, personally, don't like it!!

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Am I crazy or should the Titans consider Mariota and/or Winston with their second pick? They've got Mettenberger who played in 7 games last year and their depth after that isn't very good. Their backup is Charlie Whitehurst, he's literally known as clipboard Jesus. It's a forgone conclusion that they are talking Williams at number 2 in pretty much every mock draft. There is nothing wrong with that but I would think that they'd at least explore their options at the QB position.

If Mettenberger is their guy, great. But they still need to find a way to upgrade that position.