Prisco/Quinn Rams vs. Cowboys Preview

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Prisco/Quinn Rams vs. Cowboys Preview –Video

Brady Quinn and Pete Prisco break down Rams vs. Cowboys. They both think the Cowboys have the edge and have concerns about the Rams defense.

Watch Rams vs Cowboys Preview

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
IMO, I think this is a fair assessment hoping Big Rob stonewalls Lawrence, but Prescott running concerns me because of his legs, they are huge and he's tough to bring down add in Cody Davis and bad angles and colored me concerned, but I feel Rams can expose Dallas and their secondary, however, defense has to do something espcecially limiting the big plays from WR Brice Butler.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
If the rams can keep Dak in the Box and don't let Zeke get out-side, the Rams well Win this game! I have no concerns about our Offence putting up Points!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
IMO, I think this is a fair assessment hoping Big Rob stonewalls Lawrence, but Prescott running concerns me because of his legs, they are huge and he's tough to bring down add in Cody Davis and bad angles and colored me concerned, but I feel Rams can expose Dallas and their secondary, however, defense has to do something espcecially limiting the big plays from WR Brice Butler.
Why name reserve safety Cody Davis here when it's been Safety Mo Alexander as the starter who has been a day late if he arrives at all & when he does arrive it's a whiff?

Yes I have some additional concerns here den but Dak should be able to waltz by in a slow scamper underneath Rob Quinn's rush all afternoon. That's my biggest fear here this Sunday.

Last edited:

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wade had 10 days to prepare . Cowbots gonna feel the pain. Go rams !
Yeah... if that defense looks like the one that showed up against SF after 10 days of rest and preparedness, I will be concerned.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
If the rams can keep Dak in the Box and don't let Zeke get out-side, the Rams well Win this game! I have no concerns about our Offence putting up Points!

Dak won't be the only one getting runs after people going in line for the Jumbo Jack

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe it's just me, but does anyone else find it hilarious to hear NFL Bust QB's critiquing Goff about anything?

Dude, you're a bust..STFU.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Also, Lawrence did this against that suck-assed RT tackle of the Cards.....Why no context about that matchup, instead just the "Lawrence is a monster" narrative? All we hear about the Rams in the macro and micro sense is, "they did great but look who they played..."

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian

meh. We've kind of said similar before the last 2 games. I'm worried.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy

The Dak running could be an absolute dagger. It could also be a silver lining. This is the first running threat QB we are facing. That is going to force Barwin and Quinn to contain the edge. I think the 10 days is going to be a big benefit for this defensive line. They need to play smart situational football and just execute the game plan. Not having Lamarcus hurts, and possibly Cody Davis. I'm happy to have Webster back.

Could we see some Barron at SS. Alexander at FS. and Cory Littleton in the game at inside linebacker?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

fingers crossed. at least just be competent. if they can hold them to 20 points i'm confident the offense can score more than that.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
This is the first running threat QB we are facing. That is going to force Barwin and Quinn to contain the edge.

You make some good points. But you've frightened me, haha.
Are you saying Barwin and Quinn were not concerned with containing the edge in the first 3 games?
:)

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
You make some good points. But you've frightened me, haha.
Are you saying Barwin and Quinn were not concerned with containing the edge in the first 3 games?
:)

I am not sure about their concern. But they certainly haven't been doing so. But in all honesty I think the defensive line has been attacking too much and not containing their assignment. I do side with those that can see the slow down in Barwin but he is a captain, and I know he is having an affect on some of our younger players.

I still believe Quinn can be a beast. Smith has given him fits in the past but Smith just doesn't look himself this year. We will see on this matchup.

From what Cowboys have shown so far this season, their right side of the line has also been struggling.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The truth is, the Rams should scare the shyte out of the Cowboys and their fans, if they know anything at all. They are about to face a team with only three games of tape out there, because last years tape is obsolete. They KNOW we can score lots of points, and they hope our defense is a dumpsterfire (it won't be). They don't know if they can keep up with us. They don't know that it won't be easy pickings for their Dline to sack the QB. This game will establish a sense that the Ram';s offense can't be stopped...Let us say a warrior's psalm together......

I walk in the shadow of the valley of death,
I will fear no evil, for we are the baddest motherf*ckers in the valley...

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2017/...ams-cowboys-raiders-broncos-contender-clarity

Rams vs. Cowboys
The Question: Are … uh … these teams good?

What We Can Learn This Sunday: I want to talk about Jeff Fisher for a second. Fisher, who went 31–45 in nearly five seasons coaching the Rams, never helped them build an offense that finished better than 21st in the league.

Last season, the unit bottomed out and was dead last in the NFL in points. Now new Rams coach Sean McVay, who installed schemes that can be vaguely defined as “pro football plays,” has Jared Goff and the Rams scoring the most points in the NFL through three weeks. In case you missed it, Goff, the 2016 no. 1 overall pick, looked historically bad last season.

The other quarterback Fisher had last season, who also looked terrible, was Case Keenum, who’s now with the Vikings and was last seen throwing for 369 yards and three touchdowns against the Bucs in Week 3 on his way to a 142.1 QB rating.

Keenum isn’t going to become a star, and Sam Bradford will take back that job as soon as he’s healthy, but Keenum looks like a different player than the one who slogged through a brief Rams career.

Fisher is 59, so I don’t seriously think he’s going to get another head-coaching job (even though it’s been floated) — but I desperately want him to. I’ve often joked about what would happen if Belichick took over any team — would he, for instance, guide the Browns to the playoffs in two seasons? (Probably!) Fisher, we now know, is the exact opposite.

After watching the Rams play under a new coach, I find myself wondering if Fisher could make the Falcons a low-scoring, dull team if he took over right now. We know so little about the NFL, but it’s nice to realize that some things are constants: Yes, yes he would.

So for the Rams, the questions are these: Was Fisher such a bad coach that he just made the Rams look like a talentless blob of a team? Or is McVay such a great coach that he took a talentless blob of a team and made it an offensive juggernaut? Or have the Rams just benefited from playing two horrendous teams, the 49ers and Colts, early?

It’s even harder to figure out what’s happening with the Cowboys, who’ve managed two wins against some bad teams (a win over the 2017 Giants is … not impressive) and suffered a blowout loss to a Denver team that looks inconsistent. Dak Prescott tied a career low for passing attempts in a full game last week against Arizona, with 18, but looked efficient with the ball in his hands, completing 72 percent of his passes.

What worries me is that Ezekiel Elliott’s performance this season (3.5 yards per carry, down from 5.1 last year) has not been good enough to enable Prescott to turn into an efficient dink-and-dunk artist. The Cowboys’ current offense is not sustainable. Either Elliott has to start running like he did in 2016 or Prescott has to start slinging it more times per game.

Either way, we’ve learned something crucial: The Cowboys are not going to be enough of an unstoppable offensive machine to allow them to play mediocre defense. They’re currently 19th in pass defense, a metric that must improve quickly; facing the league’s no. 1 offense this weekend will be a good test.

This isn’t college football, where we have to guess about the value of “good wins” and “bad wins,” because ultimately we find out in the playoffs how ready each team really is. But it’s notable now that I don’t know any more about the Cowboys than I did before the season started.

When Dallas faces Los Angeles’s creative Wade Phillips defense (Wade Phillips revenge game!) that’s better than it’s looked, we’ll finally learn something real.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2017/...ams-cowboys-raiders-broncos-contender-clarity

Rams vs. Cowboys
The Question: Are … uh … these teams good?

What We Can Learn This Sunday: I want to talk about Jeff Fisher for a second. Fisher, who went 31–45 in nearly five seasons coaching the Rams, never helped them build an offense that finished better than 21st in the league.

Last season, the unit bottomed out and was dead last in the NFL in points. Now new Rams coach Sean McVay, who installed schemes that can be vaguely defined as “pro football plays,” has Jared Goff and the Rams scoring the most points in the NFL through three weeks. In case you missed it, Goff, the 2016 no. 1 overall pick, looked historically bad last season.

The other quarterback Fisher had last season, who also looked terrible, was Case Keenum, who’s now with the Vikings and was last seen throwing for 369 yards and three touchdowns against the Bucs in Week 3 on his way to a 142.1 QB rating.

Keenum isn’t going to become a star, and Sam Bradford will take back that job as soon as he’s healthy, but Keenum looks like a different player than the one who slogged through a brief Rams career.

Fisher is 59, so I don’t seriously think he’s going to get another head-coaching job (even though it’s been floated) — but I desperately want him to. I’ve often joked about what would happen if Belichick took over any team — would he, for instance, guide the Browns to the playoffs in two seasons? (Probably!) Fisher, we now know, is the exact opposite.

After watching the Rams play under a new coach, I find myself wondering if Fisher could make the Falcons a low-scoring, dull team if he took over right now. We know so little about the NFL, but it’s nice to realize that some things are constants: Yes, yes he would.

So for the Rams, the questions are these: Was Fisher such a bad coach that he just made the Rams look like a talentless blob of a team? Or is McVay such a great coach that he took a talentless blob of a team and made it an offensive juggernaut? Or have the Rams just benefited from playing two horrendous teams, the 49ers and Colts, early?

It’s even harder to figure out what’s happening with the Cowboys, who’ve managed two wins against some bad teams (a win over the 2017 Giants is … not impressive) and suffered a blowout loss to a Denver team that looks inconsistent. Dak Prescott tied a career low for passing attempts in a full game last week against Arizona, with 18, but looked efficient with the ball in his hands, completing 72 percent of his passes.

What worries me is that Ezekiel Elliott’s performance this season (3.5 yards per carry, down from 5.1 last year) has not been good enough to enable Prescott to turn into an efficient dink-and-dunk artist. The Cowboys’ current offense is not sustainable. Either Elliott has to start running like he did in 2016 or Prescott has to start slinging it more times per game.

Either way, we’ve learned something crucial: The Cowboys are not going to be enough of an unstoppable offensive machine to allow them to play mediocre defense. They’re currently 19th in pass defense, a metric that must improve quickly; facing the league’s no. 1 offense this weekend will be a good test.

This isn’t college football, where we have to guess about the value of “good wins” and “bad wins,” because ultimately we find out in the playoffs how ready each team really is. But it’s notable now that I don’t know any more about the Cowboys than I did before the season started.

When Dallas faces Los Angeles’s creative Wade Phillips defense (Wade Phillips revenge game!) that’s better than it’s looked, we’ll finally learn something real.
Of course, it couldn't be something more nuanced like the Rams are better than just a "blob"? What if some of the Rams players were/are good regardless of Fisher? Then, the author doesn't mention draft picks or FA's,who were not part of last years "blob"?

Simple is, as simple does.

Last edited:

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Everyone talks about how beating the whiners doesnt say much. But wasnt their D considered to be pretty good before that game? And the Rams put 41 points up on them so that has to say something about the Rams O. The downside of that game was that the Rams D let a bad O look good and put up 39 points.