Press Conferences: Todd Gurley, Gregg Williams, Jeff Fisher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Fuck sakes I just watched the Gurley presser. Each passing week this guy is more and more depressed. I know this has been beaten to death, but we need Goff in there. I know you don't wanna ruin Goff by playing him when not ready. But how about ruining Todd? The dude looks bummed as hell right now.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
freak sakes I just watched the Gurley presser. Each passing week this guy is more and more depressed. I know this has been beaten to death, but we need Goff in there. I know you don't wanna ruin Goff by playing him when not ready. But how about ruining Todd? The dude looks bummed as hell right now.

This is a valid concern many posters here, myself included, have mentioned before.

If Fisher thinks he can just trot out literally the league's worst passing offense week after week, season after season, and that things will turn out okay because Gurley and our FG kicker will allow us to squeeze out enough to win some games.... he's a EDIT . Using that plan, it won't be long until your RB is ruined. And you'll still be left with a passing game that's a laughing stock.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
Maybe Gurley had something in his weave he couldn't get out.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
freak sakes I just watched the Gurley presser. Each passing week this guy is more and more depressed. I know this has been beaten to death, but we need Goff in there. I know you don't wanna ruin Goff by playing him when not ready. But how about ruining Todd? The dude looks bummed as hell right now.

I have noticed in most all of his interviews the same kind of thing you're sensing JackD.. He seems depressed and not having fun his sophomore season.. I understand his frustration based on his own personal expectations and how much he wants to help this team win. I hope we are reading too much into what we perceive him as to being depressed?

I posted this in another thread...........

The scheme, passing game, Boras and the O-Line not winning their assignments has been pondered over and over for weeks now.

On many plays where Gurley has had some creases/gaps to run through, he appears many times to not be sure of himself and is forcing the issue for that big run of 20 plus yards.

He looks to be running mad/frustrated like he's upset that he's not living up to his hype and is letting his teammates down.

This mentality would clearly affect a RB's ability to see plays on the Line develop a split second before they happen or sense that the play is going to be shut down so best to just bulldoze forward through for the highest percentage tiny opening/gap and get the sure 1 or 2 yard gain.

The special backs only need one or two opportunities in a game to break off the long gainer. Why? because their God given instincts, patience and vision gives them the ABILITY TO SEE THE LINE BLOCKING AND MOVING PIECES OF THE DEFENSE IN SLOW MOTION on many of their carries.

Gurley's opportunities have been slim pickings but the special RB's even with poor O-Line blocking, have that unique vision balanced with patience and instincts to find those elusive gaps or timely cut back lanes that usually go for a long gain. Not every single game but more often than not.

Gurley showed that special ability too many times in 2015 to accept these last 5 games as acceptable no matter how crappy this O-Line has been.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I feel bad for the guy. Look at all the RBs ahead of him this year. It probably makes him sick. He's by far the most talented runner in this league.

Btw, how fair is it that Zek Elliott went from having an amazing line college to an even better one in the pros? The guy is decent don't get me wrong. But all he fucking does is run straight and doesn't get touched until 10 yards down the field.

EasyE

Starter
Gurley just looks sooo uncomfortable ...but Faulk also was kind of introverted, so there is hope!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Too lazy to look it up....who were Greg Williams' OC's in Buffalo when he was a HC?

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ehh, this is just a speculation and i dont think it matters much. Maybe we're projecting. Gurley never came off as an interview happy anyway.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Todd is definitely upset by his production but he is a team guy and is going to keep himself in check.

It is a great example of how offense takes 11 guys executing to do well. Get that OL and the skills guys to give him a crease here and there and the conversation is about long TD runs vice defenses stacking the box.

Right now our line is more proficient at pass pro. They just gotta get medieval up in there and give TG what he needs.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Todds interview depressed me, anyone have an extra Xanax and maybe some head and shoulders?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Too lazy to look it up....who were Greg Williams' OC's in Buffalo when he was a HC?
Mike Sheppard the 1st year who has been a 1 year OC 4 times for 4 different HC. And Kevin Gilbride the last 2 years.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title

This is a valid concern many posters here, myself included, have mentioned before.

If Fisher thinks he can just trot out literally the league's worst passing offense week after week, season after season, and that things will turn out okay because Gurley and our FG kicker will allow us to squeeze out enough to win some games

I have noticed in most all of his interviews the same kind of thing you're sensing JackD.. He seems depressed and not having fun his sophomore season.. I understand his frustration based on his own personal expectations and how much he wants to help this team win. I hope we are reading too much into what we perceive him as to being depressed?

I feel bad for the guy. Look at all the RBs ahead of him this year. It probably makes him sick. He's by far the most talented runner in this league.

Gurley just looks sooo uncomfortable
Definitely something we should keep an eye on....If we can keep winning, it should be ok....anything else....check that Eric Dickerson article from years ago.....

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
@OntarioRam I clicked inappropriate for your post because here we don't refer to Fisher or any member of the Rams, whether coaches or players as "a fuking moron." That's not our thing.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Todd is definitely upset by his production but he is a team guy and is going to keep himself in check.

It is a great example of how offense takes 11 guys executing to do well. Get that OL and the skills guys to give him a crease here and there and the conversation is about long TD runs vice defenses stacking the box.

Right now our line is more proficient at pass pro. They just gotta get medieval up in there and give TG what he needs.
I like the idea of our Team getting " Medievil" on Opponants!! Lets see them go to the Line and tell the guys in front of them ...
View attachment 17118