Presently NO NFL Team Starts A QB Not Drafted.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Kurt Warner wasn't drafted either.

Brady was almost undrafted as well.. Honestly the draft means squat. Even Aaron Rodgers was picked at the end of the first round lol.

You telling Mahomes, Brady, Wilson, wouldn't go 1st respectably at every draft they were in that year if people knew what they were gonna turn out to be? Even AD the best DT to ever play the game went 15th. lol.

Again Draft mean nothing, it's all hype driven by the NFL media marketing. Most players flop out or never perform to their draft status. Goff / Wentz/ Bradford ....need i go on?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
William Jeffrey Hostetler was 6'3 215lbs and could bench press 400lbs...I'm betting no on that.
I was sticking with the undrafted QB theme.
I'm going with the comparison of the QB with no experience, Hostetler started 2 games, and had thrown only 70 passes in 5 years before taking over for Phil Simms near the end of the 1990 season. Many had doubts the Giants would go any where once #11 went down. Thats the familiarity Im looking for.
It wasnt pretty, but Hoss got it done, along with dominant defense and a back up RB-
Ya dig?

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
William Jeffrey Hostetler was 6'3 215lbs and could bench press 400lbs...I'm betting no on that. I understand you're not comparing size, just how they play, but I'm thinking Doug Flutie and the Rams actually drafted Flutie and maybe a little Drew Brees too.
View attachment 42407
That picture reminds me of one I took of the Chargers QBs against the Rams in 2010. We were close to the field and I couldn't believe how massive all three of them were.
ChargersQBs.jpg

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Me too!
I noted in his interview with the press, he seems extremely smart and football savvy. He has put in the hard work, stays late, appreciates his opportunity and always shows up prepared. I'm hoping we are in a much better backup situation than we think. Stranger things have happened.

I'm more concerned about his "supporting cast"..............btw, who are the supporting cast?

Memphis Ram

Legend
And most of those are 1st or 2nd rounders, and of those it's mostly the first rounders that make the biggest impact.
Of course they get the longest leash, too. Chance after chance after chance.

Last edited: