Presently NO NFL Team Starts A QB Not Drafted.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Not dicounting some of the backups filling in for the starters, however, no NFL Team Number 1 Signal Caller is an UDFA and many of them are first round picks. Dak Prescott was a 4th round selection, so is Kirk Cousins and besides Tom Brady, he represents the lowest pick of all the starters around the league...The Jaguars had Minshew a 6th round pick and now are rolling with Mike Glennon a third round pick, but soon, Trevor Lawrence will be taking his talents to Jacksonville.

That is why I'm not so hyped about John Wolford, there was a time, it happened with the likes of Kurt Warner & Tony Romo for example, but the present day NFL does not usually showcase a rags to riches signal caller and I'm quite sure little John, will not change the landscape of the National Football League. So IMO, again, if the Rams are to improve in this area, it's going to take a savvy draft choice that puts some pressure on Jared Goff and maybe Goff can reinvent himself in the offseason.

1. Arizona (Kyler Murray First Round)
  2. Baltimore (Lamar Jackson Frist Round)
  3. Atlanta (Matt Ryan First Round)
  4. Buffalo Bills (Josh Allen First Round)
  5. Carolina (Teddy Bridgewater First Round)
  6. Chicago (Mitch Trubisky First Round)
  7. Cincinnati (Joe Burrow First Round)
  8. Cleveland (Baker Mayfield Frist Round)
  9. Dallas (Dak Prescott fourth round)
  10. Denver (Drew Lock second round)
  11. Detroit (Matthew Stafford first round)
  12. Green Bay (Aaron Rodgers first round)
  13. Houston (DeShawn Watson first Round)
  14. Indy (Phillip Rivers first round)
  15. Jacksonville (Mike Glennon third round)
  16. Kansas City (Patty Mahomes first round)
  17. Las Vegas (Derek Carr second round)
  18. Charger (Justin Herbert first round)
  19. Miami (Tua first round)
  20. Minnesota (Kirk Cousins fourth round)
  21. New Englans (Cam Newton first round)
  22. New Orleans (Drew Brees second round)
  23. Giants (Daniel Jones first round)
  24. Jets (Sam Darnold first round)
  25. Philadelphia (Justin Hurts second round)
  26. Pittsburgh (Ben Roethlisburger first Round)
  27. San Fran (Jimmy G second round)
  28. Seattle (Russel Wilson third round)
  29. Tampa Bay (Tom Brady Sixth Round)
  30. Tennessee (Ryan Tannehill first round)
  31. Washington (Alex Smith first round)

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Hey with the way Goff played last week, we can't get much worse..... knocking on some wood here.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mullens was undrafted and was more or less the 49ers QB this season & Kyle Allen, also undrafted, would be the Redskins QB had he not gotten hurt. Its surely a rarity but still a place for a guy who's legit

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Mullens was undrafted and was more or less the 49ers QB this season & Kyle Allen, also undrafted, would be the Redskins QB had he not gotten hurt. Its surely a rarity but still a place for a guy who's legit

IDK about Mullens he has a short lease as they've replaced him often with C.J. Beathard & if healthy, Garoppolo would be starting. You have a case for Kyle Allen, but he would be just a fill in, the Washington football team will draft another QB this year IMO or trade for one.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
"Little John" probably hates that nickname @den-the-coach. Yeah who knows what will happen. But guys with little film at QB tend to get vanilla schemes or more accurately that team's desired defense which can be helpful.

This is part of that reason why sometimes depth QBs come in hot then flame out as defenses tighten up on what they do well.

Wolford is a guy the Rams prioritized and gave a shot. Now we will see if they made a good call. This is that situation where all that planning and coaching is gonna deliver or not deliver. I hope he comes out bold and undaunted.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
And most of those are 1st or 2nd rounders, and of those it's mostly the first rounders that make the biggest impact.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Wolford is a guy the Rams prioritized and gave a shot. Now we will see if they made a good call. This is that situation where all that planning and coaching is gonna deliver or not deliver. I hope he comes out bold and undaunted.

Let's hope Wolford is special, for me, I like QB's big, strong, intelligent and with a minimum of hand size of 10.13 plus the ability to extend plays.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IDK about Mullens he has a short lease as they've replaced him often with C.J. Beathard & if healthy, Garoppolo would be starting. You have a case for Kyle Allen, but he would be just a fill in, the Washington football team will draft another QB this year IMO or trade for one.
Beathard only playing because Mullens went on IR. Jimmy G is done in San Fran. No way they pay him 25 mill.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I like the Wolf man, but I see more Austin Davis than Kurt Warner there. Kurt is a big dude with a big arm. Hopefully dude can put some points up like AD did. Let the defense do the rest.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Coach seems to have a lot of faith in him. We shall see. I don't think many of us didn't scratch our heads wondering "Warner?? Who?? Really?"

Memphis Ram

Legend
But, Wolford doesn't have be Warner, Romo, Moon, Krieg, or Garcia for THIS team to be successful.

IMO, this team could win it all with a Jake Delhomme. Maybe, just maybe even a Jon Kitna type performance.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But, Wolford doesn't have be Warner, Romo, Moon, Krieg, or Garcia for THIS team to be successful.

IMO, this team could win it all with a Jake Delhomme. Maybe, just maybe even a Jon Kitna type performance.
a Jeff Hostetler type perhaps??

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"Little John" probably hates that nickname @den-the-coach. Yeah who knows what will happen. But guys with little film at QB tend to get vanilla schemes or more accurately that team's desired defense which can be helpful.

This is part of that reason why sometimes depth QBs come in hot then flame out as defenses tighten up on what they do well.

Me too!
I noted in his interview with the press, he seems extremely smart and football savvy. He has put in the hard work, stays late, appreciates his opportunity and always shows up prepared. I'm hoping we are in a much better backup situation than we think. Stranger things have happened.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
a Jeff Hostetler type perhaps??

William Jeffrey Hostetler was 6'3 215lbs and could bench press 400lbs...I'm betting no on that. I understand you're not comparing size, just how they play, but I'm thinking Doug Flutie and the Rams actually drafted Flutie and maybe a little Drew Brees too.
1609432275805.png

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let's hope Wolford is special, for me, I like QB's big, strong, intelligent and with a minimum of hand size of 10.13 plus the ability to extend plays.
So..what are you sayin’ ,coach? ~ Wolfy

Tano

Legend
Coach seems to have a lot of faith in him. We shall see. I don't think many of us didn't scratch our heads wondering "Warner?? Who?? Really?"
I have said this before - When Kurt Warner became QB for the Rams, I asked myself - Wasn't he the RB for Seattle?

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
So..what are you sayin’ ,coach? ~ Wolfy

I'm communicating I believe Wolford is a modern day Jeff Kemp, but I'm hoping he's special, however, measuring at 5-11 1/2" on his pro day concerns me, but, I am a doubting Thomas.