GAME DAY Preseason Week 3 - Rams at Bengals

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
A little behind watching but, not really impressed with the secondary in the first half.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
We didn't outlast the Bengals we fucking beat them you two dumbass losers.... only to cut to the NFL desk and hear this other moron say "sweet revenge for the Bengals" but giggled dope!!!

I know every announce team for their own are homers but these guys were different. They rooting their own horn. They firmly believe and expect the Bengals to be and probably win the Superbowl. Take a breath man luck and no injuries play a big factor goes for the Rams too and any team. Truthfully I don't believe the Bengals will come out of the AFC. I think Bills or Chargers. I think the Bengals are more on the tier with the raiders. We shall see.
I still say the Hang over always gets the losing team. They won't make the playoffs.

Flint

Pro Bowler
I like the athleticism of Perkins but his passes don't snap. He seems to have a slower delivery. He also doesn't see everything.
Agree, he’s got a slower delivery and not much juice on it. Even the check downs took a while to get there.

Flint

Pro Bowler
I am just not a fan of Rich at all.

I think Perkins has done really well overall, often playing with 3s going against teams ones and twos. We likely have 10-14 points tonight if not for the RBs fumbling.

And it's ignorant anyways because no team is going to be okay if their starter is out an extended period of time. But do I think Wolford or Perkins can win us some games? Hell yes
Why so serious?

Wisconsinram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mike
Man, as a really long time and older Ram fan, I just SO appreciate the banter about our RB4 situation! A mere decade ago we had the same concerns about RB2!!! Life is good!

oldnotdead

Legend
McCutcheon, and especially Snyder made the 53 tonight. Snyder made some rookie mistakes but overall he looked good.

There is a rumor in FL that Michel might get released. If he does I hope Snead signs him. With health issues with Akers and Henderson and a rookie Williams, they need a proven RB who can carry the load.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The Rams fielded their best perfroming RG of the 3 preseason games against the Bengals. Congrats to #64 Jack Snyder.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah he's harsh but does either backup give a lot of confidence in an emergency? I'm not sure either wins for an extended period of time.

I personally don't think many backup QBs win for an extended period of time. Someone mentioned Foles, and sure there will be exceptions. There will be lightning in the bottle type of situations.

I think with either Wolford or Perkins, we beat the Falcons, Panthers, Seahawks twice, Cardinals at home, Broncos, Raiders. That's 7 I'm confident in.

Then I think the Saints, Chargers and Niners at home and Cardinals on the road would be tossups. So probably 7-9 wins with those guys, so I personally would be comfortable with them for a few weeks....but we aren't a playoff team if it was for the entire season

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Isn't Pircher a free roster spot ( doesn't count against the 53 ) being part of the IPP program?
TBH not sure how the international players work on the PS this year. Will have to look that up.

So we can keep him on our 53 or we have to waive him. If he goes unclaimed they can take an IPP exemption to keep an extra spot on the PS for him.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
TBH not sure how the international players work on the PS this year. Will have to look that up.

So we can keep him on our 53 or we have to waive him. If he goes unclaimed they can take an IPP exemption to keep an extra spot on the PS for him.
For one more year Rams get to keep him on the practice squad as he's an extra. Not sure they have to waive him, as that is part of the agreement.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For one more year Rams get to keep him on the practice squad as he's an extra. Not sure they have to waive him, as that is part of the agreement.
I've read a couple articles from NFL people saying after the first year in the program that's how they work. They can keep being a free PS spot but the goal was to get them in the NFL then they get treated after the first year like other NFL players though they still count a free PS spot for their original team.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Ragas is a better runner than Funk IMO
I agree here it's not even close, but I would look to add another off the waiver wire. I've taken hits posting my doubts about Funk, but he doesn't look natural as a RB, he's too stiff and has straight line speed, but he's not elusive. Time to move on IMHO.

Miami has Edmunds, Mostert, Michel, Gaskin and Ahmed and probably will cut or trade one.

Last edited:

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I agree here it's not even close, but I would look to add another off the waiver wire. I've taken hits posting my doubts about Funk, but he doesn't look natural as a RB, he's too stiff and has straight line speed, but he's not elusive. Time to move on IMHO.
I don't know that they keep 4 RBs on the 53, unless they love Funk's ST's contributions.

If Akers, Henderson and Kyren Williams are healthy, that's enough. Now, that's a gigantic IF but I just think RB-talent comparable to Funk and Ragas is available among other teams practice squads and free agents.