Preseason Week 2 Post Game/Observations

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Goff is Great....I'm eating chocolate cake!
30A84CC500000578-3420577-image-a-10_1453975182634.jpg

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Well it certainly looks REALLY different once the ball is snapped. There are players at all levels of the field and sideline to sideline. Not a lot of motion pre snap but I expect we will see more of that once the season starts. McVay is a creative play designer and while I don't expect this team to rival the GSOT it's fair to say that there is an element of Martz's philosophy in McVay.

Good observations RamBall.........there was no shooting themselves in the foot. It wasn't frustrating to watch them like it has been for so many years.

@DaveFan'51 this is my gift to you. A condensed version of the entire game. Enjoy! Looking forward to your opinions too!

View: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_0SmtX8MuQqMUhuaGkzeENOdG8/view

IMO that's by design. The plays are constructed to take a little more time because of how they are spreading out the defense so Goff has to wait the extra heartbeat or two.

Two different guys and one of them hit him TWICE. No flag though LOL.

Wait until TAustin is back and defenses have to worry about the jet sweep or reverses. I think it was @Mojo Ram that did a breakdown of how those two were killing teams in the run game on some well designed plays.

McVay keeps a defense on it's heels doesn't he..........

Both were small things that made a big play happen.

Have you paid attention to Goff's footwork, it's very good now. They have obviously been working on that. He is moving better than last year and it's pretty clear McVay recognized it was an issue and they went and got on it big time.

Thanks for the Video Les! Great t see those really nice plays I missed! It sure would have been Pretty to see Watkins catch that TD pass!(y);):D

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Thanks for the Video Les! Great t see those really nice plays I missed! It sure would have been Pretty to see Watkins catch that TD pass!(y);):D
Yeah it would have ben nice!

Honestly I thought at first he had one of his arms grabbed but he didn't protest so maybe not.

Perhaps just the timing is a smidge off still, it's been a week so it would be understandable.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
The personal foul by Joyner was also not a penalty. I believe Joyner was ejected for it, as I didn't see him again after that play.
See below
I think Joyner got his bell rung on that bullcrap call. He looked a little woozie when he got up, probably smart to hold him out after that.
Yepper...knocked out.

1. Champ you almost got your wish. If Sammy makes that catch in the end zone Goff has over 200 yrds.
I know!!!!! Told yall 200 passing was a possibility....IDK why the hype is on the faders....defense still looks horrible...Mack can't save them. And that corner play....

I'm a better DC than Ken Norton Jr....sorry Ken...you were a better athlete than me....but I'm smarter...no blue font. LOLOL

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Thought the Rams looked awesome last night! Kinda on a side note, I really liked the blue pants. They look much better with the B&W helmets than the white pants.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Best thing that I saw that has been missing, is simple, we had designed plays that worked well that showed the same look, with a different play, and we executed overall on offense. Executing includes, throwing on time, catching the ball, run blocking, blocking downfield, and pass blocking. Also, well designed, and in sync play calling. Guys were open, all day.

Agree, we executed.

Last edited:

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Best thing that I saw that has been missing, is simple, we had designed plays that worked well that showed the same look, with a different play, and we executed overall on offense. Executing includes, throwing on time, catching the ball, run blocking, blocking downfield, and pass blocking. Also, well designed, and in sync play calling.

We executed.

Seemed like the 1st game against Dallas was more Defensive oriented, and 2nd game against Raiders was Offensive oriented. I like the balance of a little bit of both it keeps the competition honest.

…..

Legend
We're gonna win 10+ games this year. I said I wouldn't go full homer until I saw this team in the preseason, but I am loving everything I'm seeing. Defense will be just fine. We barely had any of our impact players on the field today. The offense looks like a completely different unit with McVay, the off-season additions, and Watkins.
you-went-full-retard-man-never-go-full-retard-you-just-went-full-homer-man-never-go-full-homer.jpg

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One negative about this week, kidding it isn't about the team, the NFL.com site used to have a team selection of videos. Now you go there and select Rams video's and half the video's or more aren't about your team! NFL.com broke their site they better get it together.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
One negative about this week, kidding it isn't about the team, the NFL.com site used to have a team selection of videos. Now you go there and select Rams video's and half the video's or more aren't about your team! NFL.com broke their site they better get it together.

Fuck nfl.com! ROD is much better place to get Rams news.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I had many observations from that game. But the only one I caught live and searched for a piece of paper to write down was this. . .

After the opening kickoff and Pharoah Cooper is tackled and Andrew Whitworth Sprints onto the field. Like he may have been ready to huddle up before many players had even thought to exit or enter the field.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
The Chargers were horrible tonight.

Yeah, that pretty much covers it...

Anthony Lynn has the BIFPO pose down pat.