Prediction: Rams come up short vs. Eagles --Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Prediction: Rams come up short vs. Eagles
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/12242/predictions-rams-come-up-short-against-eagles

For St. Louis Rams fans looking for some hope this week, there's plenty to be found as the team travels to Lincoln Financial Field to take on the Philadelphia Eagles.

The Rams are coming off a bye and in two previous seasons under coach Jeff Fisher have made a habit of playing well after the week off. In 2012, they stunned the 49ers with a tie in San Francisco, and last year the Rams dominated the Chicago Bears at home. Beyond recent history, the Rams should also have an opportunity to cure what ails them defensively as the Eagles' banged-up offensive line has struggled to open holes for back LeSean McCoy (39 yards on 29 carries the past two weeks) and protect quarterback Nick Foles (his 39 disturbed dropbacks lead the league).

The problem for the Rams is that the Eagles probably view the St. Louis defense as the tonic for their own issues. The Rams have struggled to stop the run all season, allowing 155 yards per game on the ground, which is 30th in the league. And the Rams have only one sack on the season, which means if they fail to stop the run, the play-action deep passes the Eagles love will be flying all over the Philadelphia sky.

Rams quarterback Austin Davis should be able to help the offense put some points on the board, and this one should be awfully close. It's tempting to pick St. Louis, but the home-field advantage is just enough to tip the scales in favor of the Eagles.

My prediction: Eagles 27, Rams 24

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
That's fair, I guess. Wagoner is a downer, though. He doomed our season weeks ago.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
This can't happen.

Living in Eagles Country, I have taken every opportunity at work this week to run my mouth about the Rams dismantling the Eagles on Sunday. Of course I used some harsher terms.

I talked loud, I talked a lot and I made a lot of bold(some may say stupid) statements regarding the game.

So I kind of need the Rams to make me look like a genius and not an imbecile. Okay--at least make me right. I'll take a last second field goal--anything.

I believe, I believe...I believe.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Wagoner has forgot about the "tonic" for the Rams lack of sacks.
The Eagles o line. Or lack there of.

Foles will not be a happy man Sunday.
McCoy will have his best game yet. Rushing for 65 yds.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
This can't happen.

Living in Eagles Country, I have taken every opportunity at work this week to run my mouth about the Rams dismantling the Eagles on Sunday. Of course I used some harsher terms.

I talked loud, I talked a lot and I made a lot of bold(some may say stupid) statements regarding the game.

So I kind of need the Rams to make me look like a genius and not an imbecile. Okay--at least make me right. I'll take a last second field goal--anything.

I believe, I believe...I believe.

Some things are better said after the game.

fearsomefour

Legend
Eagles run a lot of bubble screens, quick passes....tackling will determine this game.....tackling and running the ball.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I would love to see the Rams incorporate some of their bubble screens when Austin is in the backfield. But yeah, the Eagles are gonna score points, key is Davis not forcing the ball, spread it around to the right matchup like he has mostly done.

It does look like a shootout so that's a good guess by Wagoner. Personally though I think if the Rams keep the game in the 20s they have a good shot to win it.