Predicting Top 5 Impact Rookies for the Rams in 2012

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
I wouldnt count out Rok Watkins as a potential impact rookie. I have a gut feeling he ends up starting at OG. He's a massive man and could very well end up paving the way for some long SJ and IP rushes.

Anonymous

libertadrocks said:
I wouldnt count out Rok Watkins as a potential impact rookie. I have a gut feeling he ends up starting at OG. He's a massive man and could very well end up paving the way for some long SJ and IP rushes.

Has any team ever had 5 "impact" rookies?

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
zn said:
libertadrocks said:

I cant think of any, but honestly I wouldnt be surprised if we did this year. Not sure what that says about the state of the Rams. lol

I dont know of any team thats ever placed such high expectations for immediate returns upon a rookie class either. 5 rookies are a lock to start(Brokers, BQ, Jenkins, Zuerlien, and Hekker). Givens wont be given starter status but he will probably play a majority of snaps. Pead will be in a position to get a good number of touches a game as well.

Plus I have had Rok as my dark horse impact player for awhile. So theres a solid chance we will have 5 or even more impact guys out of this class.

Anonymous

libertadrocks said:
zn said:
libertadrocks said:

I cant think of any, but honestly I wouldnt be surprised if we did this year. Not sure what that says about the state of the Rams. lol

I dont know of any team thats ever placed such high expectations for immediate returns upon a rookie class either. 5 rookies are a lock to start(Brokers, BQ, Jenkins, Zuerlien, and Hekker). Givens wont be given starter status but he will probably play a majority of snaps. Pead will be in a position to get a good number of touches a game as well.

Plus I have had Rok as my dark horse impact player for awhile. So theres a solid chance we will have 5 or even more impact guys out of this class.

The kickers skew it.

To me kickers don't count when it comes to this kind of thing. :cool: (I know, I know....)

I am just looking at The 22.

I'm not sure about Quick, either. As a rule--just based on the odds--not that many 2nd round WRs do that much as rookies. It's possible they end up with a mixed rotation this year with a lot of different guys playing the position---Amendola, Pettis, Quick, Salas, Smith.

STL-Rams

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
zn said:
libertadrocks said:

Great question, ZN, and I have honestly not had time to check that out.

But most impactful from 1 to 5 is just ranking best year to worst. The #5, in this case, could be a guy that has one start and plays solid special teams or could be a starter. But the point was to rank the 5 who will contribute the most "impact", not necessarily saying there will be 5 "impact" rookies in terms of a guy coming in and looking like a Pro Bowl guy.

I hope that rambling made at least a little sense lol. Not sure if it did, however.

Anonymous

STL-Rams said:
zn said:
libertadrocks said:

Great question, ZN, and I have honestly not had time to check that out.

But most impactful from 1 to 5 is just ranking best year to worst. The #5, in this case, could be a guy that has one start and plays solid special teams or could be a starter. But the point was to rank the 5 who will contribute the most "impact", not necessarily saying there will be 5 "impact" rookies in terms of a guy coming in and looking like a Pro Bowl guy.

I hope that rambling made at least a little sense lol.Not sure if it did, however.

Yes it did make sense. Thanks. :cool: