Predictable WaltersFootball trashing of our Rams ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Rams hire HC Sean McVay: C- Grade

The worst thing you can do to a bad situation is overreact by going the other way too much. That's exactly what the Rams are doing with this hire. They've employed Jeff Fisher for far too long, as Fisher was a tired coach with no new ideas. In fact, he was so bad that it appeared as though he was intentionally trying to sabotage the Rams. By 2016, he was so worn out that he didn't bother watching film, as evidenced by his press conference in which he said Danny Woodhead was a play-maker for the Patriots. The Rams fired Fisher, and so they went from an old coach to the youngest one ever. Sean McVay, former offensive coordinator for the Redskins, turns 31 in a couple of weeks.

I think this is a mistake. While McVay certainly has more upside than Fisher, it's unlikely that he'll get some of the Ram veterans to listen to him. Some are about as old as he is; some even older. The Rams are comprised of a bunch of lazy players who need to be motivated, and I'm not sure they'll be willing to listen to someone in their age group.

The one positive about McVay is his brilliant offensive mind. It'll be nice to have someone who, unlike Fisher, is actually innovative, but the problem is that it probably won't matter. Jared Goof is a lost cause. Everyone, including some in the Rams' organization, had Carson Wentz ranked ahead of Goof. I'm sure McVay will get the most out of him, and Goof won't be a complete abomination, but sometimes, a quarterback is an unsalvageable sunk cost, and that's what the Rams have. Then again, the Rams are an unsalvageable sunk cost themselves, so all of this is probably irrelevant.

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/coachfirehire ... QMY0Czc.99

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
None of the time I spent reading that will I get back...

It would have been better spent pounding a nail into my skull...or anything else...

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
WalterFootball has always been biased against the Rams. I pay as much attention to them as I would pay attention to horseshit on the side of the road.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
WalterFootball has always been biased against the Rams. I pay as much attention to them as I would pay attention to horseshit on the side of the road.
LOL too funny with them I was reading about a guy who the Rams had just drafted and their reviews of him were positive. An hour after they'd drafted him they were changed to be more negative than anything. They actually changed their views on a guy, I can't remember who, because we drafted them.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Yeah that sounds like someone with a grudge, not someone making an evaluation. And clearly he doesn't do research. He accuses Fisher of not paying attention (not disputing or agreeing), them claims there's "some even older" than McVay on the roster. No, there's not some. There's one. What a goon.

Debacled

Starter
Walters "ratings" have been slipping the past few years, for both league moves and prospect analysis. He has gotten lazy. Essentially the equivalent of a gambling junkie who still runs a website anymore.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I suspect most Rams fans that frequent message boards did more research on the candidates to include McVay than the author of that article.

All you can grade on is FIT. Rams needed an offensive guy to get this young group rolling, and a complementary DC. Check and check. Holy F people nowadays are negative and biased way too much by previous seasons. Rams make strong moves and all we're hearing is BS. What surprised me was Kirwan's take, but I'm sure he'll come around.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Just the fact that this guy calls Jared Goff "goof" makes him another one of those bullshit-spewing dickheads that call themselves writers. I did notice he gave us an A+ for hiring Wade Phillips though.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The Rams are comprised of a bunch of lazy players who need to be motivated, and I'm not sure they'll be willing to listen to someone in their age group.
cd5060bdac1d4eab166c0f31f600e1e3.gif

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just the fact that this guy calls Jared Goff "goof" makes him another one of those bullcrap-spewing dickheads that call themselves writers. I did notice he gave us an A+ for hiring Wade Phillips though.
I wasn't going to say the same thing .. all credibility goes out the window when you can't even use the guys real name

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I've heard worse.
He's not very good at smack.

Sad part is that if he had sourced some of it, and left out the pejoratives and name-calling and hyperbole, it might have made for thought-provoking opinion piece. Apparently he just wants to be funny instead. Except he's not.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
None of the time I spent reading that will I get back...

It would have been better spent pounding a nail into my skull...or anything else...
Stopped reading after the first line. I won't listen to these guys until we see what he does next season.

Psycho_X

Legend
His Jeff Fisher commentary was spot on though. Tired with no new ideas.... didn't bother watching film.... sounded about right. But yeah the rest, whatever.