Pre-draft visit mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Don't know if someone has done this but I'll take a shot at only doing a mock with our pre-draft visits and see how it goes. Seems pretty easy to do as this year we've focused on so few positions. And as many of you know, historically, we draft a lot of guys we bring in.

1) Devante Parker. Scherff is gone and not a pre-draft visit. Gregory and Dupree still on the board here along with Peat, Collins, and Flowers. Parker seems to make too much sense from a BPA/need equation. Gives us the freedom to walk away from Quick after this year. I know, I know... basically he's been a waste of a 2nd round pick. Thing is, if he's healthy and plays well but Parker excels, this pick still gives us the freedom to let Quick go and use money on other contracts in 2016 - so many contracts in 2016!

2) Laken Tomlinson. All the top tackles are gone at this point (Flowers, Humphries, Peat, Clemmings, Collins) and Cameron who'd be worthy of taking here if he made it to the 2nd. Laken is a pure guard and a heck of a one who looks to be an ideal power blocker who can pull. Can play left or right guard. We may want to keep Saffold next to Robinson for a bit longer to assist him. Plug and play starter in the 2nd though.

3) Garret Grayson. Still there in the 3rd. Petty, Hundley and Mannion (who I don't think came in for a visit) are gone at this point. Grayson in the 3rd is decent value. Will need a lot of seasoning and could benefit from sitting for a year. Wish he was more athletic. Mechanics could hold him back from ever becoming a starter.

4) Ramik Wilson. Lasts until the 4th round. Don't know much about him as a possible MLB. We are now swimming in LB depth. Maybe enough to dump Dunbar... Jamil Douglas is still on the board here if they go oline but I suspect Wilson is the higher rated prospect.

I imagine the Rams look for another olineman in 5-7. Not sure they can find a tackle there. Doubt anyone will be left but some OG prospects could be had. Rams on the phone to Barksdale after draft. Saffold may kick back to tackle.

*Additional Notes*

- Only way we grab a tackle in the draft if we look to draft our visits is if we trade down or we like Scherff (who wasn't a visit and the only Oline prospect I'd consider - begrudgingly - over Parker). It just seems like most OTs will be gone by our pick in the 2nd.

- Picks in the 5-7 round become fodder for trading up. Given the Rams needs and where they'll be looking to pick, I can imagine them moving up in the 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th round for guys they like. Depth on the team is really solid at so many other positions.

- While we have some needs at DE after this season, unless the value is there high, we won't grab any. Even if we lose some guys next year, guys like Ayers as a hybrid pass-rusher will bridge to the 2017 draft.

- No CBs on pre-draft list. With Roberson playing and not embarrassing himself last year, we actually don't need to draft any this year.

- With a draft that's been said to be deep at WR, I could see a developmental type taken in late rounds. Say, a Brian Quick type. ;)

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I certainly wouldn't complain. Although, I have to point out that Garrett Grayson is actually sneaky athletic. He's just not a runner.

WestCoastRam

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, actually meant to write "taller" as opposed to "athletic" but can't edit post anymore. Wish he was taller.

WestCoastRam

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Caught that afterwards but thanks Memphis! Including him, I don't see the mock changing.

Last edited: