Practice Squad Signings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Glad to see Tyler Johnson at least back on the PS. As far as stopping the run, points will help stop the run. Lets all hope Stafford can average 3-4 TD passes a game and Akers averages 1-2 TD per game. Chew some clock and put up 30+ points and teams will abandon the run.
You want the Rams to average 4-5 touchdowns a game... umm...

Tano

Legend
1) they don’t even play the same position.
2) say what you want about Reeder and that ghastly 2nd half vs the 9ers, but he also made his share of plays that year. The Rams have employed worse and might very well be doing it now.
He also had a ghastly game against the Packers in the playoffs

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Again, he's basically a rookie because he missed all of last year with a terrible injury. I can live with mistakes. I can live with a guy who tries his very best (unlike Bobby Evans). He's not going to be the starting guard I envisioned, but he could definitely be a good backup.
Here is how I look at it, Grant Miller for example was an UDRFA, from day one Miller looked like he belonged & even played Center too. Bruss IMO, felt the pressure of being the first pick of a Super Bowl winning team and was asked to be the starting RG. Now IMO, going from RT to RG should not have been a big deal and Bruss was overmatched before the injury and this year playing where he did at Wisconsin still looked overwhelmed, especially in pass protection.

He will now have the ability to grow on the practice squad, but I am glad they kept Zach Thomas over him and with the addition of Dotson, Bruss is where he belongs and IMO, I don't think he will ever start a game for the Rams.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I am not going to count Bruss out just yet. I give him another year before calling the pick a bust. I believe part of the problem may be that he tried to rush back from his injury too soon. Let's face it some players just take longer to develop, in the NFL.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So, Brett Maher was actually signed to the practice squad ... which is why we had room to sign Shelley to the active roster when we put Mathis on injured reserve. Interesting.

dang

Legend
1) they don’t even play the same position.
2) say what you want about Reeder and that ghastly 2nd half vs the 9ers, but he also made his share of plays that year. The Rams have employed worse and might very well be doing it now.
What I will forever remember is his whiff on Fournette in the backfield of the playoffs against the Bucs. If I recall Fournette was stopped in the backfield and side stepped a horrible attempt by Reeder. I’m ok with Reeder as depth on the PS. No dishonor in being an average depth player in the NFL.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
See where Robert Rochelle was signed to the Seahawks' Practice Squad.
Coincidentally, just before they play the Rams. I hate it when that shit happens.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
What I will forever remember is his whiff on Fournette in the backfield of the playoffs against the Bucs. If I recall Fournette was stopped in the backfield and side stepped a horrible attempt by Reeder. I’m ok with Reeder as depth on the PS. No dishonor in being an average depth player in the NFL.

Is Reeder less than Rozeboom ?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Coincidentally, just before they play the Rams. I hate it when that shit happens.
Good thing is they won't get any game prep from him as I doubt the Rams have given the team any of the gameplan.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Also you can't sign somebody off a team's practice squad 6 or fewer days before you play them. So while it might be a petey move it's legal.