practice squad signings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I like the list. Interesting on keeping Laskey. Good on him.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
The only real head scratcher, IMO, was T. Reed. I was not impressed with his PS.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Would have rather had Imoan than the FB but I like the list.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I'm surprised Brown didn't get signed to another team, that kid looked good out there. Also, Trinca- Pasat as well. And I'm glad Battle cleared wavers, I was mad they would cut NEXT years pick without even a full offseason.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Rodriguez didn't make it but I was pulling for the guy.
Feel good story but he got his shot and I'm sure he will never forget it. This kid will be successful in what ever he ends up doing. I just don't think it will be pro football.

RamBill

Legend
Rams announce 10-man practice squad

• By Joe Lyons

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_da152814-0065-54d9-8314-163ac67b6471.html

The Rams' 10-man practice squad has a familiar look to it.

After making cuts to reach its 53-man roster on Saturday, the team announced Sunday that 10 of those players had been signed to the practice squad.

They are: T Isaiah Battle, RB Malcolm Brown, S Christian Bryant, TE Justice Cunningham, S Jacob Hagen, FB Zach Laskey, DE Matt Longacre, CB Trovon Reed, DT Louis Trinca-Pasat and DT Doug Worthington.

Battle, a Clemson University product, was selected by the Rams in this summer's supplemental draft, with the team surrendering its fifth-round draft pick in 2016.

Brown, Hagen, Laskey, Longacre and Trinca-Pasat were signed as free agents shortly after the 2015 draft.

Bryant, a seventh-round draft pick in 2014, was on the practice squad last year.

Signed to the practice squad late in 2013, Cunningham spent much of last season there as well. He was inactive from Week 13 through Week 17 a year ago. In 2013, he played in one NFL game as a member of the Indianapols Colts.

Worthington, 28, was drafted in the seventh round by Pittsburgh in 2010. He also was with Tampa Bay, Washington and San Diego before joining the Rams practice squad late last season. He has played in six NFL games. Worthington spent much of training camp on the sideline with an undisclosed injury.

U. CITY's BASS CLAIMED BY TITANS

A pair of NFL players with ties to the area _ defensive end David Bass and defensive end Kourtnei Brown _ were claimed off waivers Sunday after being cut on Saturday.

Bass, a University City High product who played in college at Missouri Western, was claimed by the Tennessee Titans after being released by the Chicago Bears. The 24-year-old Bass was a seventh-round draft pick by Oakland in 2013 who'd spent the last two seasons in Chicago. The 6-foot-4, 256-pounder played in 20 games, making two starts, and had 33 tackles, four sacks and an interception returned for a touchdown.

Brown, 27, spent time with the Rams in training camp and was on the practice squad for a time last year. He was one of the players featured during HBO's Hard Knocks with the Houston Texans this year but failed to make the final cut. On Sunday, he was claimed by Tampa Bay.

A Clemson product, the 6-4, 253-pound Brown has been with San Francisco, Washington, Buffalo, Detroit, St. Louis and Houston but has not played in an NFL game.

Linebacker Jason DiManche, an SIUC product, has been moved to injured reserve by Cincinnati. Also shifted to IR were former Missouri Tiger DT Ziggy Hood (Jacksonville) and LB Xaviar Gooden (Tennessee).

In addition, former Rams receiver Greg Salas is on injured reserve with Detroit.

A number of other players with area ties were released on Saturday. They are:

WR Marcus Lucas (Missouri) by Carolina; TE Gannon Sinclair (Missouri State) by Chicago;

RB Ray Agnew III (De Smet/SIUC) by Dallas; WR A.J. Jenkins (Illinois) by Dallas; DT Dominique Hamilton (Missouri) by the New York Giants; WR/KR Walter Powell (Hazelwood East) by the New York Jets; G Joe Asamoah (Illinois) by Atlanta); and G David Arkin (Missouri State) by Indianapolis.

Sunday afternoon, Jim Thomas of the Post-Dispatch learned that Agnew signed with Washington's practice squad.

Former Rams cut on Saturday were: DE Gerald Rivers by Denver; RB Daryl Richardson by the Jets; WR Devon Wylie by Oakland; DE Matt Conrath by Pittsburgh; and DT Jermelle Cudjo by Detroit.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
They are: T Isaiah Battle, RB Malcolm Brown, S Christian Bryant, TE Justice Cunningham, S Jacob Hagen, FB Zach Laskey, DE Matt Longacre, CB Trovon Reed, DT Louis Trinca-Pasat and DT Doug Worthington.
Great News!! Fantastic Practice Squad!!!!:D

Alan

Legend
hotanez suffering from empty nest syndrome:
Rodriguez didn't make it but I was pulling for the guy.
I tried to use my power of positive thinking to make that happen but I guess I'm not positive enough. :( Not unhappy with who we signed though. (y)

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
OK......the sweating is over. We got some young blood back on the team.

Cochiti

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What I like is that most of them clearly earned their spot on the squad based on their Preseason rather than need, with the following exceptions. Two DL certainly played their way onto the squad while Worthington appears to me to be an addition based upon the absence of a big bodied backup for Brockers on the 53. I am guessing Battle is on there based on potential more than what he showed in Preseason. Adding Laskey surprised me but maybe they like to have a true FB for the scout team.

Additionally, like probably everyone here, I am also surprised that there are 5 safeties on the 53 and 2 on the practice squad while only 4 CBs on the 53 and 1 on the practice squad. Sure would like 2 CBs on the practice squad.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I really like our PS, Battle, Hagen, LTP, and Laskey were guys I was pulling for. I'm sort of bummed about Jones, but if he couldn't cut it then there's no point in keeping dead weight.

Ram65

Legend
These signing should keep most here happy. Thank the big Ramin the sky that Battle was signed to the PS. Now, he has to work to show he belongs. S Christian Bryant, Longacre and Trinca-Pasat with Battle topped my list. Overall looks good.

It's still not over. Rams could try to sign a vet free agent or someone they really like. Trey Watts will be allowed to play before you know it.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Watched so many injuries in wasted PS games Just saw our Van Dyke 7th rnd pick go down with steelers last PS game. Was probably gonna be cut anyway. Shame tho. WE NEED CORNERBACKS!!!! WASSUP??? We have escaped the major injuries except E.J. Gaines who we will really miss him gaining another healthy year of success. Other teams have had many big hits. packers,steelers,dolphins to just name a few.

We did sign one AUBURN safety but wish Claiborne was resigned. McGee ??? Hope you get injury settlement. Thought you had some skills. Now I think we are building a SAFTEY CLONE ARMY.. Why so many??? We had 5 center injuries by this time last season. Weird stuff does happen to us. Maybe Laskey can build his body up major and become our next Harkules as we are gonna run the ball and he can open holes for his fellow Georgian Todd Gurley. A Georgia Tech guy blocking for a Bulldog. Chubb looks awesome for this year for Dogs.

Last edited: