Power Rankings a joke

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
If you're a good team, that's what you should do to weak teams. So we're not Alabama who can put the 2's in and dominate Alabama St.? No shit? It's the NFL!!! There are no Alabama States.....though the Lions are close!
Yeah

But you understand that the entire point of my post was that this Dan Hanzus guy at NFL.com should NOT have dinged the Rams in his dopey rankings because the Rams dominated the Texans.

sloramfan

Starter
dan hanzus...

does this guy really have a job with a paycheck?

shows how idiotic employers can be...

go rams

slo

TexasRam

Legend
In all fairness the Rams have played not only very bad teams but secondaries that were decimated both before and in game due to injuries.

Coming up we have the 4th hardest schedule. Beat Green Bay and Zona and we will make that jump in Power rankings, if that's what your thing is.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
How does two loss, one to us, Tampon Bay end up ranked higher than us? Them coming off loss, us blow out win…in spite of dropping 3 spots but stay above in spite of the fact they lost and we blew out our victims….playing reserves the 4th quarter…..and still dropped a spot.

and don’t get me started about the sucking cowboy dick…..

zues is a fucking moron….full stop

The power rankings are only important in college football where you can go undefeated and not get into a major bowl game.

In the NFL, the playoffs take care of everything. The Rams only need to be #1 after the Super bowl.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
It's almost as if we're being manipulated into caring deeply about things with zero real-world consequences in our lives

:dizzy::zany:

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Agree that NFL-mid-year-rankings are silly and useless but think this an example of the "laziness" of some NFL analysists.

I just don't think many of these guys pay attention and do their homework. That pisses me off because analyzing and commenting on football would have been my dream job.

On the previous page, I suggested this Dan Hanzus of NFL.com dropped the Rams in his rankings because he did not watch or read about the specifics of their win over the Texans. A casual review of the box score would lend one to think it was a competitive game; while anyone who saw it would know that it was a dominant Rams' performance through three quarters when the starters went out.

Here's another example that has nothing to do with NFL rankings. I was watching the Mannings' MNF telecast, and their interview with Michael Strahan. Now Strahan knows football ... as he should ... and was making some terrific comments about tackling. Examples were the importance of taking one extra step before tackling to avoid lunging. Another was to not hit high because of players strength but to hit below the waist and 'alligator' tackle. Really good stuff.

Then Strahan, the super-star celebrity, who still makes big-$ as a high profile NFL "Expert" on Sundays, showed that he is lazy and does not do his homework. The Chiefs were running the ball effectively with Derrick Gore. Michael Strahan gets this uncertain look on his face and, with total honesty and candor, asks out-loud if that's Frank Gore.

Frank Gore is a future Hall of Famer. If he's still in the NFL, a highly-paid NFL "expert" should know that.

It's not a huge deal but it's sloppy and lazy.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Not specifically you, so I hope this doesn't come off as a shot, but I will never understand fans fascination with power rankings. They mean nothing other than fan service and confirmation bias. Just beat Tennessee. The NFL has a system to figure all this stuff out.
Rankings mid season are like draft grades. They mean nothing. No one knows how things will turn out at the time. The whiners were offseason winners. Then the season comes.

Ellard80

Legend
power rankings in general are silly....

everyone cares about that trophy at the end - but does the best team really always win in the end? not really.

I feel like the NBA is the closest - they have series and cant trade for half a new team in the middle of the year.

NCAA basketball of course is the biggest crap shoot.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
Oh yea , all the Cowboy love is a Fascad.
The cowboys will find a way to screw up.
It's their nature.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I wanna know how you party, Coach, so that facade got autocorrected to Fascad...

bluecoconuts

Legend
NFL is riding the Cowoboys hard right now. Want to see an even bigger joke? Here are their top 5 QBs:

Prescott
Murray
Brady
Jackson
Stafford

Stafford has more yards than everyone above him other than Brady (Prescott has the least, and has only played 6 games due to injury, yet remained in the 1 spot)l, and more TD's than everyone other than Brady (Jackson has only thrown 10 TD's and has rushed for another 2, wtf??)

Stafford is tied with Prescott for the least picks thrown, but again, Stafford has 2 more games than him, and 8 more TD's.

Stafford has the highest YPA, and third highest completion percentage (behind Prescott and Murray).

Stafford also has only 1 fumble, everyone else has multiple, Murray has 7, Prescott 6, Jackson 5, and Brady 3.

Stafford outperforming them and yet ranks 6.

So yeah, sounds like the NFL.com writers have been told to get down on their knees for the Cowboys to drive up that fan engagement.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-qb-index-week-9-2021-season-rankings