Potential breakout Ram for the 2022 season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
We have a lot of household names already… Aaron Donald, Matt Stafford, Cooper Kupp, Jalen Ramsey, etc…

Is there a player on the roster that could emerge this year as a star?

The following article picks Greg Gaines.

Every NFL team's potential breakout player for the 2022 season​

Los Angeles Rams: NT Greg Gaines​

Gaines already had a mini-breakout in 2021, but he still hasn’t become a household name around the NFL. That could change this year. As the unquestioned starter at nose tackle without Sebastian Joseph-Day in the mix, Gaines should play a ton of snaps and show why he’s one of the most underrated defensive linemen in the game. He’s a very good pass rusher for a guy who lines up over the center, and his ability to plug up running lanes is better than most. Don’t be surprised if Gaines winds up making his first Pro Bowl in 2022. – Cameron DaSilva, Rams Wire

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am stoked to see Allen Robinson.

I think a lot of casual fans are going to wonder… “where did that guy come from”?

dang

Legend
Ernest Jones. Something about him looks like a potential elite player. Now he has the best mentor player in the NFL to teach him up.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I don’t know if he’ll have a good enough to make the Pro Bowl. His job on passing downs is to be the cleanup guy if the initial rush doesn’t get there. How often do two interior DLs of the same team make the Pro Bowl?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Joe Noteboom....I like Boom to stay healthy all year and continuing his great pass protection, while providing movement in the run game thus proving that you can replace a legend.
1654866722508.png

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
We have a lot of household names already… Aaron Donald, Matt Stafford, Cooper Kupp, Jalen Ramsey, etc…

Is there a player on the roster that could emerge this year as a star?

The following article picks Greg Gaines.

Every NFL team's potential breakout player for the 2022 season​

Los Angeles Rams: NT Greg Gaines​

Gaines already had a mini-breakout in 2021, but he still hasn’t become a household name around the NFL. That could change this year. As the unquestioned starter at nose tackle without Sebastian Joseph-Day in the mix, Gaines should play a ton of snaps and show why he’s one of the most underrated defensive linemen in the game. He’s a very good pass rusher for a guy who lines up over the center, and his ability to plug up running lanes is better than most. Don’t be surprised if Gaines winds up making his first Pro Bowl in 2022. – Cameron DaSilva, Rams Wire
Didn’t Gaines breakout last year?

I’m going to say it’s Blanton. He may have the best chance to really take the next step.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fans and media around the game will know Greg Gaines name this year.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
TuTu Atwell. McVay will redeploy the jetsweep with TuTu and the long bomb like he did with Desean Jackson. Defenses will have to account for TuTu.
mighty mouse animation GIF

IBruce80

Tokyo Ram
Gaines is a good choice.
Robinson also could continue his post season performance into this season.

I'm going with a healthy Cam Akers though.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Akers would be amazing and is a great choice. Boom too. Gaines already broke out seems to me. Edge would be nice but unlikely I think.

So will go with Durant. We need a corner to step up big this year due to what will be a lesser rush.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Intriguing choice there with Hopkins. Boy would that be nice. Been wanting us to have a big time TE forever it seems. Not knocking Higs here, either, but he's more of an all arounder than a guy who can sustain in the pass game.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
All good choices. But I think of this as a guy who is unexpectedly a breakout guy. Like last year being Allen or Gaines. So who is under the radar, has an opportunity and could unexpectedly become an important piece / productive? I’m thinking TLewis….or maybe one of the young DBs.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
I liked what I seem from Hopkins in the Superbowl. When it was crunch time in likely the biggest moment of his life he came through for the team. That gives me hope that he'll take the next step.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Know what's awesome about this thread? Here we are, coming off a freakin' Super Bowl victory, and yet this thread is chocked with one good answer after another, and it covers a number of different players who could make a big step up.

Are we in a good position or what??

:part::party2::startstruck::clinkingbeer:

RamFanInPC

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know it's a reach but if Lewis could stay healthy, he could have a big year on the edge.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Intriguing choice there with Hopkins. Boy would that be nice. Been wanting us to have a big time TE forever it seems. Not knocking Higs here, either, but he's more of an all arounder than a guy who can sustain in the pass game.
We need the next Roland Williams. ~ Merlin

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Whit is there at practice and I'm pretty confident he's there for Note.

My break through is ARob on offense. That dude with a real QB is going to steal the show.

EJ is going to be a great LB but he won't steal the spot light.