POSTGAME QUOTES: Rams vs. 49ers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Shaky

Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher

(Opening statements)
“Earlier in the week I was asked about what it’s like to play a team within proximity of just recently playing them again in three or four weeks. I think I said the games are completely different, so I apologize for being absolutley wrong. Wow. That’s the case of guys just hanging in there. Guys making plays. Guys in the three diffrent phases just making the plays that we needed to make. Outstanding defense they have and have an exceptional running game. It was just two good teams out there today evenly matched trying to find a way win it and we got it.”

(On thinking it would be difficult to move the ball against the 49ers defense)
“And it was. It’s not easy against that defense, but we made plays when we needed to. Numbers aren’t pretty. We protected our quarterback. (QB) Sam (Bradford) used his legs in the last drive, which was good to see. He gave us a chance. Defense made some big plays when we needed them.”

(On K Greg Zuerlein’s performance today)
“It’s pretty impressive. It’s good to see him bounce back after the miss and he did. I had complete confidence him. At that point in the game...It’s interesting having said three weeks ago, really never managed a game all the way into overtime and I guess we’re kind of getting used to it now. Wanted to give us a chance to get the points, win the game and leave the least amount of time on the clock as I could. But back to Greg, yes he did a nice job today.”

(On finally getting a fumble to bounce in favor of the Rams)
“I don’t know what they were trying to accomplish there, but we took advantage of one of their mistakes. It looked to me like their defensive end and linebacker was offsides on our two-point conversion, or actually on the play. That’s a hard… fourth-and-goal or goal-to-go from the six (yard line) is hard to overcome. Sam made a great throw to (TE) Lance (Kendricks) against a really good defensive player.”

(On if CB Janoris Jenkins came out for several plays during the game to rest or to be settled down)
“Yes, it was just kind of settle him down, get him focused back on techniques and things. They were doing a lot...”

(On the team’s division record being a source of pride)
“Well, it is. You build yourself to compete in the division. We still have a lot of work ahead. It’s good that guys have confidence against good division opponents.”

(On the most satisfying thing the team has accomplished)
“Let me go back to the first game against them. We played pretty well, but we had the chance to win it, but we made mistakes. We made young mistakes. We had a chance. I think the perception was that, well we might’ve caught them on a bad day. So, we get to start over again and find a way to beat the team to beat in our division. It’s a good feeling in the locker room.”

(On what it says about the team that the biggest plays were made by rookies today)
“Well, last week our ‘rooks’ made a lot of plays and they’ve been making plays. We’re a young team that’s starting to learn how to win tough games. If you can keep it close, now you’ve got a chance to win every game.”

FOR FULL QUOTES CLICK HERE: http://www.nflfans.com/rams2/article.ph ... 2175630428

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
Shaky said:

Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher

(On the most satisfying thing the team has accomplished)
“Let me go back to the first game against them. We played pretty well, but we had the chance to win it, but we made mistakes. We made young mistakes. We had a chance. I think the perception was that, well we might’ve caught them on a bad day. So, we get to start over again and find a way to beat the team to beat in our division. It’s a good feeling in the locker room.”

"oh da poor whittle whiners must've had anover bad day" - Elmer Fudd

:ww: