POSTGAME NOTES: Rams vs. Baltimore (8-29-13)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
St. Louis Rams vs. Baltimore Ravens Postgame Notes (8-29-13)

- The Rams beat the Ravens, 24-21, in the final preseason contest of 2013. The Ravens still hold all-time the edge over the Rams in preseason play 3-1. The Rams finish the preseason 1-3.

- QB Kellen Clemens got the start and saw action in first half, missing one series due to a bloody nose. He completed 13-of-18 passes for 188 yards. Clemens tallied a 105.8 quarterback rating, his highest rating of the preseason.

- WR Brain Quick registered a 26-yard reception in Ravens territory to put the Rams on the Baltimore 3-yard line. The play helped set-up a score by RB Zac Stacy. Quick finished the night with a team-leading five receptions for 60 yards, a 12-yard average.

- Stacy tallied his first touchdown in a Rams uniform on a 1-yard rush. He finished the night with 11 rushes for 37 yards.

- WR Steadman Bailey hauled in a 21-yard pass from Clemens. Added a 17-yard reception to finish with two receptions for 38 yards.

- In the first half of play, the Rams offense piled up 235 yards (61 rushing, 174 passing), 10 first downs and won in time of possession with 18:17.

- QB Austin Davis saw action in the second half and completed 6-of-13 passes for 50 yards and two touchdowns. Davis finished with a 96.2 passer rating.

- RB Benny Cunningham saw extended action in the second half and carried the ball eight times for 76 yards, including a long rush of 29 yard and a 9.5-yard average. Cunningham led the team in rushing yards.

- Davis connected with WR Nick Johnson for a 4-yard touchdown reception. Marks the second game of the preseason that Davis and Johnson have connected in the endzone.

- RB Chase Reynolds caught a pass in the backfield from Davis and took it 17 yards for a touchdown. His first as a Ram. Reynolds also rushed five times for 15 yards.

- S Matt Daniels intercepted Ravens QB Caleb Hanie and returned it 12 yards.

- DE Mason Brodine recovered a fumble by Hanie and returned it 18 yards to the Baltimore 35-yard line.

- CB Andre Martin tackled RB Anthony Allen causing him to fumble at the goal line, the fumble was picked up by LB Jo-Lonn Dunbar who returned it 10 yards to the St. Louis 16-yard line.

- DE Gerald Rivers notched a sack on Hanie to mark his second consecutive game with a sack. He also took down RB Delone Carter in the backfield for a 4-yard loss. Rivers led the team in tackles with six solo, according to press box statistics.

- CB Drew Thomas intercepted Hanie’s pass at the St. Louis 4-yard line with :26 second left on the clock to seal the win.

- On the night, the Rams’ defense came away with four turnovers (two fumbles, two interceptions) to the Ravens’ two, each fumble recoveries.

- K Greg Zuerlein converted a 46-yard field goal.

- P Jonny Hekker punted seven times for 313 yards, a 44.7-yard average and 40.4-yard net. Hekker registered a 53 yard long and placed on inside the 20-yard line.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
i believe you mean to say the Rams finish the preseason 1-3. Everything else is right on target :)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Tron said:
i believe you mean to say the Rams finish the preseason 1-3. Everything else is right on target :)
Nice. I fixed that.
This was a press release from the Rams, so I can't take credit for what is normally brilliant dyslexia on my part.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
X said:
Nice. I fixed that.
This was a press release from the Rams, so I can't take credit for what is normally brilliant dyslexia on my part.

No wonder there was no negatives in the piece lol

fearsomefour

Legend
""WR Brain Quick registered a 26-yard reception in Ravens territory to put the Rams on the Baltimore 3-yard line. The play helped set-up a score by RB Zac Stacy. Quick finished the night with a team-leading five receptions for 60 yards, a 12-yard average.""

This is more how I see Quick developing....I may be totally wrong, more of a big possession guy who can break one every now and then....and a force inside the 10. Guys want to keep saying Quick is like Bryant in Dallas but I could see him being like a Boldin kind of receiver in particular if he gets a little bigger and learns how to use his body. One thing for sure, Givens, Austin, Cook and Quick is a lot of fast and big to contend with on D. So many possibilities.

lockdnram21

Legend
fearsomefour said:
""WR Brain Quick registered a 26-yard reception in Ravens territory to put the Rams on the Baltimore 3-yard line. The play helped set-up a score by RB Zac Stacy. Quick finished the night with a team-leading five receptions for 60 yards, a 12-yard average.""

This is more how I see Quick developing....I may be totally wrong, more of a big possession guy who can break one every now and then....and a force inside the 10. Guys want to keep saying Quick is like Bryant in Dallas but I could see him being like a Boldin kind of receiver in particular if he gets a little bigger and learns how to use his body. One thing for sure, Givens, Austin, Cook and Quick is a lot of fast and big to contend with on D. So many possibilities.

Iyea I think he is like dez bryant. Nick Wagoner compared him to demaryious Thomas

fearsomefour

Legend
Some of how Quick develops of course depends on how he is used....but, if he turns out like Bryant, Thomas or Boldin I will have no complaints.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
fearsomefour said:

That was a great catch by Quick and one that is essentially uncoverable. Clemens threw it high at the point where only he could catch it. Quick used his great size and jumping ability to catch it over the defender. If he can do that against other teams first stringers then he should be starting.

My only gripe is I wish he caught more catchable balls more and that fumble did hurt.