Post free agency mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lets take a look at it now since we're essentially done with free agency. OTA's start in a week and the draft is in three weeks.

Round 2 pick 5:

Chris Godwin WR Penn St.

1465532_26019.jpg

After a great Rose Bowl game (9 rec 187 yards 2 TD) he hasn't let us down with his off season performance. A big bodied WR 6'1" 209 lbs he'll catch everything that comes to him especially good at the high point. Oh and he also ran a 4.42 40 yard dash. A great WR to mix in with Austin and Woods.

Round 3 pick 5:

Howard Wilson CB Houston

howard-wilson-122816-getty-ftrjpg_1b179zc8s48s717kbcktypw4js.jpg

Everything we need in a CB with good size. Adequate make up speed and with his ball hawking skills should thrive in a Wade defense with his ability to create turnovers with this great pass rush we'll have.

Round 4 pick 5:

Chase Roullier C Wyoming

Roullier-Chase-Wyoming-at-Air-Force-TB-01-1.jpg

Are you tired of seeing him in mocks yet?

Round 4 pick 35:

George Kittle TE Iowa

8894584.jpg

Jrry sold me on this guy. Looks like a very good all around TE to compliment Higbee.

Round 5 pick 5:

Eddie Vandervoes DT UCLA

47-640x504.jpg

This might be an optimistic slot to get him at but if he's not here I could live with D.J. Jones from Ole Miss. I see us taking a NT over a DE this allows Wade to rotate our draft pick with Tyrunn Walker at DT and use Brockers and Easley in a rotation opposite of Donald. We have depth at DE we'll see what Wade makes of it.

Round 6 pick 5:

Joshua Holsey CB Auburn

hqdefault.jpg

Another theft from Jrry and others. He had a great post season and if he can stay healthy he could stick in the secondary for a long time.

Round 6 pick 22:

Robert Davis WR Georgia St

georgia-state-football-final-69.jpg

I was going to go with another steal here but went with Davis instead. 6'3" 219 lbs and still runs a 4.44 40? Competition of course was limited but he tore them up. Oh he's related to Thomas Davis of the Panthers? I'll take that any day of the week and twice in the 6th round.

Round 7 pick 16:

Hardy Nickerson JR ILB Illinois

9516749.jpg

Another pick with the NFL bloodlines. Wasn't spectacular in college but was very productive as a tackler. If you look back at Wades defenses he's made a career of using late round picks at ILB to carry his defenses. Nobody is certain what Tree and Barron will do in Wades defense but here we take a late round to plug in long term in the meantime he's depth and a special teams work horse tackler.

Depth Chart

QB: Goff, Mannion, Murray
RB: Gurley, Dunbar, Brown, Green
XWR: Woods
ZWR: Godwin
Slot: Austin (Depth for all positions Cooper, Thomas, Bradley, North, Spruce and McRoberts)
TE: Higbee, Kittle, Harkey, Hemingway
LT: Whitworth, Murphy
LG: Saffold, Brown
C: Sullivan, Roullier
RG: Havenstein, Whichman
RT: Robinson, Donnal

DE: Donald, Longacre
NT: Walker, Vandervoes
DE: Brockers, Easley
OLB: Quinn, Fox
ILB: Ogletree, Forrest
ILB: Barron, Nickerson Jr
OLB: Barwin, Littleton, Grigsby
CB: Johnson, Holsey
CB: Webster, Hill, Countess
CB: Wilson, Gaines
FS: Joyner, Davis, Christian
SS: Alexander, Randolph

Not a ton of changes just on vacation and felt like doing one this morning. I think with the coaching changes this is a vastly improved team over last year. Can't wait for April 28th!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Lets take a look at it now since we're essentially done with free agency. OTA's start in a week and the draft is in three weeks.

Round 2 pick 5:

Chris Godwin WR Penn St.

1465532_26019.jpg

After a great Rose Bowl game (9 rec 187 yards 2 TD) he hasn't let us down with his off season performance. A big bodied WR 6'1" 209 lbs he'll catch everything that comes to him especially good at the high point. Oh and he also ran a 4.42 40 yard dash. A great WR to mix in with Austin and Woods.

Round 3 pick 5:

Howard Wilson CB Houston

howard-wilson-122816-getty-ftrjpg_1b179zc8s48s717kbcktypw4js.jpg

Everything we need in a CB with good size. Adequate make up speed and with his ball hawking skills should thrive in a Wade defense with his ability to create turnovers with this great pass rush we'll have.

Round 4 pick 5:

Chase Roullier C Wyoming

Roullier-Chase-Wyoming-at-Air-Force-TB-01-1.jpg

Are you tired of seeing him in mocks yet?

Round 4 pick 35:

George Kittle TE Iowa

8894584.jpg

Jrry sold me on this guy. Looks like a very good all around TE to compliment Higbee.

Round 5 pick 5:

Eddie Vandervoes DT UCLA

47-640x504.jpg

This might be an optimistic slot to get him at but if he's not here I could live with D.J. Jones from Ole Miss. I see us taking a NT over a DE this allows Wade to rotate our draft pick with Tyrunn Walker at DT and use Brockers and Easley in a rotation opposite of Donald. We have depth at DE we'll see what Wade makes of it.

Round 6 pick 5:

Joshua Holsey CB Auburn

hqdefault.jpg

Another theft from Jrry and others. He had a great post season and if he can stay healthy he could stick in the secondary for a long time.

Round 6 pick 22:

Robert Davis WR Georgia St

georgia-state-football-final-69.jpg

I was going to go with another steal here but went with Davis instead. 6'3" 219 lbs and still runs a 4.44 40? Competition of course was limited but he tore them up. Oh he's related to Thomas Davis of the Panthers? I'll take that any day of the week and twice in the 6th round.

Round 7 pick 16:

Hardy Nickerson JR ILB Illinois

9516749.jpg

Another pick with the NFL bloodlines. Wasn't spectacular in college but was very productive as a tackler. If you look back at Wades defenses he's made a career of using late round picks at ILB to carry his defenses. Nobody is certain what Tree and Barron will do in Wades defense but here we take a late round to plug in long term in the meantime he's depth and a special teams work horse tackler.

Depth Chart

QB: Goff, Mannion, Murray
RB: Gurley, Dunbar, Brown, Green
XWR: Woods
ZWR: Godwin
Slot: Austin (Depth for all positions Cooper, Thomas, Bradley, North, Spruce and McRoberts)
TE: Higbee, Kittle, Harkey, Hemingway
LT: Whitworth, Murphy
LG: Saffold, Brown
C: Sullivan, Roullier
RG: Havenstein, Whichman
RT: Robinson, Donnal

DE: Donald, Longacre
NT: Walker, Vandervoes
DE: Brockers, Easley
OLB: Quinn, Fox
ILB: Ogletree, Forrest
ILB: Barron, Nickerson Jr
OLB: Barwin, Littleton, Grigsby
CB: Johnson, Holsey
CB: Webster, Hill, Countess
CB: Wilson, Gaines
FS: Joyner, Davis, Christian
SS: Alexander, Randolph

Not a ton of changes just on vacation and felt like doing one this morning. I think with the coaching changes this is a vastly improved team over last year. Can't wait for April 28th!
Nice sold Draft OldSchool! In your 5th round CB pick, what do you think about substituting CB - Shaquill Griffin!
* 4.38-40!
* 38.5 Vert.!
* 132.0 Broad jump!
* 4.24 short shuttle
* 11.62 long shuttle!
* SPARQ score of 134.1!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nice sold Draft OldSchool! In your 5th round CB pick, what do you think about substituting CB - Shaquill Griffin!
* 4.38-40!
* 38.5 Vert.!
* 132.0 Broad jump!
* 4.24 short shuttle
* 11.62 long shuttle!
* SPARQ score of 134.1!
His sparq is top notch but I'm not that big on that like you and a few others. What I've seen and read is he's a bit slow to react to routes and doesn't have good anticipation. There are several DB's that late stage that might be available, another I like is Ezra Robinson from Tennessee St.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
His sparq is top notch but I'm not that big on that like you and a few others. What I've seen and read is he's a bit slow to react to routes and doesn't have good anticipation. There are several DB's that late stage that might be available, another I like is Ezra Robinson from Tennessee St.
I hadn't heard this^ about him, thanks! I do know though, Mayock was talking him up at the Combine, and I really trust his judgment when it comes to DB's!(y)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Nice mock. Only pick I have some concern with is the CB Wilson in round 3. Think you can get him later, and that there will be better options at our pick there. But of course if that's the guy Phillips wants, I trust his judgment, obviously the dude knows what he's doing.

Godwin there at our round 2 pick is the only WR that I feel comfortable with, assuming Davis, Ross, and Williams are off the board. If it's not Godwin, i.e. they are targeting a guy like Smith, Kupp, Jones, etc., I'd prefer they move down a bit. So I like that pick, don't think he'll have as much value as CB and S but it's probably close enough to where they're in the same group on the Rams' board.

IMO rounds 2 and 4 are on point. I could get behind that draft.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
I'm with it all the way. I'm not sure Kittle makes it to the 4th though. He had a very impressive pro day to build on his off season momentum. I'd use the third rounder on him and get the CBs later IMO. Very well done though.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
What I've seen and read is he's a bit slow to react to routes and doesn't have good anticipation.

Wow, grading a football player on how he plays football........ novel idea...... Brilliant!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'd be happy with it.

Footnote: I remember Vanderdoes from his high school recruiting. Holy crap did he ever get big.

Limey

Rookie
I really like it. Jrry has me sold on Watt, so I might go with him in the 2nd instead, but that's nitpicking. If there is a raw LOT prospect on day 3 I would be tempted as well, but you have addressed pretty much all of our weak areas with impressive players, so I would be very happy if that is what we come away with.