Post-FA Mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Players Chosen:
QB: Winston, Mariota,

RB:

WR:Cooper, White, Parker

OT:Collins

OG:Scherff, Collins

C:

DT:Williams,

DE:Dupree, Ray

LB:Fowler, Beasley

S:

CB: Waynes

Other:

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
With the #13 pick New Orleans selects

TWaynes.jpg

Trae Waynes, CB, Michigan St.

Nice pick

Alan

Legend
Players Chosen:

RB:

OT:Collins

C:

S:

CB:Waynes

Other:

13th PICK UPDATE 02APR15
@FRO you're on the clock and you have until 0720 hours EST on 03APR15 to make your pick. Keep in mind that the hours between 2200 and 0600 EST the next day do not count against your 12 hour pick window. Hopefully, you'll make your pick long before your time is up. :cheers:

Round 1
  1. Cleveland (from Tampa Bay)-den the coach-Jameis Winston, QB, FSU
  2. Washington (from Tennessee)-brokeu91-Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon
  3. Jacksonville-Barrison-Leonard Williams, DT, USC
  4. Oakland-Stel-Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama
  5. Tennessee (from Washington)-Shaunpinney-Kevin White, WR, WVU
  6. New York Jets-Rams24/7-Dante Fowler OLB Florida
  7. Chicago- LosAngelesRams-Vic Beasley, OLB, Clemson
  8. Atlanta-Warner4Prez-Alvin 'Bud' Dupree, DE, Kentucky
  9. New York Giants-Bonifay Ram-Brandon Scherff, OG, Iowa
  10. St. Louis-Ramrocket- La'el Collins, OT/G, LSU
  11. Minnesota-Ramhusker- DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville
  12. Tampa Bay (from Cleveland)-Boston Ram-Shane Ray, DE, Missouri
  13. New Orleans-BigRamFan-Trae Waynes, CB, MSU
  14. Miami-Fro-
  15. San Francisco-Ltrautman-
  16. Houston-Tron-
  17. San Diego-Athos-
  18. Kansas City-Sierra Ram
  19. Tampa Bay (from Cleveland)-Boston Ram-
  20. Philadelphia-Legatron4-
  21. Cincinnati-Mojo Ram-
  22. Pittsburgh-Jrry32-
  23. Detroit-A55VA6-
  24. Arizona-Elmgrovegnome-
  25. Carolina-howski3318-
  26. Baltimore-Yamahopper-
  27. Dallas-Jorgeh0605-
  28. Denver-jjab360-
  29. Indianapolis-Tahoe-
  30. Green Bay-LAChamp-
  31. New Orleans-BigRamFan-
  32. New England-Rams until i die-
[/QUOTE]

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
That Minnesota pick is surprising. Devante Parker. With Mike Wallace and Cordarelle Patterson that's now a dirttttty group of receivers.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
There are some great depth in certain positions this year, loving the WRs, O-line and there's some tasty pass-rushers

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
Yeah, Waynes was the other guy I was considering with the pick. I went with Parker because I think he is a true #1 WR and of course the possible chemistry with Bridgewater.

I thought you were going Wayne's for sure. Parker makes sense though for Bridgewater. I looked at him but thought he was a little too 'finesse' if you know what I mean. Still not sure I did the right thing!!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I thought you were going Wayne's for sure. Parker makes sense though for Bridgewater. I looked at him but thought he was a little too 'finesse' if you know what I mean. Still not sure I did the right thing!!
I think you made a good pick. Collins has to be BPA at the position at least and definitely fills a need. I'd be cool with it in the real world.

Alan

Legend
Ramrocket having doubts:
I love the pick but I wish it had been a little lower after a trade down. I know you tried and couldn't get any reasonable offers so when you have to draft at ten and the 9 players chosen head of you were who they were in this Mock, then to me, he was the best option. Cooper would have given me pause but absent him...

Mayock has him as the best OT in the draft. Others differ. I don't know who our local experts like the best because that discussion is happening in another forum and I don't know where it is. :LOL:

I'd have picked him too.

Ramrocket

Name
Rod
I love the pick but I wish it had been a little lower after a trade down. I know you tried and couldn't get any reasonable offers so when you have to draft at ten and the 9 players chosen head of you were who they were in this Mock, then to me, he was the best option. Cooper would have given me pause but absent him...

Mayock has him as the best OT in the draft. Others differ. I don't know who our local experts like the best because that discussion is happening in another forum and I don't know where it is. :LOL:

Ideally that's what I wanted to do. Trade down to 15-20 and pick up Collins/Flowers/Erving/Clemmings but no one was keen enough to give up what was necessary. That's the way it goes. If this is the way it turns out in the real draft, I got to admit, I probably wouldn't be too disappointed.

I was toying with going a different direction and look to prop up the OL in the 2-3 rounds.

Alan

Legend
Ramrocket with another fallback option:
I was toying with going a different direction and look to prop up the OL in the 2-3 rounds.
The problem I have with drafting a player at a position other than the O-line in the first round is something you haven't mentioned, QB. If we are really going to get a QB who has a realistic chance of becoming a starter, we'll probably have to take him in the 2nd round. Hundley, Petty and Grayson will all probably go in the 2nd round. Suddenly, you're looking at trying to draft 2-3 quality starters starting in the third round. Small verging on minute chance of success IMO. At least in the short term.

Last edited:

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame

I'd have picked him too.

Not that I am an expert but I think Ramrocket got the best RT available.

There is some good oline depth in this draft and I know it has been bantied about but if everything does play out this way if maybe Gurley becomes more of a possibility.

Ramrocket

Name
Rod
Not that I am an expert but I think Ramrocket got the best RT available.

There is some good oline depth in this draft and I know it has been bantied about but if everything does play out this way if maybe Gurley becomes more of a possibility.

Gurley was one of the players I was looking at. I just couldn't bring myself to draft a RB at 10.

Ramrocket

Name
Rod
TJ Clemmings OT Pitt for Miami. Sorry for the delay.
This guys ceiling is sky high. Probably will have to start inside but he is so light in his feet for a big guy. He has a future on the outside.

Good pick.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Players Chosen:

RB:

OT:Collins, Clemmings

C:

S:

CB:Waynes

Other:

14th PICK UPDATE 03APR15
@Ltrautman you're on the clock and you have until 1830 hours EST (@Alan , have I worked the times out correct?) on 03APR15 to make your pick. Keep in mind that the hours between 2200 and 0600 EST the next day do not count against your 12 hour pick window. Hopefully, you'll make your pick long before your time is up. :cheers:

Round 1
  1. Cleveland (from Tampa Bay)-den the coach-Jameis Winston, QB, FSU
  2. Washington (from Tennessee)-brokeu91-Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon
  3. Jacksonville-Barrison-Leonard Williams, DT, USC
  4. Oakland-Stel-Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama
  5. Tennessee (from Washington)-Shaunpinney-Kevin White, WR, WVU
  6. New York Jets-Rams24/7-Dante Fowler OLB Florida
  7. Chicago- LosAngelesRams-Vic Beasley, OLB, Clemson
  8. Atlanta-Warner4Prez-Alvin 'Bud' Dupree, DE, Kentucky
  9. New York Giants-Bonifay Ram-Brandon Scherff, OG, Iowa
  10. St. Louis-Ramrocket- La'el Collins, OT/G, LSU
  11. Minnesota-Ramhusker- DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville
  12. Tampa Bay (from Cleveland)-Boston Ram-Shane Ray, DE, Missouri
  13. New Orleans-BigRamFan-Trae Waynes, CB, MSU
  14. Miami-Fro- TL Clemmings, OT, Pittsburg
  15. San Francisco-Ltrautman-
  16. Houston-Tron-
  17. San Diego-Athos-
  18. Kansas City-Sierra Ram
  19. Tampa Bay (from Cleveland)-Boston Ram-
  20. Philadelphia-Legatron4-
  21. Cincinnati-Mojo Ram-
  22. Pittsburgh-Jrry32-
  23. Detroit-A55VA6-
  24. Arizona-Elmgrovegnome-
  25. Carolina-howski3318-
  26. Baltimore-Yamahopper-
  27. Dallas-Jorgeh0605-
  28. Denver-jjab360-
  29. Indianapolis-Tahoe-
  30. Green Bay-LAChamp-
  31. New Orleans-BigRamFan-
  32. New England-Rams until i die-

Alan

Legend
FRO trying to figure the interval correctly:
@Ltrautman you're on the clock and you have until 1800 hours on 03APR15 (not 1830) hours EST (@Alan , have I worked the times out correct?)
Since the hours between 2200 and 0600 hours EST don't count, you essentially made your pick at 2200 or 0600 (they work out the same) he has until 1800 so you only missed it by 30 minutes. Great job on reposting the Players Chosen and Pick Update lists! Even got the colors right. :LOL: :banana:

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Since the hours between 2200 and 0600 hours EST don't count, you essentially made your pick at 2200 or 0600 (they work out the same) he has until 1800 so you only missed it by 30 minutes. Great job on reposting the Players Chosen and Pick Update lists! Even got the colors right. :LOL: :banana:

Apologies for getting it wrong!
My excuse: I'm suffering from some serious man-flu at the moment, am on pain medication for my torn wrist ligaments and chronic arthritis in my shoulder, I got within 30 mins - I'm happy! ;)