Post Draft Perspectives?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Hey Rambro's
So I've been super busy with work and my daughter's wedding and I don't follow college ball or nfl draft reporting like I used to -
I see the players we grabbed, read the little paragraphs and that's about it...
I would really like to read some general overviews from ROD from your POV's on the draft as a whole, the expectations you have for these players and the grades you give them.... I'm just hoping for a thread I can find discussing this draft in review rather than digging through everything I've missed.

I realize it might be wishful thinking... Thanks

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I really like the draft, even though we took the wrong QB. But overall, it made the team much better. Not perfect but improved.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
I think the Rams drafted well.
Bolstered the O-line, got some DE's to compete against each other...
Got a decent QB to backup Matthew... Got a few other pieces...
Most of the players seem to love the game - and some really put in the time to get better... So, I am pleased with the draft.

Who am I - just a nobody spectator....... :zany1:

muggmeister

Rookie
Overall I think (hope) we did pretty well with our selections. At least there will be competition for a lot of different positions (i.e. everywhere on defense minus Donald). It is the off-season now to ponder but I still wonder if the following would have been better. Not looking for replies or criticism, this is more of just a "note to self" to see if I actually know damn thing about football. I absolutely love the Avila pick, he could anchor this line from the inside for years.

(2) #36 - Steve Avila, G, TCU
(3) #77 - Byron Young, Edge, Tenn
(3) #80 - Trenton Simpson, ILB, Clemson, or Daiyan Henley, ILB, WSU (traded #89 and #161)
(4) #128- Aidan O'Connell, QB, Purdue
(5) #174- Warren McClendon, OT/OG Georgia
(5) #175- Kayshon Boutte, WR, LSU
(6) #177- Karl Brooks, DT/DE, Bowling Green
(6) #188- Tre'Vius Hodges-Tomlinson, CB, TCU
(6) #189- Jose Ramirez, OLB, Eastern Michigan
(6) #215- Zach Kuntz, TE, Old Dominion
(7) #223- Andrew Vorhees, G, USC (redshirt year, tore ACL at combine)
(7) #234- Jason Taylor II, S, Oklahoma State
(7) #259- Mohamed Ibrahim, RB , MSU

Enough thoughts for the night, time for a Screwball Peanut Butter Whiskey nightcap and off to slumberland. :clinkingbeer::sleepy:

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
As @OldSchool has said, there’s already a draft grade thread.

By the way, surely this thread should have been called “Post-draft Ram-ifications”?

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
As @OldSchool has said, there’s already a draft grade thread.

We already have a post saying this. No duplicates please.

This is the Internal Affairs division of ROD's Post Police. We police the police. Please do not fill up our message board with posts I could read elsewhere..

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Prediction for this class is we'll find some interesting gems along the way but it's still gonna be a long year since lots of rookies gotta learn on the job. I'm guessing we'll get a bit more clarity about their potential as they step into year 2. I'm hoping for some surprises so we'll see.

nighttrain

Legend
Prediction for this class is we'll find some interesting gems along the way but it's still gonna be a long year since lots of rookies gotta learn on the job. I'm guessing we'll get a bit more clarity about their potential as they step into year 2. I'm hoping for some surprises so we'll see.
my thinking is that by mid-season we'll have a really good idea about how our scouts did in last two drafts.
train

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
my thinking is that by mid-season we'll have a really good idea about how our scouts did in last two drafts.
train
I think we will some what but I still think the biggest jump will be after one year. Also that's when the Rams will sort of hint what they think based on who they go after in FA in 24.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@badnews congrats to you about your daughter's wedding. Before preseason and up to the draft, I was pretty sure we were sucking for "luck.' I don't feel that way today, because:

*most are great character guys who love football.
*All have skills but need good coaching to develop them
*It appears that we have good coaches led by Sean McVay
*Our top pick has the ability to shore up our Oline, which will make Jackson(LT), Allen, Akers, Stafford, Atwell and Kupp better
*I love, love, love the Steve Avila pick. I've thought the last three years that McSnead didn't value the Oline positions by taking a versatile guard/center high n the draft. I thought for sure we would take a skill position player that was new and shiny and not a meat and potatoes guy. Did I say I love it?

Now, it may be true that the season is lost early this year because too many games are lost before the midpoint of the season, waiting for the large number of rookie starters to play up to their potential. Cynically, it gives Snead a great excuse for a bad team performance in 2023, while also making our first, 1st round pick in many years very valuable in 2024. The big question for me will be if Snead will allow the 1st round pick in 2024 to be there for us....or will he trade it for a known quantity skill player for Stafford's benefit?

Tano

Legend
@badnews congrats to you about your daughter's wedding. Before preseason and up to the draft, I was pretty sure we were sucking for "luck.' I don't feel that way today, because:

*most are great character guys who love football.
*All have skills but need good coaching to develop them
*It appears that we have good coaches led by Sean McVay
*Our top pick has the ability to shore up our Oline, which will make Jackson(LT), Allen, Akers, Stafford, Atwell and Kupp better
*I love, love, love the Steve Avila pick. I've thought the last three years that McSnead didn't value the Oline positions by taking a versatile guard/center high n the draft. I thought for sure we would take a skill position player that was new and shiny and not a meat and potatoes guy. Did I say I love it?

Now, it may be true that the season is lost early this year because too many games are lost before the midpoint of the season, waiting for the large number of rookie starters to play up to their potential. Cynically, it gives Snead a great excuse for a bad team performance in 2023, while also making our first, 1st round pick in many years very valuable in 2024. The big question for me will be if Snead will allow the 1st round pick in 2024 to be there for us....or will he trade it for a known quantity skill player for Stafford's benefit?
Yeah I like our chances better with this group of draftees.

We just have to pray that Stafford stays upright even though I have a higher opinion now of Stetson that I did before the pick, I still think he will have huge issues in his first year. We won't win many games with Stetson if he plays more than a couple games.

nighttrain

Legend
Yeah I like our chances better with this group of draftees.

We just have to pray that Stafford stays upright even though I have a higher opinion now of Stetson that I did before the pick, I still think he will have huge issues in his first year. We won't win many games with Stetson if he plays more than a couple games.
hmmmmmmmmmm, name one team that wont be negatively effected if their starting QB is injured.

case closed.
train

Tano

Legend
hmmmmmmmmmm, name one team that wont be negatively effected if their starting QB is injured.

case closed.
train
Some more negatively than others

SF wasn't affected much last year.

Heck - Dallas played well under Rush

I personally believe we are in the bottom 3rd in that category (for now) - Stetson might be a good backup in a year or two