Possible Review/Challenge Rules Next Season?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
Been hearing that due to that questionable PI NO CALL on Sunday that the NFL might be changing the Coach’s CHALLENGES in the near future to include those type questionable PI CALLS/PI NO-CALLS. My question is that will they also include other questionable PENALTIES (Holding, Offsides, Personal Fouls, etc) when they make/consider these changes?

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hopefully, what comes out of that call is a better replay/review system.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
IMO, if they review most pass plays, it will be a wash because the rules favor the offense, the receivers push off like crazy and the foul gets called on the defense.

Flint

Pro Bowler
I can’t believe they would change the way the whole game is officiated so this extremely unlikely event doesn’t happen again. Hopefully they are only trying to appease Saints fans cuz this would create a whole new set of problems.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pass interference is a spot foul, could be a 50 yard penalty. Heck yeah it should be reviewable.
Coaches challenge only though.

Ewe83

Mama's got a new baby boy
Ridiculous, the last thing the NFL should be doing is coddling all these whiny ass Saints fans

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Only if we can also review No Cal face masks, like Goff suffered.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I’d like to review the non-calls on that shitbag Taylor Stallworth.

He needs to be dog walked for that mess.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can you challenge a non call?
Ummm.....
giphy.gif

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Been hearing that due to that questionable PI NO CALL on Sunday that the NFL might be changing the Coach’s CHALLENGES in the near future to include those type questionable PI CALLS/PI NO-CALLS. My question is that will they also include other questionable PENALTIES (Holding, Offsides, Personal Fouls, etc) when they make/consider these changes?

So, then we would have a ref’s ‘judgement’ on a call/non call second guessed by someone else’s ‘judgement’ on a call/non call? OMG

No way this happens IMHO.

96GS#007

Pro Bowler
This is heading down the path of “what’s a catch?” <smh>

They wanna review something? Review the non calls that have injury ramifications...like a face mask that twists the head. A blown PI call? F’k em

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I can’t believe they would change the way the whole game is officiated so this extremely unlikely event doesn’t happen again.

I don't think it's changing anything other than expanding the things a coach can challenge. I think that's a good idea.

Ridiculous, the last thing the NFL should be doing is coddling all these whiny ass Saints fans

IMO this was inevitable because refs miss play and it was only a matter of time before it happened in a game like this or the Super Bowl. Changing the challenge rule has been discussed in the meeting the competition committee for a couple of years now.

In fact Belichick has taken the public posture that anything should be able to be reviewed. Keep the same amount of challenge flags but let a coach use it on anything.

Only if we can also review No Cal face masks, like Goff suffered.

I suspect no-calls won't be ignored after last Sunday, that's what is driving this discussion in the media. Like I said above there has been discussion about it already.

Ram65

Legend
I heard John Fox on the radio today talking about coaches getting to challenge PI inside 2 Minutes. What a crook. If you go this route it should be the entire game and other things. It still creates a mess on what can be challenged

What about the phantom roughing the passer in favor of Brady or the non face mask call on Goff?

Can't get everything right.. What did it take to rule on the Edelman muff or non muff? Seemed like 10 minutes.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Mike Pererira with the best idea yet IMHO.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Elway says don’t do it. It’s opening a big can of worms. I agree.

This is similar to Martz trying to get refs to crack down on DB holding. It lasted a few years but you see it often now.

Flint

Pro Bowler
Part of why we love sports is because it’s unpredictable, why do we need more and more rules, more and more officiating. Everyone wants to get it “right”, that’s not going to happen, there were 3 plays reviewed in the Chiefs game, were they ruled correctly? Even with replay we don’t know if it was correct. So now someone sits in the booth and calls penalties. There hasn’t been a helmet to helmet called since the playoffs started but there shoulda been one Sunday.
Replay was supposed to solve all these problems but it really hasn’t, no one will admit what a pain in the ass replay is, the next thing is going to fix the problem. Everything shouldn’t be reviewable.